It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This little girl is too darn adorable!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Watch this video of this little girl professing Christ and getting her praise on! Too darn adorable! There's no way this can't lift up your spirits.

ETA: If you are anti-religion or anti-Christianity then please don't even bother responding. This is supposed to be a positive thread. We don't need people coming here and trash talking faith or Christianity and turning it negative.
edit on 28-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: Embedded version of video added

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Poor kid being subjected to mental programming at such a young age.

P

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

This is sad. She probably doesn't even know anything about Jesus other than what she has been told.

What's even sadder is that she'll never get the chance to find her own answers, instead she gets this drivel pumped into her head.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I disagree. Being raised with one faith or viewpoint does not mean you can't go out on your own when you get older and discover different things.

And it's not drivel. Why must you guys come on a nice and positive thread and start trash talking it and turning it so negative?!

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Whether it's positive or negative is based on what perspective you're coming from. If you believe the bible and are Christian then you'll probably see it as good, but if you see religion for what it is, it's extremely sad.

It's called indoctrination, and this little girl probably doesn't even understand what she's talking about. She's probably just parroting what she's been told in order to make her parents happy.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well considering that I titled it "adorable" it's clear that I posted it as a positive thing for people to view. If you don't think it is then go elsewhere. Stop trying to bring down a positive post. Seriously. It's really annoying when people do that!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is a similar video and one of the most powerful prayers I have EVER heard BTW...

Our hearts need to be like these children!

People CRITICIZE and say how can they brainwash kids like this when these kids are putting a lot of us Christians to shame in conviction and their radical cry for the LORD.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein. ~ Luke 18:17

Link to MP3 (look for "A new generation of children in America")
www.fireonthealtar.com...

Backup links:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

(Or search for: A New Generation of Praying Children)

edit on 28-2-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh thanks, Murgatroid! I was trying to find it on YouTube to embed it but couldn't. I'll add this to the OP

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Being raised with one faith or viewpoint does not mean you can't go out on your own when you get older and discover different things.

True. It doesn't mean that it 'can't happen, but it does make it much less likely that a person will change their opinion, and question the so-called 'truth' that they have been spoon-fed since birth.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

So we don't raise our children with any of our personal viewpoints? That's absolutely absurd. Now I'm done letting this thread derail off topic any longer.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Now I'm done letting this thread derail off topic any longer.
lol. Then why the Hell did you just ask me this↓ completely random question?

So we don't raise our children with any of our personal viewpoints?

Raise them however you want. I don't care how you do it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Then why the Hell did you just ask me this↓ completely random question?

It wasn't completely random. If anything it was hypothetical.

You said, "but it does make it much less likely that a person will change their opinion, and question the so-called 'truth' that they have been spoon-fed since birth."

Therefore you are saying that we shouldn't raise our kids with any of our personal views. Since raising them with any views whatsoever will make it hard for them to "change their opinion."

But no that's probably not what you meant. You probably just meant religion or Christianity. If someone was raising their kid atheist I doubt you'd have an issue.

It's really pathetic that people are trying to turn a cute video about a little girl praying into some anti-religion agenda

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It is cute, and kids do parrot just about everything that they say, but...

Kids should be kids, not evangelical gospel preachers. Some of those pics of kids in the second video looked disturbed. These kinds of things being drilled into kids head at such and early stage is akin to wrapping them up in elbow pads and helmets. Once they find themselves exposed to the real world, they are defenseless, because of the sheltering that their well meaning parents forced on them.

Kids should be kids, let them find their own confidence and balance, then when they come to you with questions, give them the wisdom and answers that you have gleamed from experience.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli

It is cute, and kids do parrot just about everything that they say, but...

Kids should be kids, not evangelical gospel preachers. Some of those pics of kids in the second video looked disturbed. These kinds of things being drilled into kids head at such and early stage is akin to wrapping them up in elbow pads and helmets. Once they find themselves exposed to the real world, they are defenseless, because of the sheltering that their well meaning parents forced on them.

Kids should be kids, let them find their own confidence and balance, then when they come to you with questions, give them the wisdom and answers that you have gleamed from experience.

I would give you ten stars if I could.

There is a vast difference between teaching you children the values you wish them to know and this evangelical gospel programming. I feel sorry for this little girl. As an adult she will either reject her faith, which is unfortunate or she will become a right wing 'hate all other religions and every one else goes to hell.'

This is an example of programming. I find it disturbing and it saddens me greatly. It is anything but uplifting.

P

edit on 28/2/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
As an adult she will either reject her faith, which is unfortunate or she will become a right wing 'hate all other religions and every one else goes to hell.'

False dichotomy. There are definitely more than two options.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yes there are, we can only hope that the innocent child may, against all odds, find a middle ground.

This video screams at my empathy. A child being programmed, a child wanting and needing approval and I see a brooding father, the authority figure waiting for a wrong answer.

Perhaps I am wrong, but the video makes me want to weep.

P

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this, I wasn't able to watch the video, but I did read all of the comments and I'm so glad that Jesus is very much real.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. That made day.
As for all that don't like this and make pronouncements of brainwashing, I pity you.
Maybe you are the brainwashed ones.

A little girl that knows and loves her God is priceless.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Brainwashing is what it is, but of course a hypocritical Christian would approve of such. So much for free-will when people are being brainwashed into the religion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join