It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woodward's Not Alone - Fmr. Clinton Aide Davis Says He Received White House Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, Woodward wouldn't appear to be alone in receiving threats from the White House for reporting. It's a disturbing thing when the elected Government feels powerful enough to outright threaten the free press.

A day after Woodward's claim that a senior White House official had told him he would "regret" writing a column criticizing President Obama's stance on the sequester, Lanny Davis, a longtime close advisor to President Bill Clinton, told WMAL's Mornings on the Mall Thursday he had received similar threats for newspaper columns he had written about Obama in the Washington Times.

Davis told WMAL that his editor, John Solomon, "received a phone call from a senior Obama White House official who didn't like some of my columns, even though I'm a supporter of Obama. I couldn't imagine why this call was made." Davis says the Obama aide told Solomon, "that if he continued to run my columns, he would lose, or his reporters would lose their White House credentials."
Source

As the story notes, he's a former White House aide to Clinton and generally an Obama supporter..or at least he used to be. I wouldn't count on that good feeling being there anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You can take the man out of Chicago, but you can't take the Chicago out of the man.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well that old saying comes to mind, there is safety in numbers.
Ron Fournier also came forward stating he was threatened.

www.breitbart.com...

He states he was sent an email with vulgarity, and veiled threats.

How can this be defended in any way?

The Whitehouse takes everyone for fools, apparently.

edit on 28-2-2013 by burntheships because: tried posting two times but get server is busy issues, and my post dissapears

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The White House does seem to operate as if they exist in a world where action doesn't matter and all can be spun or re-written later anyway. It's baffling because the real world outside Washington simply doesn't work this way. However, so much of what we're seeing happen right now makes no sense if they honestly believe they can or will ever be held to account for it. It's that 'above the law' attitude that gets me more than anything else.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The White House does seem to operate as if they exist in a world where action doesn't matter and all can be spun or re-written later anyway. It's baffling because the real world outside Washington simply doesn't work this way. However, so much of what we're seeing happen right now makes no sense if they honestly believe they can or will ever be held to account for it. It's that 'above the law' attitude that gets me more than anything else.

It's the "Chicago Way" concerning how this Admin rules. You'll notice I didn't say "operates".

As far as they are concerned, you do it their way or they will run you over.

Worse POTUS ever.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm wrong (most likely) but my tin-foil-hat-super-powers are telling me that the mask is coming off the "Obama Public Face" and we're getting to see glimpses of his "real" face.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Yes, well if a Mob was in the Whitehouse, this is what you would expect.
I thought elected officials were public servants....I guess the times have changed.
edit on 28-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Maybe Obama knew nothing of any of this. If the unnamed white house official was Rahm Emmanuel, back when he used to work there, he wouldn't have told Obama about it. The key now is if Obama himself apologizes to Woodward and Lanny Davis, sayng he knew nothing of it, and follows up with whomever did this to ask them never to do that again. But who knows, Obama may have been standing by the phone the whole time.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I think they read the term Public Servant and had a dyslexic moment. They thought it read the reverse for our being Servants to them, apparently. errr... We've kinda lost that whole 'By the people, for the people', concept, eh?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yes, these days it seems its all about a claim to fame,
TV spots, and vacations in Aspen, and power to make everyone worship or keep shut.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It seems to be the modus operandi of any administration.

But at the same time, a theme emerged that there was nothing unusual about a White House trying to intimidate reporters. Mark Halperin said "the Bush White House regularly would engage in the same kind of tactics." And Joe Scarborough and Andrea Mitchell shared stories of having been threatened by the Bush and Reagan White Houses, respectively. Andrea named names. Scarborough did not. - See more at: newsbusters.org... Read more: newsbusters.org...

None of them like to be questioned.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

So we're up to 3 now?

I'm starting to wonder if all journalists with access (aside from the boot-licking sycophants) are given this kind of "encouragement".

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

4 if you include Sheryl Attkinson of CBS, who broke Fast and Furious.
They will be excommunicated....

I hope they press back hard...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison

So we're up to 3 now?

I'm starting to wonder if all journalists with access (aside from the boot-licking sycophants) are given this kind of "encouragement".

It's not just journalists. One month before the November 2012 Presidential election, Obama's Chicago people came into a Baptist Pastor convention and told all of them to encourage their "flock" to vote for Obama, or they would have their churches audited with a fine-tooth comb by the IRS.

BTW, I thought the media loved Obama and worshipped the ground he and Michelle walked on? I guess since the Tiger Woods-President Obama golf snub, they're becoming less enamored with the Obama family.
-cwm
edit on 28-2-2013 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A blatant example of how the media is controlled and influenced by the government.

This is sick. They care nothing about democracy. We need to do something about this. We need to send them a message they won't forget.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is the the obama we all knew was hiding in the background, next comes the full blown communist agenda where reporters are rounded up and shot..its truly an obamanation

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is getting sicker and sicker the more I read about this.. Chicago my ass!! Let me have a word with you Mr. President.. You think you can go around threatening the people? I'm a people too. This is our country and if we don't like something your doing, we're going to let it be known. Listen, your position in power is a feeble trademark that was created to negotiate the best interests of the people. Understand that you are not any kind of Mob Boss. You hear? WE'RE THE BOSS *pounds chest* Your drones? No sir. The bailouts? No sir. All the rest of your shenanigans? NO SIR. Oh? You don't like it? If you're feeling froggish then jump. Cause we don't want you, the democrats, nor the republicans in the Oval Office anyway. We want somebody that has our interests in mind. YOU aren't doing that. You're a SNAKE and it's making me furious..

This world is dying at the hands of a few men and women that mean no good...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hmmm.

Lame duck?

Mean duck?

Gangsta Duck!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Perhaps I'm wrong (most likely) but my tin-foil-hat-super-powers are telling me that the mask is coming off the "Obama Public Face" and we're getting to see glimpses of his "real" face.

Can you imagine if the George W. Bush White House would have threatened
Bob Woodward and Lanny Davis???

The NYT would have gone nuts!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

im starring you because you said worst potus ever, one i like the word potus,because i say it out loud and its funny, and 2 the stament you made is completley true!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join