It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This little girl is too darn adorable!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I think that the 1:48 mark on the second video is SO ironic! "The devil goes after the young", no kidding right?

If only she knew what SHE was doing.

edit on 1-3-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

many thought these youths cute when they did their salute!

Unearthed: Appeaser Neville Chamberlain praised Hitler Youth

New evidence of just how far former British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain had fallen for Germany's Adolf Hitler has been unearthed in a 1938 letter written to the German Youth Movement praising their leadership and symbolism.

"All the hopes of Germany are set upon you; to your care is committed your national heritage and traditions, your national honour and your national prosperity. All this is entrusted to you for safe keeping, and I am confident that you will prove worthy of the trust," Chamberlain wrote on 10 Downing Street, Whitehall stationery.

Yes we raise them to follow our lead and many find it cute when they believe the same even if clearly extreme. But it is the right thing to do? What if you are wrong in your thinking, can't there be a teaching without extremes?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Haters are going to hate and lovers are going to love.

When you are lit up with love for the Lord the world looks at you like your are weird. They think you are a Jesus Freak. They tell you that you are taking this Jesus stuff way too seriously. Well, Jesus was always serious when He spoke and He was serious about dying on the cross for our salvation. This little girl has found the better portion thanks to her parents. She considers heaven to be like home, must be a wonderful home for her.

I think about what it must be like to grow up in Heaven and I can only imagine that they are like little Hannah, crazy excited about God.

Maybe as a child you had Batman, Barbie or Ninja Turtles. She's got the real thing.

Honestly at her age? You do know she is simply parroting right? She is looking for Moms approval and I would bet the approval of a church where they roll on the floor speaking in "tongues'.

edit on 1-3-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
This video shows an example of faith. The faith of this child could work miracles. But it is sad seeing another thread start to turn into another "God is evil" tangent, in which the necessary posters are present.

Look at your lives and ask yourselves, are you truly happy in what you believe?

Do you really feel like you belong to what you can call home? or is this hell home for you?

The joy and peace of this child surpasses all of our intelligence, wits, and beliefs yet there are some who are so hateful that they would like only to increase their hatred and their incredulous thoughts.

I say that you have been brainwashed by the world o people, so much so that you do not remember where Home is.
edit on 093131p://555 by backcase because: (no reason given)

faith /fāTH/ Noun Complete trust or confidence in someone or something. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

www.google.com...

I don't think a child that age copying what her parents shout is "faith".

One thing everyone neglects to observe, if you have seen children raised this way and I have, they are anything but "happy". They are usually very very unhappy children and they go to school and call other kids "sinners'.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Why must you guys come on a nice and positive thread and start trash talking it and turning it so negative?!

I know, right? Unbelievable. Christianity is all about love and forgiveness and joy and burning people in fiery pits and gnashing of teeth and wailing in agony. Some people are so negative, aren't they?

Sarcasm duly noted. That being said, the modern institution known as Christianity may not be about that stuff, but the Scriptures are. Jesus' message was.

I mean really, what's not to love about child abuse and the corruption of innocents? I think it's adorable.
edit on 1-3-2013 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

This is not child abuse nor corruption.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I think she knows exactly what she is saying. Heck she sounds more intelligent and well-spoken than many adults. Her prayer is beautiful. She's clearly anointed.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Not true. I don't know what "Christian" parents you are around. I suggest getting out and trying to meet more and more of them.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That's not a Christian child. That's a Muslim child. Their doctrine is way different from ours.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigJedi
Christians think this is cute?...BUT what do they say when the hear a 5 year old child praising Allah and resiting the Koran the same way? OH NO! That's different! That's evil brain washing!....

Maybe for some. I wouldn't object to a video of what you describe and I wouldn't call it brainwashing unless they were pounding the violent verses of the Quran into the kids' minds. So this is definitely a false equivalence and a stereotype of Christians.

I have no problem with a video of a child reciting the Quran. I just wouldn't be as moved by it as a child praying to the Most High because it's not my beliefs.

I know you are "just saying" but what you are "just saying" is incorrect.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Comparing faith in Jesus to hailing Hitler? Wow. Godwin's Law strikes again.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

NO comparing indoctrination techniques and showing that with any strong belief the persons involved find their children "cute" when they copy.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sarcasm duly noted. That being said, the modern institution known as Christianity may not be about that stuff, but the Scriptures are. Jesus' message was.

If you decide to ignore the entire Old Testament and any mentions of Hell for unbelievers, sure, but then you're just cherry-picking.

This is not child abuse nor corruption.

Why would I expect you to see it? You're a fellow brainwashee.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Not true. I don't know what "Christian" parents you are around. I suggest getting out and trying to meet more and more of them.

Let me rephrase. Christian parents teach their children the Bible, and the Bible teaches blind faith and a non-questioning attitude as a virtue. By extension, this is precisely what Christian parents teach, otherwise they're not really Christians.

Here is the Bible's view on questioning:

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind." - James 1:6

"But whoever has doubts is condemned if he eats, because the eating is not from faith. For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin." - Romans 14:23

So...be a good little Christian soldier and just have faith, do what your book says, and teach your kids likewise - everything will be just fine.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

That's not a Christian child. That's a Muslim child. Their doctrine is way different from ours.

Not so different as you think, certainly not when seen by a person free from religion.

There are far more similarities than differences in your religions. I am sure a Muslim looks at the video in the OP with the same disgust as you look at the video of the future-terrorist in the making there.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

If you decide to ignore the entire Old Testament and any mentions of Hell for unbelievers, sure, but then you're just cherry-picking

I do not ignore the Hebrew Testament. But I also understand the overall Biblical narrative from beginning to end. So I'm not the one who is cherry-picking.

Why would I expect you to see it? You're a fellow brainwashee.

Ad hominem. Personal insults? Congrats. I'll be ignoring you from here forward. You obviously cannot discuss this like a mature adult and with respect.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Actually their doctrines are a lot different. I don't care what you are "free" from.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

But the process they use in order for people to believe their doctrine is the same, namely child indoctrination. You can get a child to believe whatever you want them to if you start drilling it into their heads at an early age.

If you think Muslims have been brainwashed (I'm assuming here), then what makes you think this little girl or yourself hasn't? Same process, different flavor.
edit on 1-3-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ad hominem. Personal insults? Congrats. I'll be ignoring you from here forward. You obviously cannot discuss this like a mature adult and with respect.

You're surely aware that I consider you someone who has been brainwashed by religion? I mean, my other posts in the thread make that abundantly clear.

That being the case, I'm not expecting you to see things the way I do. Not meant as an insult, just a fact from my perspective. That probably makes debate impossible, but debate between atheists and hard-core Christians is always fruitless.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The core doctrines differ, of course, but religion is religion - the methods employed are largely the same.

Answer me this. If God is real, why do we need organized religion? Why do we even need a religious text? Surely every person would experience the truth of God for himself. Why would we need or even want to teach our children about God, when he is supposed to be with us at all times?

Seems all wrong to me. If God is real, religion must be the worst way to find him, and indoctrination the best way to find the wrong "God".

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You know many Christians would not find the video a good thing either, many would not approve of this method.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join