It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychological Child Abuse?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Don't you know? Men know whats best for you and your little girl using the restroom.
Out of all the people concerned about these issues the commentors that "it's wrong" or "They need to protect women" are about 95% that I've counted. Obviously, I don't have the ability to run a scientific study from home. But y'all can look. Don't worry. Men are here to decide for you.

Meant to reply to this earlier Miraj - but the internet ate my rather lengthy reply :-)

This thread hasn't attracted much interest - odd. Even our OP has disappeared. I actually see the silence as a good thing in a round about way

But those that remain here defending the OP do seem to be men. You make a good point :-)

It does seem sexist - but it also seems natural. Men protect their daughters - and it's probably difficult for them to wrap their heads around this one

Even the NFL is having a bit of a witch hunt right now - gender issues seem to be very complicated and difficult for some men. Fortunately - not most men. Interesting - reading about Coy's story - most of the angry comments I read came from moms

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I guess my biggest peeve is when one person crys loud enough, things change, and everyone else, EVERYONE else, has to cater to one person. That makes me mad for some reason. Like I said before, I dont care what the little boy thinks, he can dress like a unicorn and poop skittles, I dont care and to be honest it makes me happy when people are different. I just don't agree with having to change the way I do things because someone was being a crybaby. I'm looking at it from a taxpayer standpoint. A unisex restroom is just something else I would see as my tax dollars being wasted on.

I know people can feel like the opposite gender, and even from a young age, buy I also know that there is a high chance that this is a phase. Like it or not that chance is there. I was angry because we're basing all this stuff off of a 'what if' senario.

WHAT IF: This is all a phase and in 3 or 4 years the little boy wants to act like a little boy now. Jee-golly, at least we got these nice new unisex restrooms. Wasted money to cater to someone who could change their mind at the drop of a hat.

I'm against that.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Nor is the observation that a person can be born with a body not matching a known gender (intersex). Persons can be born presenting as a woman but with statistically male interests, their mind does not match their body to some extent (CAH).

that actually has nothing to do with the mind, but a miriad of different things that influence the brain. your preconceived notion of what a girl or boy should be interested in doesn't make them the opposite sex.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

For your general knowledge. I am a single father with an 8 year old girl. I would be livid if someone wanted their little boy to use the restroom with my daughter. I'll never change my mind about that. It may seem close minded but to be honest I dont care.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Bob.

You're a moron. Go learn to troll.

Because you're either a troll, can't read, or have run out of arguments so you're now twisting my words.

Take your pick and learn to do it better. You fail.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

more name calling, and it always seems to occur when you're proven wrong. i've been tolerant and respectful towards you, but it's getting old.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Well - that was completely honest - I love that :-)

It comes down to this then - you hate preferential treatment - and crybabies

but MOTF - humanity is changing - it's always changing - has always changed. Society is not always right and the injustices of this world don't look like injustice to everyone at first - then definitely not everyone after...

This is a real situation - not something made up. This happens in nature - it is natural

These are our brothers and sisters, our friends - our children - everyone should be treated equally and with respect

These parents love their child. Like most loving, responsible parents - they're are going to do right by that child come hell or high water.

You see them as crybabies - but they are a drop in the bucket. There are parents everywhere dealing with these issues now because a few spoke up before them - and this will continue until things change

It's all for the better - though I understand not everyone sees it that way now

All she wants to do is use the restroom with all of her little girl friends - just like any normal little girl would

You want to say she's not a normal little girl? Well - this is where we are - aren't we?

It's not a big deal - and it wasn't any kind of a big deal until someone complained. So, who is it that's getting preferential treatment?

:-)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

For your general knowledge. I am a single father with an 8 year old girl. I would be livid if someone wanted their little boy to use the restroom with my daughter. I'll never change my mind about that. It may seem close minded but to be honest I dont care.

Think about it this way - what if your daughter had been born this way?
Intersex

Little Coy IS a girl - don't you see?

You know your daughter - you would understand what she was going through better than anyone. It's not an easy situation for sure - not for anyone involved - least of all Coy

If your daughter was all girl - but physically partly boy, I'm betting you would still do anything to protect your little girl - no difference

Think about it MOTF

And - you may think you're close minded - but you're really not

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I understand that this is something new that people are just starting to recognize. In one of my earlier posts I said something about if a certain percentage of people were like Coy then, sure, we could do whatever they wanted. BUT the percentage isn't there. Coy represents 0.00000000001% of the population at the moment. I think it will take a LOT of people stepping up and saying "Look you guys, we need to change things, we are different, we aren't leaving, we have the numbers", but unfortunately that time isn't in the forseeable future. Had Coy been born 60 or 70 years from now, I'm sure there wouldn't even be an issue. I just don't see any reason to expedite things the way they are proposing for someone who represents 0.00000001% of the population.

In the ever changing society we live in now, if my daughter wanted to be a boy, she would still use the girls restroom because todays definition of a girl and boy has to do with their reproductive equipment and not how they perceive themselves. I would support her in every way imaginable up to the point that her way of life infringed upon anothers way of life. You don't load the deck, you play the cards you were dealt.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You don't load the deck, you play the cards you were dealt.

a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
Lao-Tzu

Humanity is moving forward - we'll get there

with you or without you MOTF

edit on 3/5/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I'm not here to hinder the advancement of society. I'm actually a pretty caring and understanding person. Society will move along, when enough people are willing. There just isn't enough people yet. I'm not the enemy, please believe that.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You and I know you proved nothing. You got called a moron because again, you are acting like a moron.

I'll rescind my opinion on your intelligence when you volunteer the ability to listen to what I'm trying to say and actually try to understand without acting like a complete and total retard.

Until then, GDIAF.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis
reply to post by Miraj

Don't you know? Men know whats best for you and your little girl using the restroom.
Out of all the people concerned about these issues the commentors that "it's wrong" or "They need to protect women" are about 95% that I've counted. Obviously, I don't have the ability to run a scientific study from home. But y'all can look. Don't worry. Men are here to decide for you.

Meant to reply to this earlier Miraj - but the internet ate my rather lengthy reply :-)

This thread hasn't attracted much interest - odd. Even our OP has disappeared. I actually see the silence as a good thing in a round about way

But those that remain here defending the OP do seem to be men. You make a good point :-)

It does seem sexist - but it also seems natural. Men protect their daughters - and it's probably difficult for them to wrap their heads around this one

Even the NFL is having a bit of a witch hunt right now - gender issues seem to be very complicated and difficult for some men. Fortunately - not most men. Interesting - reading about Coy's story - most of the angry comments I read came from moms

I've observed this amongst different articles. It was always men volunteering they'd needed to protect their wives and daughters. In one such instance a trans woman was facing controversy after she had given a spoken at a presentation in a psychology class at her University. Prior to that she had used the womens restroom for a year without any problems. With her or other women.

During reading the comments on that article (Wish I had the link) most of them were men which seems the majority case. The difference could be explained since Katie Couric demographics are mothers. The articles I had read were largely republican hit pieces on republican sites.

Still it's comforting to know most of the commentators generally were positive and actually called out the negative commentors on Katie Couric's site.

I'm glad Katie Couric is giving this some fair and proper attention as well. I can't say Coy has made up her mind but she seems happy and she's not at the age where decisions have to be made. Even further, I don't think they'll be made wrongly having been through this sort of therapy myself.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I dont want to share the loos/toilets with men either thankyou.

Although I have done before there are unisex toilets and it isnt so bad.

But on the whole its best if men and womens are kept seperate.

Plus men and women have very different toilet habits, mens public toilets ewww.. womens plubic toilets tolerable.

The child is going to be spoilt if she gets her way all the time. It isnt neccessary.

And I agree you cant create a unisex toilet in school because one child wanted it.

Infact if you catered to all the fussy needs of children in school ... well it would be another " world" altogeather lol
edit on 5-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I don't know what you two are squabbling about, but is that necessary?

Really? Go die in a fire? Maybe you should just accept people for who they are, especially seeing how this is an 'accept people for who they are' thread.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

you got angry when i showed that you had actually called the person a cross dresser in an earlier post.

there is simply no reasoning you, and once again, your opinion on my intelligence doesn't affect it in the slightest, no one's opinion dictates what is real and what isn't.

and calling me a "retard"? I'M the one who isn't accepting? i suppose it only qualifies as something to be accepted when it fits your particular brand of opinion.

MOTF: it is a very one sided squabble. i've been respectful, but all i get are insults. all i want are some valid reasons as to why coy isn't a boy, but a girl. none have been provided, then i get called idiot, moron, retard, or told to burn to death.

luckily their wish doesn't dictate reality.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

lol.

I'm not mad. I'm just not dealing with stupidity anymore.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm not here to hinder the advancement of society. I'm actually a pretty caring and understanding person.

That's not something I doubt - and it's not something I mean to imply. This isn't about being a good or a bad person

When I said this will happen with you or without you I only meant - this is going to happen

You said this earlier:

Had Coy been born 60 or 70 years from now, I'm sure there wouldn't even be an issue.

60 or 70 years from now has to start somewhere

This is natural - it's part of the natural world. There are so many people that can't accept this - I understand that. Doesn't matter what I think or you think - with more time and research and experience the way we look at each other and treat each other is going to change

Society will move along, when enough people are willing. There just isn't enough people yet. I'm not the enemy, please believe that.

I do :-)

Society will move along - and this is how. When people begin to leave their comfort zones and really think - and try to understand. For the parents of this girl - this is not something that's easy for them I'm sure. But this is their little girl - this is what they're up against - this is what they're going to do

And there are plenty of people like me that are going to do what they're going to do - annoying people, unreasonable people - people who insist people think about this when they see no good reason to consider it at all

yeah - I know...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Still it's comforting to know most of the commentators generally were positive and actually called out the negative commentors on Katie Couric's site.

Times have really changed haven't they? It is comforting - I feel the same. A lot of what I've been reading on this story and many others the past few years makes me feel positively optimistic about people in general

I'm glad Katie Couric is giving this some fair and proper attention as well. I can't say Coy has made up her mind but she seems happy and she's not at the age where decisions have to be made. Even further, I don't think they'll be made wrongly having been through this sort of therapy myself.

Coy has time to figure things out - but she at least is growing up in a time and place that might allow her to make this choice for herself. I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing it wasn't the same for you. It's good you're here - good to get your take on things.

Sometimes I love this place - ATS - you know? :-)

Actually wish this was an even bigger conversation - but either people are just disinterested - or confused
edit on 3/5/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You know... I completely agree with you. 60 or 70 years from now does have to start somewhere. I just think it will take baby steps to get there, without people being overwhelmed, and I see what is happening as a big step. Both, however, are in the right direction.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Does this mean I win?

You're a funny guy MOTF - it's been fun chatting with you

Wish we could catch up in 60-70 years and see what really happens

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join