It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valve and TPTB control over the video game Industry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was originally going to post this on vigilant citizen but they shut down their forums permanently!

I usually don't make these kind of threads, but since I googled this and I couldn't find anything on it I had to make a thread about it. (Impulsive, I know)

Well anyway, here it goes. I was playing Dota 2 recently and I began to notice the opening video every time I played.

Here it is:

Notice how one of his eyes flickers?

OMG ILLUMINATI NEW WORLD ORDER SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING LADY GAGA

Now hold the phone for a moment. Before we go into that stuff, answer me this.

If TPTB control the music and movie industry, what's to say they don't have control over the video game industry?

Does anyone else think games like "Medal of Honor War fighter" and the recent call of duty games are more or less propaganda? Not only do they have another way of infiltrating your mind with propaganda, they keep you distracted from real issues. (and video games can be incredibly addictive, I know first hand)

Well anyway, this is all up to debate. I'm sure most of you will dismiss this entirely because the whole "one eye" thing and TPTB having control over the entertainment industry.

If your interested in any of this, read this:

vigilantcitizen.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think the recent games like MOH and COD are playing on society's infatuation with warfare and combat. The game companies are in the money making business and kids want shooter games. So..they make them and make the highest quality shooter games their game writers can manage.

Nothing conspiracy based there, IMO. ...and the Valve Guy dates back to Half Life days. Nothing new with him either, altho always a bit of an odd duck to use as a mascot of sorts, I agree. lol....

Want to see REAL propaganda? We need not look too far. The U.S. Military absolutely DOES produce game based propaganda and indoctrination.

(Source: America's Army)

Now there is a top quality game where profit isn't the point. It's 100% free to download and play while being developed by tax dollar money by way of Congressional allotment for the purpose. The whole reason for that game's existence is Army public relations and a recruiting tool. I just don't blame companies like Valve.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

If anything I think Valve goes against pretty mainstream policy when it comes to making games that are specifically targeted towards crappy things the government does.

I mean ok I can vaguely see a point in what you are saying but Valve in my mind keeps the public aware of possibilities of the future, even if they aren't necessarily "good mood" possibilities.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The new thing about the valve guy is the opening video. I've never seen him turn his head before.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Yeah I tend to think Valve is sort of "independent" as well but companies like this have been infiltrated before. Who know's I just thought the new opening video was creepy as hell, and of course, the one eye.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
I was originally going to post this on vigilant citizen but they shut down their forums permanently!

I usually don't make these kind of threads, but since I googled this and I couldn't find anything on it I had to make a thread about it. (Impulsive, I know)

Well anyway, here it goes. I was playing Dota 2 recently and I began to notice the opening video every time I played.

Here it is:

Notice how one of his eyes flickers?

OMG ILLUMINATI NEW WORLD ORDER SUBLIMINAL MESSAGING LADY GAGA

Now hold the phone for a moment. Before we go into that stuff, answer me this.

If TPTB control the music and movie industry, what's to say they don't have control over the video game industry?

Does anyone else think games like "Medal of Honor War fighter" and the recent call of duty games are more or less propaganda? Not only do they have another way of infiltrating your mind with propaganda, they keep you distracted from real issues. (and video games can be incredibly addictive, I know first hand)

Well anyway, this is all up to debate. I'm sure most of you will dismiss this entirely because the whole "one eye" thing and TPTB having control over the entertainment industry.

If your interested in any of this, read this:

vigilantcitizen.com...

The one hole in your theory is the game "Half-Life" which is one of Valves signature games. The plot of the game revolves around following a scientist named "Freeman" who fights a ghastly looking corporate-techno-fascist alien species that invades Earth. There is quite a bit of military-type fighting in the game, but basically the message of the game to its younger players would be to resist any type of moder-day tyranny by force or by smarts. So, why they would put this type of game out if they were trying to brainwash the masses is beyond me. Seems contradictory to their cause. But who knows, maybe you are on to something--all the other games seem to have similar themes of "kill the bad guy for your homeland". I think it just sells well, so the gaming industry keeps making them. Sort of like a corporate-public-media feedback loop (which has its dangers, as well)
edit on 28-2-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ForwardDrift

I agree with most of you said, BUT half life was made years ago, to say valve couldn't have been "bought out" or infiltrated is sort turning a blind eye.

Also, why haven't they released episode 3 yet? I guess TPTB really don't like the general message of half-life?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I agree with most of you said, BUT half life was made years ago, to say valve couldn't have been "bought out" or infiltrated is sort turning a blind eye.

Also, why haven't they released episode 3 yet? I guess TPTB really don't like the general message of half-life?

Good point. I thought half-life 3 was just having production issues? However, I will say this--most of the games being put out do seem to indirectly or directly benefit the military-industrial complex or some form of security-related industry.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Recently taken over?
No...if your gonna suggest that anyone promoting a single eye is somehow TPTB (whatever that is), then it has always been a part of valve

The fathead guy is the latest thing..before, it was that guy.

As far as the whole tptb took over gaming..well, frankly, if they have..then more power to em..just don't screw up mass effect and I am fine with em.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForwardDrift
The one hole in your theory is the game "Half-Life" which is one of Valves signature games. The plot of the game revolves around following a scientist named "Freeman" who fights a ghastly looking corporate-techno-fascist alien species that invades Earth.

Where better to keep inherently free people than satisfied pretending to be "Freemen"?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

The one hole in your theory is the game "Half-Life" which is one of Valves signature games. The plot of the game revolves around following a scientist named "Freeman" who fights a ghastly looking corporate-techno-fascist alien species that invades Earth.

Where better to keep inherently free people than satisfied pretending to be "Freemen"?

So sad yet so possibly true. Funny enough, in the game the "Freemen" character was being hired out by a inter dimensional G-man (no kidding--he actually was in the game).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
"Open your mind. Open your eyes." was the original meaning behind 'Valveman'.

I believe that that still holds true to Valve today; it's just a visual way to show their ideology.

If you want to talk about video game companies and the illuminati, I'd look at the larger companies that are pumping the most games into the masses such as Activision or Blizzard.

Also, Gabe, if you're reading this...please give me my HL3.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Well I dont know if your just talking about Valve being controlled by Illuminati or NWO, But this nothing new with video games and Globalist NWO ties. Ever hear of Metal Gear ?? pretty much all entries of Metal Gear will have some NWO mention or just something to do with it. Not saying that Hideo has any tie to the Globalist. But it is prety crazy the corralations he has made and what has come to pass so far in current events.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

So sad yet so possibly true. Funny enough, in the game the "Freemen" character was being hired out by a inter dimensional G-man (no kidding--he actually was in the game).

Oh I've played them all... and have contemplated.

The same slick deep pockets that reach deeply into movies and music definitely reach into games... and have a big influence on what will get made, what it will prioritize, etc. Dunno about Valve itself but it doesn't take a lot to see the same fingers poking around all over in gaming too.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Because they're Valve and Valve works on their own apparent time. Valve's organizational structure is almost entirely flat which means that there is no specific individual, believe it or not, that is controlling the shots within the corporation. It's kind of like Google in that aspect where an employee may get an idea for a game and whoever wants to work on it will drift on over to it. It's a very common organizational structure within the IT and software industries because it allows for the maximum amount of creativity ( you would hope not find this kind of structure in a bank--one would hope, lol). en.wikipedia.org...

The story of Half-Life is old. They have been doing other things like redoing Team Fortress Classic (how many years did it take for them to make TF2? 8 years??), making new types of games like Portal/Portal 2, DOTA 2, the L4D franchise. One thing of note in regards to how Valve has changed is that they did open up a hq in Europe that also happens to be a popular country for tax sheltering although they claim that it's simply for European revenues. Still an interesting change.

I still think that propaganda does sometimes rear its ugly head in games. Borderlands 2 was rife with subtle political or social commentary. I was pretty surprised. I love the Assassin's Creed series but even that kind of made me gag a bit in the latest installment because of the political injections within it even though I'm not so certain that it was government induced injections. Overall, I think that maybe the increased presence of propaganda and/or politics within games is just yet another symptom of politics being at the forefront of people's minds at this time.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Its brainwash tech, of coarse they do.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Because they're Valve and Valve works on their own apparent time. Valve's organizational structure is almost entirely flat which means that there is no specific individual, believe it or not, that is controlling the shots within the corporation. It's kind of like Google in that aspect where an employee may get an idea for a game and whoever wants to work on it will drift on over to it. It's a very common organizational structure within the IT and software industries because it allows for the maximum amount of creativity ( you would hope not find this kind of structure in a bank--one would hope, lol). en.wikipedia.org...

The story of Half-Life is old. They have been doing other things like redoing Team Fortress Classic (how many years did it take for them to make TF2? 8 years??), making new types of games like Portal/Portal 2, DOTA 2, the L4D franchise. One thing of note in regards to how Valve has changed is that they did open up a hq in Europe that also happens to be a popular country for tax sheltering although they claim that it's simply for European revenues. Still an interesting change.

I still think that propaganda does sometimes rear its ugly head in games. Borderlands 2 was rife with subtle political or social commentary. I was pretty surprised. I love the Assassin's Creed series but even that kind of made me gag a bit in the latest installment because of the political injections within it even though I'm not so certain that it was government induced injections. Overall, I think that maybe the increased presence of propaganda and/or politics within games is just yet another symptom of politics being at the forefront of people's minds at this time.

Agreed. Plus, today's audiences are somewhat more sophisticated than previous societies gamers. Remember when simply defeating a monster by stomping on his head, while being an Italian plumber was good enough? Well, now audiences want a more engaging and detailed plot with their gaming experience. And sometimes those plots require human drama and intrigue. And where else will game artists/writers get their inspiration, but from mimicking the real world and its political problems?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

check out my thread about MW2

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Wow my ignorance really shines in this thread! Thanks for the image I completely forgot about that one.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I happen to be an avid gamer and, not brag, a world-class Zombie (COD) player. Developers like Treyarch are known for adding small, almost unnoticeable, subtleties to their games.

It's not because they are controlled by TPTB, it's a testament to the time, effort and depth they put into their games.

Those small things are sometimes what's needed to solve "Easter eggs" or to advance to the next level.

So I don't think it's TPTB.....it's the sheer genius of the developers that add little things to get your mind working.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join