It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Miracle-Gro Groables' TV Commercial......veges for your garden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Saw this ad the other day on TV and was caught off guard that now Scotts' now getting into home grown gardens.
And no, I'm not talking about pretty flowers to look at but edible foods.
Does Monsanto ring a bell?
And to assume that many people not in the know about Monsanto and products such as this, will buy this poison crap unsuspectingly is very scary......

Scott’s, the parent company of Miracle-Gro, is in bed with Monsanto and are the exclusive agent of Round-Up

Now here is the video ad promoting their newest product:

Yum......makes my tummy growl!!
[/sarcasm]

What say you, ATS......

------------------------

ETA: Be sure to catch the lady at the beginning saying that it's 'nice to know where your food comes from'.
Oh at the irony of that statement.....

edit on 28-2-2013 by snarky412 because: spelling.....grrrrrr

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is crap chemmy gardening. It is not much more difficult to plant heirloom seeds in organic soil for a fraction of the cost. DO NOT support this company; the 'irony is that growing your own healthy garden' with this product poisons you,the soil, and the water.

You are looking at products here from corporations that promote GMO, pesticides, and chemicals across the world, with great detriment to the environment. .
Take the power God gives us to grow your own food. Take that power away from companies like Scott's and Monsanto.

edit on 28-2-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

And the cost for what amounts to 18 seeds, chemical fertilizer, and some super nifty, wasteful packaging is $29.99?

Seriously?

You plant those few seeds (selected for you because you're too lazy to figure out what varieties YOU want) and "you know where all your food has come from?" No person who has ever gardened would ever fall for this. What they're counting on is the ones who never have, and whose idea of growing things doesn't go beyond putting little preformed cups in the ground and squirting water on them.

edit on 28-2-2013 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
This is crap chemmy gardening. It is not much more difficult to plant heirloom seeds in organic soil for a fraction of the cost. DO NOT support this company; the 'irony is that growing your own healthy garden' with this product poisons you,the soil, and the water.

You are looking at products here from corporations that promote GMO, pesticides, and chemicals across the world, with great detriment to the environment. .
Take the power God gives us to grow your own food. Take that power away from companies like Scott's and Monsanto.

edit on 28-2-2013 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

You know this and I know this but unfortunately there are many that don't and will think, "Oh my, look how neat this is honey, let's give it a try."
Not aware of any health effects later on down the road.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

Well said ! I grow tomatos, peppers, basil, parsley, cilantro, year after year by letting them go to seed and or nuturing the sprouts that come up from the compost.
I dont intentionally grow a garden. I just let the volunteers, as my mom calls them, grow and give them them some attention.
the mustard greens have been started from seed of last seasons crop for about 25 years now. The tomatos about 15 years now, cilantro a fairly new addition at 5 years, green peepers 6 years and the latest... Jalpenos at 2 years now.
My own little batch of "heritage" seeds so to say......

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

People are so gullible! Look, even if none of this was Monsanto related people need to understand that if you just go to the feed store you can still buy packets of seeds for usually 4-10 packs for $1, you have dirt in your yard already, and using your compost heap materials for fertilizer is also free of charge. With a little bit of elbow grease followed by minimal care you can grow several rows of vegetables for under $1. Why in the world would anyone want to pay $30 for one plant?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

People are so gullible! Look, even if none of this was Monsanto related people need to understand that if you just go to the feed store you can still buy packets of seeds for usually 4-10 packs for $1, you have dirt in your yard already, and using your compost heap materials for fertilizer is also free of charge. With a little bit of elbow grease followed by minimal care you can grow several rows of vegetables for under $1. Why in the world would anyone want to pay $30 for one plant?

What I wonder about being as it's put out by Scott's, is it organic/natural or chemical/synthetic?

Good fertilizer for grass & plants, yeah, but as for producing edible foods.........not sure. Too suspicious and unsure I guess.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Personally I have used it on a lot of my flowers but would never use it on anything edible, and wouldn't use it on anything that is near where I am growing something edible (I am talking opposite sides of the property). I do know some people that use it on their vegetables and they grow big, beautiful looking vegetables with it- but they don't seem to have as much flavor. I've never read the ingredients but my guess is that since Miracle Grow comes in bright blue granual form it's probably not natural, but I will investigate.

top topics

join