It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Search Engine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well, ATS... We've been asking for it. We've been wishing for it. I can recall two Christmas periods I've been here now where we even asked Santa for it. Now? We have it!

A NEW SEARCH! Yay!

I'm not sure if anyone took a moment to make a point of saying thanks to the site for creating this for us. The old search worked.... kinda ... well, it actually did search things, anyway. This one? Well, this actually brings meaningful and valuable results!

So, as one member who has posted more than one thread personally asking for this, I just want to take a moment to say THANK YOU, ATS. For anyone who hasn't checked, go check that new search. It really IS new this time and it works!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The New Search Engine!

Quite nifty indeed.

Now, we just need people to encourage others to use it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
Now, we just need people to encourage others to use it.

I'll check it out as soon as I'm done with my "Breaking Alternative News" post about the Pope resigning!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes thank you.

If i had one question it would be: Where did the name come from?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Alright, yoo hoo. Then I put in the name "New ATS search engine" and this thread didn't appear.

So now I can start on on the same topic!

EDIT: Tried it on the old search engine, and nothing there either, Now I really can start a "New ATS search engine" thread! (tempting, but nah, I'll just pretend I started it.)
edit on 28-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Well that's an interesting quirk. I wonder if the Search Engine has it's database 'built' or added to on a schedule as opposed to real time searching? Given the sheer volume of messages ATS has, I imagine there are some logistics problems for making this work that wouldn't exist in smaller sites with real time searching.

I'll bet they could have solved that by integrating Google Search to ATS ..but oh..THANK YOU for NOT doing that. lol... The world is too googled already.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Where did the name come from?

Type "samuru name" into the search engine and you will find your answer as the top item.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well that's an interesting quirk. I wonder if the Search Engine has it's database 'built' or added to on a schedule as opposed to real time searching? Given the sheer volume of messages ATS has, I imagine there are some logistics problems for making this work that wouldn't exist in smaller sites with real time searching.

I'll bet they could have solved that by integrating Google Search to ATS ..but oh..THANK YOU for NOT doing that. lol... The world is too googled already.

Just tried it again, quite awhile later (see times) and nothing. This thread doesn't appear among the first dozen or so hits, and it should have come up with the exact name. So now I will start a thread......nah, joking again. Let's see how long it takes to register this thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You have to be more specific.

Add quotations in your search.

"New ATS Search"

This tells the engine to search ONLY for those set of words in exactly that order.

Thread shows up 3rd or 4th in the list.

~Tenth
edit on 2/28/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It looks ugly...! but it does seem to work

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes thanks ats search works great but I have to agree on the looks ugly part as the post above says...

can't the background be black to match the rest of ats?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yea, a new search engine.

I know, how about an app? Or an update to this antiquated website besides tl;dr and a search engine update? App...app...app...the crappiest of crap websites have one, yet nothing for this one. Need to take a page from Reddit and Alien Blue.

ATS Mobile is Not the same as an app...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
to the site mods and add mins for this, 200
to the one whom thought of it, and 61
that think this is a waste of time , in other words
I LIKES it, best yet!!!!! now if the web had a search so easy to use

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
If you guys are looking to purdy up the new search engine page, I may have found the perfect wallpaper background image...

Just place the [type search here] spot right under his chin:

I must find me this hat !

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
If you guys are looking to purdy up the new search engine page, I may have found the perfect wallpaper background image...

Just place the [type search here] spot right under his chin:

I must find me this hat !

Here you go, you're welcome in advance

The Lumahelm Project

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Quite frankly Samuru is rubbish. Just today, I used the search engine as at the top of the page while looking for an old thread, using some related keywords and found nothing at all. But I then found the old search, and found my mark immediately. Also the site certificate is not secure, one out of three points
edit on 4-3-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I agree.

I have been waiting a long time for a new ATS search engine but this one doesn't live up at all to my expectations.
Why is there no "advanced" search options, e.g. the possibility to limit your search in time or in specific forums? Why can't I choose to search key words within thread text or just headlines? Aren't there any filters or options?

I've been to other forums from different countries, all of which are about as big as ATS and they have very good search engines. Why can't ATS also have that?
If I remember correctly, there has been an "advanced search option"-engine at some point here at ATS, hasn't it? Why did it go away?

As of today, there are no options but to write something in the input box, hit search and then blindly rely on the engine "knowing" what I am looking for (and of course it doesn't).
That doesn't make sense.

I still have a number of elusive old threads that I have been dying to find since long back but this new search engine hasn't helped me one bit.

I'm sorry, but without sounding all too unthankful, it's back to the drawing board.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Explanation:S&F!

Although I have had many issues with the Samaru search engine ... I believe that is more user error than it being rubbish ... however finding intsructions on how to best utilize this part of the 'natural language process toolkit' seems to have to be found by intuition!

Hence it occured to me that 'natural language' means exactly that!

Therefor I am 'thinking' about going to test that with the following plan of attack ...

I may use the 6 basic questions as a foundation and string them together also ...

• Who am I looking for?

• What am I looking for by Who?

• Where do I want to look to find What and by Who I am looking for?

• When and Where did What happen by Who?

• Why did What by Who, Where and When Happen?

• How could What happen by Who, When, Where and Why?

And I am assuming and hoping that will bear fruit and be a profitable way forward out of that confusing maze.

Personal Disclosure: I may or may not post my results as currently I loath samuru and so ima bit biased and seriously dread partaking in this on the fly and by the seat of one pants 'wild' and 'intuitive' unfathomable do or die rely on the customer base for an instant fixit solution bleeding edge business practice.

TLDR: I am not samaru's [aka streamors] currently authorized [aka paid] search engine [aka natural language process tool kit] stress testing analysis [data mining] guinea pig [aka lab rat] ok!
    But I may give it a go if I could but find a freaking manual!

edit on 24-3-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix broken bold bbcode and to alter some context to a more ambiguous nature.

• new topics

top topics

join