It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Builders of the Great Pyramid had access to a modern computer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The proof i am presenting in this thread shows without any doubt (in my mind at least) the builders of the Great Pyramid had access to a modern day computer.

Some facts to know first. The pyramids actual height in ancient times was 146.64 metres. The capstone which fitted on top the great pyramind in ancient times is no longer there; so todays height is 138.8 metres. The height dimension i am working with will be the original height 146.64 metres.

The other dimension i am working with is the length of the sides. The lengths of side is 230.25 metres.

The dimensions of the the great pyramid are shown in the diagram below. The diagram shows also the equivalent measurements in feet. The source i am using for the measurements of Great Pyramind is Wiki.

Now im going to perform some mathematics. I am dividing the height of the pyramid by the length of side. It doesnt matter if feet or metres are used as the result will be a ratio value which has no units of measurement.

Therefore the height of the pyramid divided by its length of side is 146.64/230.25 = 0.63687

Now what i am going to do is use the scientfic calculator from the menu bar on my computer and use the Tan and TanH functions.

I will take the value 0.63687 and carry out 10 sequential operations in sequence

Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan

The image above shows the dimensions of the great pyramid and also under it is the scientific calculator i am using from my windows menu bar.

The number which is calcuated out is 3.1415547 multipled by exponential e-13.

Now if i clear my calculator and press the Pi (π) symbol gives 3.14159265359. The Pi number π is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, and is approximately equal to 3.14159.

This accuracy of calcuating the value of Pi starting from a ratio of the pyramid dimensions may seem coincidental at first glance but consider the following points:

Point 1:
The plot of of Tanh is below, and was done using a Mathematical engineering tool called Matlab

MATLAB (matrix laboratory) is a numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language. Developed by MathWorks, MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages, including C, C++, Java, and Fortran.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Matlab tool allows to carry out a Hyperbolic plot of the Hyperbolic tangent of
x = tanh x = (ex - e-x)/(ex + e-x)

In laymans terms this plot is a graph of Tanh. The plot of Tanh(x) is zero for x = 0, and tends to 1 as x tends to infinity and to -1 as x tends to minus infinity.

Point 2:

In the calculation performed on my scientific calculator a repetitive sequence is seen in the sequnce Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan. Its a repetitive sequence of Tan, Tanh, Tan. Exactly 10 calculations of this pattern leads to 3.1415547... multipled by exponential e-13.

Point 3:
The number e is an important mathematical constant, approximately equal to 2.71828. It is the limit of (1 + 1/n)n as n approaches infinity. In laymans terms e is useful number for defining Hyperbolic expressions. The calcuated number is expressed as a multiple of e and therefore the ancients must of understood the defintion of the value e.

Point 4:

Accuracy, after 10 repetitive mathematical operations following the repetitive sequence of Tan, Tanh, Tan the number which is calcuated out is 3.1415547. This caluculated value is precisely accurate to 4 decimal points with the Pi symbol π calculated on the scientific calculator of my computer 3.14159265359.

The complexity of the calculation can only be done by a computer as the resultant value 3.1415547 is multiplied by e-13, and which to give you an idea how complex this is

e-13 = 1/e multiplied by 1/e......keep doing this calculation 13 times.

Point 5:
The value of Pi being calculated out after 10 repetitive sequences and multipled by exponential e-13, indicates the ancients used a base 10 counting system as we do today.

Point 6:
The ancient builders must of known Pi number π is a mathematical constant that is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, and is approximately equal to 3.14159.

In Summary

In considering the points above its obvious to me the ancient builders determined the dimensions of the pyramids, with accurate knowledge and understanding of Pi number π , number e, Hyperbolic tangent of x = tanh x = (ex - e-x)/(ex + e-x).

They also understood the base 10 counting sequence, and had comparable computing power to what we have access to today to perform complex mathematical calculations to an accuracy of (1/e multiplied by 1/e......keep doing this calculation) 13 times producing final value of accuracy to within 4 decimal points 3.1415.

What is your opinion of this? Do you really believe the main steam ideas of how the Great pyramid was built?

Do you agree this evidence here is quite conclusive in showing that the builders had access to the same level or better of mathematical knowledge and computing power we have today?

edit on 1-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Don't see the proof of modern computers there,sorry.

Take a look at this though,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace,
K

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
What is your opinion of this? Do you really believe the main steam ideas of how the Great pyramid was built?

Do you this the evidence here is quite conclusive that the builders had access to the same level or better of mathematical knowledge and computing power we have today?

I see how you have come to this conclusion but I'm afraid I'm not with you on this one. Asking simple questions like:

How did they power the computer?

Where did it come from? (I'm assuming you look to the whole Ancient Alien theory to answer this one?)

Why was it not recorded?

And I'm back to the beginning, how did they do it?

Perhaps we don't give our ancient ancestors enough credit.
edit on 28/2/2013 by LiveForever8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Well the title is an oxymoron
And they knew about pi, So nothing new there,
I've seen guys with an abacus do complicated maths faster than a calculator.Great work on the OP but hardly proof.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well that is a lot of math. I understand that a high level of math and geometry were needed to build them (along with many other structures from our past) but a computer of modern times might be the wrong phrase. I picture Egyptians with open MacBooks on the Nile....
I agree they had super advanced knowledge of math far beyond what the average person even comes close to learning now in schools at all levels. Imagine if they all had the brain power of Einstein or Hawking there would be nothing they could not do. I believe humans have have lost much of there brain power over the last 5000 years. (Television does not help much.)

Well thought out and presented OP thank you

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
"3.1415547 multipled by exponential e-13" is not the same as "3.1415547e-13."

3.1415547e-13 = .00000000000031415547

The second e is for "engineering notation".

Exponential e, also known as Euler's number, is completely different. To do what you claim it does the expression would be Xe^n, and a negative exponent would be written as X/(e^n).

So 3.1415547*exp(-13) [as written in MATLAB] = 7.1009e-06

format long

ans = 7.100948572049544e-06 or .000007100948572049544

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Well the title is an oxymoron
And they knew about pi, So nothing new there,
I've seen guys with an abacus do complicated maths faster than a calculator.Great work on the OP but hardly proof.

Indeed they did know about Pi and about Phi (the golden mean) we just got dumb over the ages.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

yes your right but in my argument i am saying they are expressing pi in terms of constant e. Therefore they knew not just about the value of Pi but they also knew about the value of the constant e.

It indicates to me they had a greater depth of mathematical knowledge than they are given credit for in the mainsteam. Main stream barely wants to acknowledge they knew Pi.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

This is already public knowledge that they knew super duper high levels of math, how does it prove they had a computer of modern times.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I read this earlier in passing, now that I've took some time to think about this premise I find it intriguing.

I'd like to hear more. Could you please expand on it in other words?

edit on 1-3-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

yes your right but in my argument i am saying they are expressing pi in terms of constant e. Therefore they knew not just about the value of Pi but they also knew about the value of the constant e.

It indicates to me they had a greater depth of mathematical knowledge than they are given credit for in the mainsteam. Main stream barely wants to acknowledge they knew Pi.

But that doesn't require a computer to solve the equation...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
IDK man, make a base and incrementally build up at any angle as long as they are equal on all sides and you have a pyramid.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

I think they undestood the constant e. If they undestood e, it appears from my calculation that they knew how to apply it to limits. The hyperbolic function calculates very accurately limits as x approaches minus or positive infinity.

It took me 10 iteractions from starting with ratio 0.6368..using a reptitive tan, tan H sequence as described to arrive at Pi expressed in terms of e. Using the calculator i was able to maintain 4 decimal poinst of accuracy on Pi. I would like to see someone perform manual calc and achieve the same 4 decimal points of accuracy.

x = tanh x = (ex - e-x)/(ex + e-x)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Iiiiiiiiiiits Aaaaaaaaaiiiiilens

Well, im a romantic and i LOOOOVE the Stargate Saga...
Take it from there....
Were did the power come from?
Occams R....
IF they had computers, Aliens did it!

Naquadagenerators

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Don't fool yourself.

Here is a book that you will probably have to read if you get a BS in Math in college.

Ever wonder where we get 360 degrees from? The Sumerians.

Beckmann goes into the whole story. The Egyptians knew about pi.

As for Euler's number, they might have had an idea it was there, but the only people who had the numerical capability (that is the physical markings) to actually get close were the Indians until Fibonacci flipped the script and brought the numerical system to Europe, as e is the sum of an infinite series.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Thanks for link. Btw im not fooling myself i am just using modern day known exponential maths to work out Pi from pyramid dimensions. People can dismiss it away which they will, do i care...Not.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Some facts to know first. The pyramids actual height in ancient times was 280 feet or 146.64 metres.

I assume this was just a typo? Although you did mention it a couple times.

I would suggest that the "ancients" knew a heck of a lot more than we give them credit for.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lab4man

thanks picking up feet mistake. My calcs are using metres so mistake doesnt affect my result.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lab4man

He got it wrong. It's 280 cubits in height by 1760 cubits. 1760/280 = 6.285714428571426 which is an approximation of 2*pi (or more precisely 2*(22/7)).

22/7 was the ancient approximation for pi.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

In my calcs i am using the metres dimension information which you can see in the first picture in the OP. The first calculations divides Metres by Metres the resultant value a dimension less ratio. Its from that ratio i then proceed into calculations. This ratio for clarification is not Pi its a starting value for which through series of calculations Pi is derived in terms of e.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join