It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of Pope's Tweets Purged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

All of Pope

www.businessinsider.com

The Pope has officially retired, and has deleted all his tweets at his official @Pontifex Twitter account.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-2-2013 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What would be the motivation behind this? Can't they be recovered from the cache? Is it just to prevent confusion since the new Pope will be using the same account? Are they trying to purge the trail of evidence?

asd asd asd ads asd asd asd asd asd ad asd ad asd asd ad ad asd ad asdad asdasd asd asd adsa asd aasda ad ada asda ad asd a da d as

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

They are not deleted. They are archived, which is also written on the page you linked to:

The old tweets are being archived on the Vatican's website here

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
On T.V. They showed him leaving the vatican today in a helicopter, they said that he will return in a few months after they finish fixing up a place for him to stay at the vatican. That really surprised me, to me it sounds like they are going to hold him prisoner in the vatican so they can keep close tabs on him to make sure he doesn`t start running his mouth and spill the secret beans. He is going to be kept "locked" up in the vatican until he dies, that just sounds really strange.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen
reply to post by AtticusRye

They are not deleted. They are archived, which is also written on the page you linked to:

The old tweets are being archived on the Vatican's website here

That's not an exciting/mysterious enough of a response.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

asd asd asd ads asd asd asd asd asd ad asd ad asd asd ad ad asd ad asdad asdasd asd asd adsa asd aasda ad ada asda ad asd a da d as

seriously? someone deleting there tweets is breaking new? and it had to be posted so fast you put dsa dsa dsa in there lmao
edit on 28-2-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
On T.V. They showed him leaving the vatican today in a helicopter, they said that he will return in a few months after they finish fixing up a place for him to stay at the vatican. That really surprised me, to me it sounds like they are going to hold him prisoner in the vatican so they can keep close tabs on him to make sure he doesn`t start running his mouth and spill the secret beans. He is going to be kept "locked" up in the vatican until he dies, that just sounds really strange.

Odd. I wonder, say a pope resigned within the past 50 years ago, hypothetically. Would (for example) Paul VI have been kept in the vatican? My opinion would be no.

I guess in short what im trying to say is that he shouldnt be allowed to stay in Vatican City. If he retires then he should do what every other retiree does and live free in your native land. I dont think a pope should ever come back after retiring

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

On T.V. They showed him leaving the vatican today in a helicopter, they said that he will return in a few months after they finish fixing up a place for him to stay at the vatican.

That place is not for him, it's a monastery that is being repaired and where he is going to live the rest of his life (if he lives long enough to get there).

He is going to be kept "locked" up in the vatican until he dies, that just sounds really strange.

He is not in the Vatican now and it was him that said that he was going to retire to that monastery.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edgar806

Odd. I wonder, say a pope resigned within the past 50 years ago, hypothetically. Would (for example) Paul VI have been kept in the vatican? My opinion would be no.

I guess in short what im trying to say is that he shouldnt be allowed to stay in Vatican City. If he retires then he should do what every other retiree does and live free in your native land. I dont think a pope should ever come back after retiring

That`s what i was thinking, I assumed that he would want to go back to his native country and home town to live out the rest of his life near family and old friends. there`s no way to know for sure if he is voluntarily returning to live at the vatican or if he is being forced to, it just seems very odd to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

That`s what i was thinking, I assumed that he would want to go back to his native country and home town to live out the rest of his life near family and old friends.

Some people think that he is not going back to his home country to avoid the possibility of being the target of some legal action, as he is no longer a head of state.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It is up the each diocese to organise retirement for clerics - the diocese responsible for the Pope is the Diocese of Rome, which includes the Vatican, because he is the bishop of Rome - not Germany.

new topics

top topics

join