It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in the UK want to see a UFO..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Ok, I've posted here about my search been over as far as direct proof goes but i can put you all on to something that for me i cant explain.
Now before we start i have watched sats and the stars and planets for years so i think i know what i should be seeing in the night sky's...anyway

To cut out the nonsense and to cut the story short i'll just point you in the direction of a good few mysterious things i just cant put my finger on.
Not only have i seen things..ie..UFO's, not saying for one minute they are a Alien species from another dimension, But i continue to see them. for some reason it's either me drawn to my window or the fact that i'm a heavy smoker draws me to the window twenty times a night and more..(roll ups)..

here's the info....Look towards the north, not sure if it's magnetic north or the other one.. doesn't really matter as we are in the ball park area...from August we are talking around the 2200 hours mark in the constellation of the big dipper..between the stars Mizar, Megrez and dubhe...later on in the year the time you can watch comes down...right now it's around the 18:25 mark.
The reason the times seem important to me is that's it when i have seen them most...i have also seen them at other times but the patter i recall most is these times....i gave a clock next to my kitchen window facing North.

I dont need to go into detail here...just watch and report back what you see on a clear night.....
Maybe anyone from around the globe can see these things with the naked eye as i can as they stand out like a sore thumb....i dont have a clue about the effect of the earths rotation and how that would effect someone from say Brazil looking in the same area at the same time..

Remember the times as they for some reason seem important....18:20 to 25....to...22:00 to 30...Brilliant Flashes...some double flashes with the first being weaker than the second....am i tuned in or is it just a coincidence...i dont know...I'm sure they are not sats as they either move pretty damn slow or dont move at all... some times they just flare up to the point they leave a black spot in your retina...enjoy the ride.

forgot to say...the ones i have seen moving, move from north to South. Not south west or south east...Direct north to south...I know this because my living room window faces directly south and my Kitchen window...well you guessed it...North....:-)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's likely a flaring/flashing satellite catching the sunlight.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Yup.
Satellites.

Satellites Flare, and then as they fall into earth's shadow, they'll disappear.

Sorry to take the magical out of your forest, but, yeah, them's satellites.

There's people that will charge you lots of money to gout to their isolated countryside farmland to see these "UFOs" knowing well enough that they're just selling a lie to people to see manmade satellites do what satellites do.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Next time you see one you can check out www.heavens-above.com... to see if it is an Iridium satellite flare. Be sure to input your location and time zone before searching for iridium flare predictions.

If it isn't an Iridium satellite, you can search through predictions for other satellites on the same site.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

thanks for that...i'll keep an eye out tonight if it's clear enough for me to see them....

I know what you are all saying about Sats Flaring up as the sunlight catches them as they spin, i have seen those on many occasions, but that doesn't count for the ones that dont move....20 seconds in the same spot using 2 stars as a guide.....anyway, if they are sats they are still worth a look.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Here's a picture of the Big Dipper with the stars named:

A few questions for you:

Where abouts between Megrez, Dubhe, and Merak are you talking ?

Are the flashes really obvious to spot ?

Or do you need to pay close attention to see it ?

Are the flashes bigger than the stars are or are they smaller ?

What colour are these flashes ?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

There's people that will charge you lots of money to gout to their isolated countryside farmland to see these "UFOs" knowing well enough that they're just selling a lie to people to see manmade satellites do what satellites do.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I missed a trick there...Maybe my thread should have said...anyone in the uk want to see a UFO, £5, small kitchen, can only hold 4 at a time..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Here's a picture of the Big Dipper with the stars named:

A few questions for you:

Where abouts between Megrez, Dubhe, and Merak are you talking ?

Are the flashes really obvious to spot ?

Or do you need to pay close attention to see it ?

Are the flashes bigger than the stars are or are they smaller ?

What colour are these flashes ?

I'm only using The big Dipper as a guide to the right area....The one i saw that Flared up but stayed in the same spot for 20 seconds or so, well twice now in the same area was dead centre between Megrez and Dudhe..I saw both in August 3/4 week apart, that's what drew my attention to look in that area, well that and my kitchen faces North....The Flashes are really obvious to spot..i actually caught it in my peripheral vision as i was rolling a smoke....how bright are they.....Bright enough to leave a black spot in your retina for ten seconds or so....the moving double flash one i saw a few nights ago in the same area of sky
The Big dipper was more to the left of the object this time was moving North to south, roughly started at 40 degrees on the horizon slowly moving south...i didn't see a set pattern to the flashes...ie, it could have been a minute between one of the double flashes and two minutes between the next....lasted around 7 minutes in total....I moved to the south facing living room window to see if i could catch it as it passed overhead....got the Camera (phone) out and started recording, but i didn't see it again.. :-(

i f i had a decent camera i could catch these this things very easily....for now i'll go with what people are saying...Sats!!...though i have stayed here for seven years this is the first 12 months i've started to notice them.....Maybe the chinese have stuck a new sat up there..

edit on 1-3-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

ps...when i saw the one dead centre between Megrez and dubhe, i actually spoke aloud..."wow, the plow has a new star"....

edit on 1-3-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

doesnt the predictable bearing and regularity indicate that this is a more mundane event ?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

doesn't the predictable bearing and regularity indicate that this is a more mundane event ?

All i'm saying is have a look for these flying objects...nothing more, nothing less....they are Unidentified to me....I watch sats moving across the sky...i have even seen them flare up....these seem different...maybe just something i havn't seen before....doesn't matter....i'm just pointing out something in the night sky. take of it what you will..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I've observed and photographed these flashes on many occasions. If you know what you are doing and have a decent camera/lens, it's actually quite straightforward to identify them as I demonstrated in the following threads:

How to view, track, and identify satellites

Flashes and Star-like objects that move strangely in the sky explained

It turns out they are are a mixture of satellites and space junk glinting in the sunlight as previous relies to this thread have suggested.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm

I've observed and photographed these flashes on many occasions. If you know what you are doing and have a decent camera/lens, it's actually quite straightforward to identify them as I demonstrated in the following threads:

How to view, track, and identify satellites

Flashes and Star-like objects that move strangely in the sky explained

It turns out they are are a mixture of satellites and space junk glinting in the sunlight as previous relies to this thread have suggested.

Yeah, but still Unidentified and worth a watch....start watching that area now, i was wrong about the time as it's now getting lighter at 18:30....but between August and January you can see them quite clearly from 18:20 to around 10:30...possibly all night but i dont stay up that late..

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Have you tried focusing your attention on other parts of the sky? I'm sure you'll find that they occur pretty much all over the sky if you do. Of course some parts of sky are in Earth's shadow, so you won't see satellites there.

At this time of year, due to Earth's tilt, the Sun sinks much lower below the horizon than during the Summer months, so not long after it gets dark most of the sky is in Earth's shadow, which is why you are not seeing them now.

Also, depending on how far apart we are, the same flashes won't be visible, since they depend on having the right Sun-satellite-observer angle. You only need to go to heavens-above.com and try a few different "observing locations" with the Iridium satellite predictions to see how localized to a specific area flares (and flashes) are.

Likewise, depending on distance, if you see an object at orbital altitudes passing though Ursa Major, there's a good chance (if I am far enough away) that it will be in a different constellation altogether for me.

So it's not quite as easy as asking people to look for what you are seeing in a particular part of the sky, unless you can find someone very close to you.

I'd suggest getting the satellite tracking software I recommended in my threads and have it running along side you while you are observing the sky. You might have a chance of identifying the object causing the flash/flare then, but it will be much easier to do if you get a record of the flash/flare by photographing it. Timing (and accurate positioning with regard to reference stars) is crucial, and the easiest way to get good accuracy is with a DSLR.

If you want to try to give it a go, I'll be happy to help you find the right kit for the job or point you in the right direction if you are not sure about something.

new topics

top topics

join