It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your WiFi SSID name?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I have (on occasion) come across some pretty funny and even convincing WiFi SSID names in my day. So for fun, I figured I would see if any ATS'ers have their own funny names for their wireless routers. I change mine periodically and currently have it set to this:

(sometimes I change Surveillance to Armed... haha)

There are a number of websites that have collected various interesting SSID names that people have made, some aren't T&C friendly but there are quite a few that are pretty funny and original...

Just look at this Google Search and you'll see what I mean: Funny WiFi Names

Here is a website where they actually vote on the best ones (subjective as that may be however
I've seen better) with over a hundred pages of different WiFi names.

Funny WiFi Wireless Network Names

A collection of creative, crazy and funny WiFi wireless network names others have found by viewing available wireless networks in their area.

There are a handful of other sites that have compiled their favorites so I figured why not ATS.

This one has always been a pretty funny one to me...if you live in an apartment (flat for you UK'ers).

A good place to look for possible funny WiFi names as well is on your phone. Look at the WiFi names that have been stored as you've traversed day to day.

So how about it ATS, what is your SSID name?

Note:

For those unfamiliar with what their SSID is or how to go about changing it, please familiarize yourself with the process before attempting to rename your SSID.

Google Search: How to change my Network SSID (you can add your particular router at the end of that to get more precise results
)
edit on 2/28/2013 by UberL33t because: typos

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I named mine NSA Surveillance Van. Some friends came to stay with me and Obama was here in Hawaii at the time. They thought it was actually the NSA and I had them going for a day before I told them it was mine. Pretty funny

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I have read some very funny SSID names, I like yours as well!
Mine isn't funny, however, one of my favorites I read in a thread here on ATS is..
"PrettyFlyForAWifi" haha

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Haha...yeah that is a good one...I saw another called Wi Believe I Can Fi

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't know about those kinds of names guys...

I know that impersonating a law enforcement official is against the law. Representing your wifi as some kind of official government hot spot might not be the best idea...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So many people do it now that it now that it's not surprising anymore. At least 3 SSID's in my apartment complex are named things like "NSA Surveillance" or similar names.

If you think about it, it only helps the government. If they actually had a van in the area, nobody would believe their wifi name.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have a friend that calls his "WI-FE"... he is a single guy, but as an IT professional he does a lot of work from home... being "married" to his job, it sure is appropriate

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191

I have read some very funny SSID names, I like yours as well!
Mine isn't funny, however, one of my favorites I read in a thread here on ATS is..
"PrettyFlyForAWifi" haha

That is awesome

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

But there is no such thing as a DHS Urban UAV used for Surveillance

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
CI5-Bodie will probably work more for older uk residents but generally i just rename mine every now again with a meme if i decide to switch it on as i generally use wired only links

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I stole one I saw on the internet.

"Allyourbandwidtharebelongtous"

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
My personal favorite:

"Wifi gone. I left it unlocked."

I should get some credit for that one. So many places I could have gone, but thankfully, I'm not as politically incorrect with my jokes as some of these clowns...you know who you are...

edit on 28-2-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I guess none of my neighbours have any imagination, I can't find any funnies in the area

Here's the list from the last ATS annual get together though

and one of my favourits

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The ATS get together list, is sort of the direction I expect(ed) this thread to go in LoL!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
my neighbors have

jesus_loves_you!

I change mine periodically to something to mess with them or anyone else paying attention.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I call mine "BlackSurveillanceVan".

Good times.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Mine is : SkyNet

Beware........

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Tenth

The best part is- I get that!

We never have anything interesting, but I bet I could get my dad to change it to something funny.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

well when I first got my laptop, I was getting the wireless connection set up and I found one labelled white power, im not sure which neighbor that one belonged to, though I never saw it again after that

new topics

top topics

join