It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solfeggio - Impossible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ok guys, i'm no scientist and no skeptic.
But i'm afraid i may have been duped as well as many many others.
I have been a believer in the Solfegios to a huge extent, including creating Chakra associated meditation tracks and retuning to C528Hz.
I also work with Om and Schumann resonances etc and I have a lot of fact to back up why they are important...
but when really digging into Solfeggios, there are just some wild claims regarding the origins.
1. They are encoded in the bible and can be found using a Pythagorean mathematical method.
2. They are from Sanskrit and Gregorian chants, hidden by the Catholic Church.
3. They relate to Chakras and 528Hz can heal DNA.

Now here's the scientific and really simple reasons this can't be true.
3. There is nothing to back up the DNA claim, Dr. Len Horowitz claims that but he refuses to show proof.
(my fix: gonna buy a microscope and do it myself. my buddy's a microbiologist, he will help. have to have LOTS of control samples. we'll see.)
2. Sanskrit - OM is 136.10Hz, (also attempted to be backed up by the suns cycle etc but no) iIndian musicians tuned their instruments to Om by intuition for 100's of years. 136.10Hz is not a Solfeggio and any Solfeggio note would be out-of-tune with traditional Indian instruments. Gregorian Chants - just holding a tuner up to my speakers while playing Gregorian chants disproves this.
1. Encoded in the bible... in frequencies, measured in Hz, or cycles per second, which for one couldn't be measured until the 1600's, and two, the "second" as a measure of time didn't exist until not long before that. So if anyone encoded these numbers in the bible, they probably weren't referring to cycles per second or even seconds at all.

I've done cymatics experiments, and yes they make pretty patterns, but so do other tones, namely Om and A432 which I think now is just more "proper" tuning.
The Solfeggio "scale" is dissonant (the Devils Tones in the middle too? ok...) and can't even be played on any one instrument ever known to musicians.

If anyone has any evidence to counter the fact i think i just disproved my own beliefs, please do tell me. Feeling a bit bummed about it, so be nice, i'm trying to be rational and scientific here and i'm turning to you as understanding like-minded friends with objective minds. Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

So what are the Solfegios supposed to do? Isn't it a musical term? You stated something about an instrument not being able to play them, huh?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KAOStheory
But i'm afraid i may have been duped as well as many many others.
I have been a believer in the Solfegios to a huge extent, including creating Chakra associated meditation tracks and retuning to C528Hz.
I also work with Om and Schumann resonances etc and I have a lot of fact to back up why they are important...
but when really digging into Solfeggios, there are just some wild claims regarding the origins.
1. They are encoded in the bible and can be found using a Pythagorean mathematical method.

Now here's the scientific and really simple reasons this can't be true.
3. There is nothing to back up the DNA claim, Dr. Len Horowitz claims that but he refuses to show proof.
(my fix: gonna buy a microscope and do it myself. my buddy's a microbiologist, he will help. have to have LOTS of control samples. we'll see.)
2. Sanskrit - OM is 136.10Hz, (also attempted to be backed up by the suns cycle etc but no) iIndian musicians tuned their instruments to Om by intuition for 100's of years. 136.10Hz is not a Solfeggio and any Solfeggio note would be out-of-tune with traditional Indian instruments. Gregorian Chants - just holding a tuner up to my speakers while playing Gregorian chants disproves this.
1. Encoded in the bible... in frequencies, measured in Hz, or cycles per second, which for one couldn't be measured until the 1600's, and two, the "second" as a measure of time didn't exist until not long before that. So if anyone encoded these numbers in the bible, they probably weren't referring to cycles per second or even seconds at all.

I've done cymatics experiments, and yes they make pretty patterns, but so do other tones, namely Om and A432 which I think now is just more "proper" tuning.
The Solfeggio "scale" is dissonant (the Devils Tones in the middle too? ok...) and can't even be played on any one instrument ever known to musicians.

If anyone has any evidence to counter the fact i think i just disproved my own beliefs, please do tell me. Feeling a bit bummed about it, so be nice, i'm trying to be rational and scientific here and i'm turning to you as understanding like-minded friends with objective minds. Thanks in advance.

Where did you get the figure 528Hz from? I don't know if it's right or wrong, just asking.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Have you ever heard about this............

CONSPIRACY Imagine an incredibly powerful, wealthy person who secretly prospers from conflict, disease and war learns that certain sound frequencies (those easily divisible by two, signifying opposition) create conflict, discord and disharmony while those divisible by three (signifying balance, polity, reconciliation, harmony) produce symmetry, and visually harmonic, pleasing structures. Now imagine that he has the power to establish the tuning standard of all musical instruments throughout the Western World. Imagine that he bases the entire scale of musical artistic creation upon a frequency which would skew vibrations towards discord. It sounds like science fiction. Yet this is exactly what transpired in September 1939 when Rockefeller (Illuminati) financial interests dictated that the standard tuning for the note of "A" above middle C would henceforth be said to vibrate at precisely 440 cycles per second. This unnatural standard tuning frequency, removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones, has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man. The standard tuning fork, which is set to vibrate the note "A" above middle C at 440 cycles per second, is based upon a frequency only divisible by two rather than three, which means that all of the musical notes both above and below it are affected. Despite the apparent "sweet music" a symphony orchestra can produce, when all instruments are tuned based on the A=440Hz key frequency, they are covert weapons no matter what "music" they may be playing. These destructive frequencies entrain the thoughts towards disruption, disharmony, disunity. Additionally, they also stimulate the controlling organ of the body -- the brain -- into disharmonious resonance, which ultimately creates disease and war. "MILITARIZATION OF MUSIC" In a paper entitled "Musical Cult Control," Dr. Leonard Horowitz writes: The music industry "...features this imposed frequency that is 'herding' populations into greater aggression, psycho social agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illness...." while the agents of this conspiracy provide 'therapeutic' pacification in the form of myriad psychotropic drugs and tranquilizers for the stress they purposely created, and chemotherapy for the more serious illnesses it inspires." He says, "Energy (vibration) impacts "life" (biology) and our bodies through the most common medium of life: water. Our body weight, which is nearly 80 percent water, vibrates and resonates to frequencies, and frequencies entrain our physical matter as well as thought processes. Light and sound have been shown as the primary drivers of intercellular communication, which indicates that our health, or lack of it, may indeed by a product of the vibrational resonance of sound and light." As noted, the Rothschild-Rockefeller (Illuminati) alliance chose "....to determine the musical factors capable of producing psycho pathology, emotional distress and 'mass hysteria.'" BAD VERSUS GOOD VIBRATIONS The initial effort to make A=440 Hz the basis of standard tuning took place in 1910 when the Rockefeller Foundation issued a grant to the American Federation of Musicians to popularize the concept. The initial effort failed. However, the BSI -- British Standards Institute -- officially adopted A=440 Hz in 1939, promoted by the strange consortium of Rockefeller Foundation influence and the Nazi government. Ironically, The British adopted a tuning standard promoted by the Third Reich, just as both went to war. While 440Hz had been rejected by British musicians only 3 months prior, Josef Goebbels persuaded the BSI to adapt 440Hz saying it was of extraordinary importance. As Dr. Leonard Horowitz concludes: "Music bioenergetically affects your body chemistry, psycho neuro immunology, and health. Your body is now vibrating musically, audibly and subliminally, according to an institutionally imposed frequency in harmony with aggression and in dissonance rather than vibrating in harmony with Love." Musical instrument tuning using the artificially imposed standard of A=440Hz may promote physical and mental disease and distrust, while effectively suppressing spirituality, intuition and creativity. This universal tuning frequency has been empirically shown to suppress the creative, intuitive aspects of our mind, while negatively affecting our body chemistry and our immune systems. CONCLUSION I don't know if anyone can prove a direct link between aggression, disassociation, paranoia and violence to a tuning system that was promoted by both the Rockefellers and the Third Reich. However, just the fact that these two entities came together to push this standard is more than suspicious in my mind. Although more than a few people have made the connection between the music of John Philip Sousa and his marching music as a stimulus to war.(ex)

Its very interesting.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
No not that no instrument can play them. you can tune almost any instrument to any pitch.
Just that no instrument could play more than one of those notes at a time.
Yes, i'm slightly familiar with conspiracies thank you

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Basically, through this and thank you for posting that because it is directly relevant, i discovered the true proof of A432Hz.
When you tune your C# 4th fret on your guitar to Om 136.10Hz, which Indians have tuned the Sa or main string of the sitar at and other instruments, by intuition, for centuries, then hit that open A, you get 108, which is relevant to the 108 Karanas probably not so coincidentaly. Then when you double 108 for the next ocvtave of A up, you get 216. Double that again for the next octave, that's 432. There ya go. Solves that mystery finally. Can't wait to email the 432'ers tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
sorry didn't mean to just ignore that post, i know ALL of that, my whole career is based on it. cheers

(ok not whole career i'm exagerating but yes that's important info i'm trying to get out there too)
edit on 28-2-2013 by KAOStheory because: exaerration

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

sorry missed this...528Hz is a "Solfeggio tone", falsely reported to repair DNA

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

Yay! Love your approach. Experiment, test, evaluate, improve. Science is spotting the strange, curious and interesting and then testing to see what is really going on. Often information comes to us based on some observation, but garbled and unclear as to what is really going on. The only way to figure what the real underlying pattern is, is to experiment and compare and then publish your results somewhere so other people can repeat and then confirm or contradict your conclusions.

Religion is claiming to know the outcome of the experiment before you start.

Good science takes an idea and asks: what experiment could I run to disprove this idea. So with tones, taking some bacteria, splitting in various samples, adding some low concentration chemical that would give DNA damage and then putting various samples in environments where various tones are played to them, and some samples in silence, and then comparing health after a few hours would be a great place to start.

If you get results, plz report back.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by asciikewl

thank you! and i certainly will let you know the results!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I'm both, so you might not like my conclusions.

I also work with Om and Schumann resonances etc and I have a lot of fact to back up why they are important...but when really digging into Solfeggios, there are just some wild claims regarding the origins.

Yes, those are wild.

As to encoding, you can find ANY pattern you like in a large text (it's called a "corpus" in linguistics.) It doesn't matter the language or the system you use -- you can associate a word with (say) a piano chord and in a large enough text, you could find Beethoven's Ninth encoded. That's simply a function of "lots and lots and lots of stuff and forcing a pattern on it."

If the Catholic Church and the Hindu belief system had these as a powerful tool, wouldn't they be able to cure the sick (in modern times) better than hospitals can? You would see whole populations free from infectious diseases and degenerative diseases (and it would show up not in claims of health, but in the actual measurements of health for that country and region.)

There isn't any evidence for chakras (not that would satisfy the scientific community, that is) -- but if it could cure DNA, then these populations would never age and would be free from cancer.

I think you will find that Indian musicians (just like guitar players) tune their instruments to the voice range of the singer OR to the musical instruments in the group in general. I'm not sure when pitch pipes and other standardized tuning came into place, but it's been within the past 600 years and is not something that dates back thousands of years.

Disclaimer: I believed in these things too when I was in college. After seeing that the teachers and their disciples were no more successful at life/relationships/health/etc than the rest of us (and after running some experiments and doing some statistical analysis (I'm a scientist. I want proof, darnit!) I came to the conclusion that while these did make you feel good and gave you confidence (which changed your behavior) it was strictly a placebo effect type of situation.

(and having said that, there are times when a good placebo is EXACTLY what you need. When I'm miserable and sniffly with a cold, a hot toddy is perhaps not as effective as the Nyquil, but the goodole whiskey and honey and lemon makes me think I feel a lot better.)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
At any rate, DNA could in no way be "repaired" by an audio tone.

You have a wonderful set of truly amazing DNA repair enzymes. I mean, these things are friggin' MAGICAL. If you read up on them (with some modicum of understanding), you'll get that sense of gobsmacked wonder that makes you go "How in the # did that ever come to be?"

They're very complex. The repairs they do are insanely complex, and even then they don't get it right all the time, if data is lost and you can't extrapolate what the sequence ought to be...although they'll try.

But consider a 'beep' at some random audible frequency, I don't really care which. Why do you think that would even interact with DNA, much less perform some sort of repair? Remember the scale you're working at - each codon is down in the single digit nanometers (IIRC), and a 500Hz sound in air is about 0.7 METERS. There's only a 9 orders of magnitude mismatch there. It would be like trying to take the screw out of your glasses with a billboard. Only about 1000x worse.

And sound is nothing more than a compression wave...so you'd have to be able to "repair" DNA by just shaking it, very very gently. Not buying it, I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

i agree. a lot of the people who were claiming DNA repair with 528Hz went to "DNA activation" of a triple-helix (or more) and are now talking DNA "activation" on a strictly spiritual level...i think a lot of these claims are based on two factors, one being that the human body contains so much water, that if you can prove a tone affects water in a positive way, then that by default means it would affect YOU the same way, and two, they were made when people were just finding out what DNA was, and didn't have internet to fact-check.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Well i'm don't have any formal science training, but i did go to school for audio production and engineering, and music history, and i take a scientific approach to these things too. i've done my own cymatics experiments, i test my shungite water and compare it to tap, i use EMF detectors to test the effects of orgonite and crystals (and that helped me decide to throw out all my fluorescent lights)...and i'm buying more equipment all the time, getting a brainwave-reading headband to study the effects of binaurals, tones, and just meditation, i've seen the screenshots, but i want to see mine and others for real, and i'm buying a digital microscope to examine the effects of tones on cells. so yea, when people start talking about frequencies, i want to see proof!

Totally agree about the encoding, i can probably come up with an awesome cosmic scale based off your reply if i do enough math. Ugh, i hate math.

as far as Om and 432, actually there are ancient egyptian and greek instruments that are in A432. like horns, etc. can't really re-tune a flute. they are what they are. just listen to "Within You Without You" by the Beatles, and check the tuning. You'll find it's C#136.10, because it's a sitar, and the Beatles knew what was up anyway.

Totally agree about placebo, but actually i have seen a huge difference in my life since i changed my way of thinking, and using crystals, tones, yoga, meditation, etc, and my emotions are WAY more under control. I really believe that you get what you put out there, and in terms of spiritual science, as i call it, it's like any other "religion" or belief system, you just try to follow your heart and do what's right, even if you occasionally screw up, it's better than not trying at all, which only spirals you downward.

But i still want to see the graph.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

2. Sanskrit - OM is 136.10Hz

It does not make sense to ascribe a frequency, especially with a 0.01Hz precision, to a sound that is not, and cannot be, a sine wave, and which quite apparently exhibits a spectrum that varies in time. Most sounds that humans make can be analyzed and shown to have multiple frequency bands, typically at least two and for most vowels distinct three. You as an audio expert should know all of this, and somehow you don't. Have you worked with additive and FM synthesis? They have pretty good writeups on this in the instruction manuals for some of Yamaha synths, you don't even need a physics book.

So that OM = 136.10Hz is just bullcr@p on a very basic level. Peace be upon you.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well when we are talking about A432 vs A440, i can tell you that it puts C# right at 136.10, on paper or a calculator. I don't think all the ancient musicians were wrong, but i guess that's my opinion. I'm well aware that frequencies vary when played by instruments or sung (or as you said anything but a sine wave).
but i guess in your opinion it's just a coincidence that monks just start chanting at what is approximately 136.10Hz, just flat of our western tuning C#, which would be totally acceptably in tune if you played the same note on a properly tuned stradivarius? Or that my singing bowl only wavers from 544 to 546?
That's quite the coinkidinks, not to mention composers and musicians and governments have been arguing over what A is since the 1800's. Must be important for some reason, no?

top topics

join