It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will know the 2004 winner in a few hours! Redskins playing now~!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Since 1936 the Redskins last home game before the election has determined who will win the Presidential election. This year if the Redskins win it means that Bush will remain in office. If they lose, Kerry will be elected. The game is on now. Anyone care to predict who the winner will be?

Claim: The outcome of Washington Redskins home football games has correctly predicted the winner of every U.S. presidential election since 1936.

Example: [Collected on the Internet, 2004]

FOOTBALL + ELECTION

Did you know....??

The Washington Redskins have proved to be a time-tested election predictor. In the previous 15 elections, if the Washington Redskins have lost their last home game prior to the election, the incumbent party has lost the White House. When they have won, the incumbent has stayed in power.

This election year, that deciding game takes place on Sunday, October 31 ... vs. Green Bay.

www.snopes.com...

I am curious to see who wins this game and to see if the Nov. 2 election results are accurate again this year based on who wins todays game.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I keep flipping back and forth to the game.

As of 12:00 MST the Pack is up 10 to 0 over the Skins. The Pack is threatening to score again.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't have the game on so keep me posted! The polls I saw this morning had Bush and Kerry in a dead heat!

Jemison

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The Packers won which means Kerry is suppose to win the election. But this is the year of the Red Sox ending their curse. Hopefully this one will end also!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Since 1936 the Redskins last home game before the election has determined who will win the Presidential election. This year if the Redskins win it means that Bush will remain in office. If they lose, Kerry will be elected. The game is on now. Anyone care to predict who the winner will be?

After the Red Sox won the series, I would say that any such indicators are now suspect as the space time continuum attempts to correct itself. I fully expect the Redskins to lose, the Republican candidate not carry Ohio and still have Bush win the presidency. I am fairly certain there have already been reports of flying pigs and Satan in Walmart buying a winter coat.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Raphael - yes, and I've also heard reports about Dick Cheney singing "I Will Survive" in a karaoke club

new topics

top topics

join