It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This little girl is too darn adorable!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
i couldn't understand anything she said, her dad looks like he wishes he was dead.
poor girl, let her be a kid and then make her own choices when she's old enough.

this video is along way away from adorable.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I disagree 100%.

I am the pastor's granddaughter. I went to church 5x a week for many years at my gramp's church.. I do not believe for one minute that the effects were negative and it didn't stop me from going on to find my own path and make up my own mind.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

You couldn't understand her? I don't know how you couldn't. I made it all out rather easily. I thought her dad was sleeping. I agree he looked weird in the video but it's not about him. It's about her.

You may not think it's cute, but I do.

ETA: She is a kid and she can make up her own mind when she grows up.
edit on 1-3-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

What god do you believe in if any?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Sorry but you are taking this completely off-topic. I've had enough warnings about them lately. If you want to inquire to my personal faith, if you really don't know what it is, then you can U2U me.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

I disagree. Being raised with one faith or viewpoint does not mean you can't go out on your own when you get older and discover different things.

And it's not drivel. Why must you guys come on a nice and positive thread and start trash talking it and turning it so negative?!

I don't find it cute at all. It's sick and it's brainwashing, pure and simple. If you find it cute then I'll bet you'll find this 12 year old's indoctrination into the Taliban just as cute. I bet the parents are quite proud.

Go ahead, click on this gruesome link. It'll turn your stomach.

12 year old Taliban boy's first beheading.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

I think we all know what God you worship.

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by daryllyn

What god do you believe in if any?

I am also interested to know if daryllyn still carries her families religious tradition, or if she has rejected or veered away from some of the teachings.

I was raised Holy Roller, Assembly of God, Pentecostal and it took me decades to break the programming. As a matter of fact, I'm still working through the enormous destruction it created in my relationships.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah, a little girl praising Jesus is the same as the Taliban boy beheading someone.
Talk about a false equivalence. How many "Christian extremists" in America behead people?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

I respect the fact you find it adorable, I truly do ...

but you can't bring something on a forum designed for discussion, add to the fact one that's motto is to 'deny ignorance' ... with a lot of people feeling it is ignorance, even though you do not, and tell them to just be silent and not be involved in the discussion.

I understand that if you are a person of faith, you find children exhibiting what you feel is faith to be inspiring.

To others, seeing very young children doing this, they feel it is similar to teaching a kindergartener the pledge ... they don't truly understand the meaning of what they are saying or doing. It is more words and mimic than anything else. I believe children are very intelligent, but I think besides rare cases, or true intellectual probing and discussion; very young children don't really grasp the core concepts of the religion of their parents. They go with them to church, because it is an activity. They participate in the rituals of hymns, sunday school, youth groups, but don't really focus on the content, but the activity and social aspect.

I find that as far as social circles go, letting your children play with other, usually sheltered children is pretty healthy for them. You can count on a good portion of them being more passive ... better than the boys and girls clubs; if I take from my youthful memories in a normal american city of about 50k. There is a sense of innocence and purity from the church youth, opposed to the more hardened youth that seemed to frequent the non-religious youth communities.

I think though, at that young of an age, they don't have critical thinking; especially towards adults. They tend to take things more at face value; you say something, especially as a parent or teacher, or someone your parents show respect to; they will just accept without much doubt, even if they are inquisitive. Just like kids believe in easter bunnies and santa claus.

The best example I can give, that both religious and non-religious people are afraid of when kids are involved ... and an example of indoctrination is this movie:
Jesus Camp

The poster above who linked a gruesome video of an extremist version of a different religion, was in poor taste and over the top imo.

If you haven't watched Jesus Camp, you should. It will help you understand where a lot of the people who are disagreeing with your assertion that this is just a cute video are coming from.

From my position, if my daughter chooses to be Christian, Buddhist, whatever ... as long as she is happy, peaceful, and caring ... I'm fine with it ... but I will NOT let anyone try to manipulate, emotionally abuse, or anything close to what some of these religious extremists do to these children ... A lawsuit would be a given. As far as I'm concerned, what is in that movie is pure child abuse on an emotional level; it is sickening.

Would you find it adorable if she was saying the same prayer, but in a pirate's outfit and reciting it to the flying spaghetti monster? Because honestly, it should ... if it is the message alone that is heartwarming, then it doesn't matter what deity it would be to.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Well said. Star for you! I find the brooding authority father, pretending to be asleep an awful aspect. I shudder to think what would happen if that cute child repeated something from TV or a playmate to the effect that Jesus is a hybrid alien. I shudder at the thought of the violence that could be directed towards her.

Uplifting? No! A child in danger? Quite possibly!

P

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Now her parents are abusive to her? Where do you guys come up with this nonsense?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Now her parents are abusive to her? Where do you guys come up with this nonsense?

I did not say the parents are abusive, I said the possibility exists in this home as in most homes where religious fanatics live. I get my point of view for this thread from my childhood!

I have experienced the repercussions of an innocent remark by an innocent child simply parroting or even having the nerve to ask an innocent question.

You sir, with respect, have a closed mind. Try opening it a little!

P

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Your experience does not mean that her experience would be the same. You are just stereotyping believers. And I'm the closed-minded one? Riiiiight.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Yeah, a little girl praising Jesus is the same as the Taliban boy beheading someone.
Talk about a false equivalence. How many "Christian extremists" in America behead people?

There's no difference! It's brainwashing of children. If you support one religion then you support them ALL, or else your religion can be taken away from you. How can you possibly claim that your religion and your religious ways are better the anyone else's?

That boy is proud of what he's done. Allah loves him for it.
Just as the man that was beaten bloody and spiked to a crucifix loves the little girl.

And both premises are SICK!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

There's no difference! It's brainwashing of children. If you support one religion then you support them ALL, or else your religion can be taken away from you.

No, it's not the same. Praising Jesus and beheading someone is not the same at all. And it's not true that if you support one you support them all. But hey don't let your religious bigotry get in the way of facts.

How can you possibly claim that your religion and your religious ways are better the anyone else's?

Strawman. I didn't.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

There's no difference! It's brainwashing of children. If you support one religion then you support them ALL, or else your religion can be taken away from you.

No, it's not the same. Praising Jesus and beheading someone is not the same at all.

You keep believing that. The Islamic nation is spreading. Maybe fifty years from now they will be a majority in all civilized societies. And when they come to wipe out Christianity, if you were in that time period, would you kill for your Jesus or would you let all Christians be slaughtered? Yeah! Let's all kill each other in the name of god.
edit on 3/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

You have religion and God confused.

They have NOTHING in common.

This thread has nothing to do with Religion.

This video explains this better than I can:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That little girl was emulating a preacher. She was imitating what she has heard and seen at church, while her mother was egging her on, pretending to be the chorus.

You can't tell me the rhetoric that little child was spewing didn't have anything to do with religion!

What does a little child of that age know of death? Yet she's going on saying that Jesus died for our sins and rose after 3 days! Hallelujah!

She was saying that God and Jesus can do anything. She is going to be sorely disappointed the day she finds out that God and Jesus don't answer prayers, and people don't come back to life.
edit on 1-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Murgatroid

the day she finds out that God and Jesus don't answer prayers, and people don't come back to life.

I don't know there may be more to it than you think, and even if she didn't really know the what and why of what she was saying, it could still be right, that prayers are heard and answered and that people come back to life, and in more ways than one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join