It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Child Abuse?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Children has sexuality too. Not in the same way as adults. A young child can be transgendered just like an adult. The school seems wrong to me in this case...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I wouldn't call it a "win" on either part.

Maybe I've been on your side the whole time. Maybe I was just misunderstood. I tend to think of things on a deep level and then spout only my solution out. I must look like a complete jackass to some and a misinformed fool to others, but if you could see in my head you would know where my heart lies.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

:-)

maybe you're just stubborn - like me

see you around MOTF

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Coy has time to figure things out - but she at least is growing up in a time and place that might allow her to make this choice for herself.

The only problem I have is that I don't believe that Coy will necessarily have the space and time to figure this out for himself...certainly not without a lot of outside factor's and pressure's anyway. I have no issue's with loving parent's wanting the best for their child and being accepting....but there is something that doesn't sit right with me.

That something is the way in which this case as been thrust in the limelight so publicly...not least by the child's parent's. If the parent's feel they have to fight a battle to do what they see is right for their child then that is their business and their right....but there is something not right to me in displaying a 6 year old child in the media whether it be photo's or broadcasted segments on news channel's in an attempt to prove a point or argument.

Whether this child is going to be allowed to make a choice for himself is a hard thing to measure given the circumstance's. Sure no-one is telling him what to do or think directly....but the very fact the parent's are championing very loudly and publicly on his "behalf" and fighting against system's to provide a very unique environment for him could quite possibly have an effect on his future judgement's.What I mean to say is that in a few year's time how is it even going to possible for him not to feel pressure's surrounding his choice's in light of all the work and very public effort his parent's have put in for him? At six he will be aware on the stress this situation will have no doubt put his parent's under and I'm pretty sure it's something that has had a huge impact on their family life including the sibling's.

So how does a child walk away from that if he so wished or chose without any feeling's of guilt or apprehension?
As a parent I find it very hard to see how this situation as been handled in the best way possible to allow this child to make decision's at a later date without a whole barrage of external pressure's or consideration's.

As parent's of this six year old child, I believe very strongly that any pressure's or considerations should be the burden of the parent's.It is their job..and this child should be shielded from them at all cost's wherever possible.
I see two parent's adding to them whether directly or indirectly.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

If the parent's feel they have to fight a battle to do what they see is right for their child then that is their business and their right....but there is something not right to me in displaying a 6 year old child in the media whether it be photo's or broadcasted segments on news channel's in an attempt to prove a point or argument.

I'm not sure how it all came to be so public - but I don't disagree with you

In fact - that is the one thing about all of this that's been bothering me all along - this should have been handled in such a way that she wasn't on display

two ways of looking at it I guess - maybe it helps to put a face no this so people can see this is about a real child

but it doesn't give her much privacy - now or in the future

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

She will perhaps suffer for this.

Probably. Kids are cruel, even when they're innocent. Not a lot of faces exist in the successful transitioned community. Mainly because it's not worth the the stigma. So most cross the line and few ever look back.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join