It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question about chemtrails

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

use your imagination, or maybe you aren't aware of one?

So your saying that chemtrails are only imagined?

That is exactly the problem, chemtrails are an imagination and not a reality...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

You forget altitude and air pressure figures in for all your questions.
At sea level, water boils at 110°C/212°F and freezes at 0°C/32°F.
As you go higher, it gets colder. This is why really high mountains can have snow on them when it is warm down below. A child can figure this out. The question is why does this happen.
As you go higher, the air pressure also decreases. Air has weight, like everything else in the world; the higher you are the less air is sitting on you. This affects the temperatures of boiling as well; mountain climbers need to wait longer for hot water due to lack of air pressure because water boils at 149°F. The reverse is also true; think about a pressure cooker which cooks things faster due to pressure. A pressure cooker affects the temperature of water boiling by about +20°F.
Without knowing an altitude, to make a blanket statement like the one you seem to want is meaningless.
That you ask shows you don't know or understand this and therefore cannot understand the whole of the "chemtrail" story in relation to the knowledge everything shown is a contrail.
Beyond your belief system. Nothing can account for faith, but rarely does real faith matter in science.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by cyberpilot

below freezing..........is this your answer?

Yes, contrails form below freezing. They are ice crystals, like all cirrus clouds are.
You haven't been paying attention, have you? This is well known. Nothing at that pressure and temperature is going to be a liquid for more than a few milliseconds because it is so cold.
And when they disappear they are subliming, going from one state to another missing a step. Like dry ice does at room temperature.
It's like chemistry and physics 101. First day stuff that is assumed to be known because it is a constant.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by robhines

we don't talk about fight club.

Haha.. was better than an episode of Sparticus.

So much blood and wanton gore. Then @nned..

silly gladiator...

Not much else to say really, except it seems those who believe in chemtrails are leaving all common sense our now, instead of trying to work out a truth, they're manipulating their own versions of ignorance into disfigured and ugly truths. Doesn't make them true, it just means they feel validated when raging..

oh well, you can't educate dumb.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
By that definition cars and buses leave "chemtrails" and so do cows.

Those Bastards....

I knew it. Cows..

edit on 17-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I can see now how Game of Thrones magazine sales can confuse you.

Shame really, more absolute ignorance hidden behind fear mongering. And this fear of science? because it's evolving as it should, and not answering questions like the bible? Yes, science be damned. If a scientist says it, it must be wrong because BIG BOATS.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I continue to be amazed that people think a plane flying overhead is responsible for barium and aluminum (the most common element on earth) at ground level. And yet people drive past things like in these pictures every day, and don't bat an eye. Which makes more sense? Any increase in an element comes from 34000+ feet above your head? Or it comes from closer to the ground?

I drove past a Cargill plant that put out so much exhaust it blocked out the sun for 2-3 seconds as I drove under it. I went from a bright sunlit day, into darkness, and back into sun. And people still insist that the contrail left over your head is an evil thing.
edit on 3/17/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

And people still insist that the contrail left over your head is an evil thing.

That is one thing that totally boggles the mind..

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Read the thread title again,

and again, and again.

OK

How are we not talking about chemtrails?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

edit on 17-3-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Why are you talking about something you believe does not exist?

Aerial Geo Engineering is the correct term

Wow you are all the same, you want to pick on spelling, correct our words but use a word that represents something most people have trouble believe is happening.

Surely you don't think tthere is no such thing as Aerial Geo Engineering do you?

It is time to put your crowd on Notice.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I have yet to see a skeptic say that some form of geoengineering doesn't exist. We say that chemtrails don't exist, which is completely different. There is no evidence, beyond a lack of aviation knowledge, and some patents that chemtrails exist (and patents prove nothing, because almost anything can be patented).

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by robhines

we don't talk about fight club.

Haha.. was better than an episode of Sparticus.

So much blood and wanton gore. Then @nned..

silly gladiator...

Not much else to say really, except it seems those who believe in chemtrails are leaving all common sense our now, instead of trying to work out a truth, they're manipulating their own versions of ignorance into disfigured and ugly truths. Doesn't make them true, it just means they feel validated when raging..

oh well, you can't educate dumb.

Thanks for putting so well, right back at ya, not much else to say really, except it seems those who believe in contrails only are leaving all common sense out now, instead of trying to work out the truth (which most of the commoners in this thread know), they're manipulating their own versions of ignorance to disfigured and down play the ugly truth.

We need you to tell us or we will have to use our own minds and eyes, and ears

edit on 17-3-2013 by fireyaguns because: know

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Great video from today. It's a time lapse of air traffic around the world (only aircraft that use certain transponders, so this isn't even every airplane flying). Notice how much more traffic the US has than just about everyone else. How can you say that increased air travel is NOT playing a role in how many contrails we see, after seeing this? Or the FACET radar screen from just over the US?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3/17/2013 by Zaphod58 because: Derp moment and forgot to put the video link

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Com'on You realy believe that Bs about Chemtrails and patents?

You ARE not that niaeve. Why is it that a aerial geo engineering thread is always turned to a chemtrails don't exist thread????

Because they are two very different subjects. One is real and the other is not of corse until science finds some evidence then all the white jackets will be returned. I can just see it now, (IT WAS KEEP FROM THE PUBLIC FOR THE GOOD OF THE PUBLIC) as they do

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Because so many people that believe in chemtrails can't decide what they are for, so every thread ends up being whether they even exist.

I've seen so many patents for things that would never work, and for utterly ridiculous things, that a patent application proves nothing. And I've studied aircraft for so long, and have more knowledge about planes and aviation than your average person, that my experience tells me that what I've seen is nothing more than contrails.

Like I said, I've been on the road almost non-stop since July of last year (and the times I have stopped with the exception of four days, I've been outside every day). I've seen every kind of contrail pattern that a chemtrail believer points out as being "wrong", and not one of them has appeared to be anything but a contrail. I've used the Flightradar app to track planes that seemed odd to me (appearing to fly faster than they should have), only to find out they were ordinary commercial flights and the winds were either stronger (tail winds), or weaker (head winds) than normal for that time of year, so they picked up some speed and appeared to be going much faster than normal.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

You ARE not that niaeve. Why is it that a aerial geo engineering thread is always turned to a chemtrails don't exist thread????

You may want to check the title of this thread...

A serious question about chemtrails

Sorry but this thread is about chemtrails, and if you want to call it something different go ahead just remember that chemtrails are what some want to refer to as geoengineering.

So you can call them what you want, but that still doesn't prove chemtrails exist.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This is the most correct answer. Calculating the motion of background objects takes a whole mess of power.

Also, 10 years ago there were conferences on visualizing smoke via CGI for games and movies. Yes, just smoke.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

I have yet to see a skeptic say that some form of geoengineering doesn't exist. We say that chemtrails don't exist, which is completely different.

To be completely accurate - ther is no credible evidence supporting the existence of "chemtrails" - all the so-called evidence is bunk.

I guess it is possible that there is a fleet of invisible aircraft flying off invisible airfields that were manufactured invisibly by a company that no-one knows exists that is spreading some chemical in the air...those would be "chemtrails".....that no-one can detect and that have no detectable effect......but how would you know??

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Why is it that a aerial geo engineering thread is always turned to a chemtrails don't exist thread????

Er, dude, this IS a Chemtrail thread, IT IS IN THE TITLE.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join