It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Radiation Belt Surrounding Earth Discovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
And also. Does anyone remember nasa launching a satellite that detected energy connecting the earth to the sun?
I'm trying to find that link and I dont' see it anywhere.

The most important points from your source:

Specifically where the Earth and the Sun's magnetic fields connect and where the unexplained portals are formed.

While Scudder and his team at the University if Iowa are unclear as to what the portals are yet, they have observed charged particles flowing through them, causing electro-magnetic phenomemon in the Earth's atmosphere.

'Magnetic portals are invisible, unstable and elusive. They open and close without warning and there are no signposts to guide us in,' said Scudder. Some of the portals are miniscule and disappear almost instantly, while some are large and fairly stable.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
science.nasa.gov... this maybe a good explaination for the "third belt". As for the sun portal I think that is a different study that was disscused a year ago www.nasa.gov...
edit on 2/28/2013 by astra001uk because: GRAMMER

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Does it give any good explanation for how long the rad/ring had been there, before disappearing? Is this radiation really dangerous for humans (I think most, if not all radiation is dangerous to humans)? How powerful was the radiation, compared to other dangerous radiation?

There is probably nothing to this, but if the radiation had enough power to cause health problems for any person passing through it - and it has been there for the past few decades - wouldn't this cause some problems for the Nasa, 'Man on the Moon', missions and other occupied space voyages?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
Does it give any good explanation for how long the rad/ring had been there, before disappearing? Is this radiation really dangerous for humans (I think most, if not all radiation is dangerous to humans)? How powerful was the radiation, compared to other dangerous radiation?

There is probably nothing to this, but if the radiation had enough power to cause health problems for any person passing through it - and it has been there for the past few decades - wouldn't this cause some problems for the Nasa, 'Man on the Moon', missions and other occupied space voyages?

The article said it lasted about four weeks. Perhaps this is perfectly normal and we just have never observed it before. It will be interesting to see if there ends up being some kind of pattern where this appears /disappears on somewhat consistent basis and what causes it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join