It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Forcing Women ‘To Stay in Their Homes With Their Abuser’ Because of Sequester

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
That is pretty sneaky of Obama and the democrats. I saw video of them two years ago saying they need these cuts. Then they turn around a few months ahead of the cuts and say if the Republicans don't increase taxes again, it's all their fault. Then Obama quietly signs the spending cuts into law.

I wonder how many more spending cuts/tax increases he can blame on someone else?
The buck doesn't stop at the white house, it goes there and there and there. It is always someone else's fault with Obama.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

They have lost credibility now.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday ....Armageddon Narrative! Thursday "Oh, nevermind."

Obama "Sequester was not my idea."

Bob Woodward " Oh, yes it was!"

Plan B: Admit Bob Woodward is right then wish he was dead???

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wait, I did not really grasp what exactly you are arguing here. It could be argued that cutting programs for women who are subject to domestic violence could literally be forcing them to stay with their abuser. Is there some aspect of this statement that you disagree with? I do not like the word "forcing," but if the person truly has nowhere else to go, which is often the case in situations like this, and if the federal programs offer these victims some means of escape, then cutting these programs, even to a small degree, will mean that more people will suffer domestic violence than they would if the programs and funding had not been cut.

Part of the problem, with just about all issues, is that too many people make up their minds and take sides based on partisanship, instead of on the issues. I am not saying you are doing this OP, just to clarify. I just wish we could strip away the political aspect of all the issues before coming to a conclusion about them, as this would force more people to think logically, instead of acting/reacting based on partisan lines.

But anyway, I was serious in that I did not understand exactly what you were saying. If you could just lay out your argument in a sentence or two, I would appreciate it. I mainly want to know what part you disagree with. I may disagree with it to, but I would like to lay it out and look at it from a logical point of view before making and judgements.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Is there anything the libtards wont say to put the blame on republicans.

They own the senate and the presidency but still cant pass a budget?

I'm mean really? Why are people still voting for these clowns?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You would have to ask the representative who said it.....

As pointed out, there are plenty of well funded private resources for women (and men) to go to and even if the Government shut down their hotline, they would have a viable outlet to reach out to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join