It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one! Beyonce' admits to being demon possessed.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209

and my point is there's nothing saying her words were literal except you and your assumptions.

Um, no. There's Occam's Razor and there's also this thing called common sense.

Or do you assume that everything everyone says is a metaphor? No. You take them literal unless there is a clear indication they are speaking figuratively, joking, or being sarcastic. Ever heard of context clues?

No we don't but you can assume all you want.

Actually we do, but I'm not gonna play your childish back-and-forth games any longer.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

With you on this Laz. I agree completely. The signs are there, blatantly.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

P.S. I know who gen swarzkoff is - I mean in the occult realm.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

satan destroys his own, and laughs.

Agreed! I think it's part of a twisted pennance while he was around, although I don't believe the actual being who was known as "Satan" still exists on this plane, any resourceful demon can and often do emulate being him, other power figures. Ongoing maquerades.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Get tired or don't. Your mental state in dealing with the thread you created is your own business. By definition your readers do not share it, and don't care.

As to metaphor: Writers seldom (if ever) point out when they are using it, except afterwards. If you have to point out when you are speaking (or writing) metaphorically and when you are not, your readers are too dumb to get it anyway.

Near as I can tell you have purchased an entire books worth of metaphor, and are proclaiming it as "truth." That doesn't make it true, and no -- the total number of of other people who subscribe to your "truth" doesn't make it "true" either.

In objective reality, people who believe in literal demons are completely out of place in our modern world, and their beliefs should rightly be shunned unless / until they produce evidence that such a thing actually exists.

Outside of metaphor, obviously.

link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

I agree with the things you are saying, indeed a certain "entity" can possess an individual to do certain things, take my avatar for example. When I drew it I could not recall what lines I made or what I was thinking, I just drew it, as though something took control and created the image; if you ask me now I don't think I would be able to recreate it. Most people who see it consider it to be evil or not of this world, but when I look at it I consider it beautiful and a blessing.

If Beyonce did indeed have some sort of "demon" possessing her it would make sense to create a persona of this type, one that many people will love and practically worship, giving it the strength to continue to hold on to the masses through something we all adore and cherish, music. (if you actually listen to her garbage).

One thing that I have noticed is a lot of the artists nowadays aiming towards the younger generation and in many of their songs they do mention being of a different world and how they have remained and will continue to remain on this planet. Lil' Wayne, Jay-Z, Drake, Nikki Minaj, Beyonce, Chris Brown, etc. Maybe there is something or maybe they are just taunting the masses, whatever it may be, they sure are causing quite a scene.
edit on 28-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

link   
You are just going to push more children towards beyonce, out of rebellion. Even though you haven't mentioned anything biblical, your interpretations are a give away.
The people who find this thread offensive probably are coming to terns that they've been idolizing pop stars, but at the same time think they can do no wrong.
Good luck

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
You take them literal unless there is a clear indication they are speaking figuratively, joking, or being sarcastic. Ever heard of context clues?

Yes and in this context and with no proof to show otherwise, I believe she is speaking figuratively.

Actually we do, but I'm not gonna play your childish back-and-forth games any longer.

The only game going on here is the one attempting to twist assumption into fact.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Fair enough.

I see the reason you mentioned in the OP that this thread is aimed at those that already believe.

Lack of any evidence and nothing but assumptions and speculation is a pretty good reason to only preach to the choir.

And yet it's those who are disputing the OP who are the ones not even providing any evidence to back up their claim that it was metaphor.

Basing a thread/claim on a personal viewpoint/opinion, but demanding that the opposition counter with evidentiary documentation rather than equal personal view/opinion (aka: like with like) is not only known as poor debate form, but also known as "hubris".

As is breaking down a post sentence by sentence with independent argument on each, rather than countering the main context of the post, thereby polluting the debate with complexity overkill.

These fallacious tactics are commonplace in internet forums.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

Why wouldn't a demon want to enter the body of a popstar? More people are influenced to behave a certain way and to believe certain things and to accept certain things based on what their favorite singer or musician believes and accepts (portrays?) than they would be if a certain "world leader" condoned and portrayed the same. Okay, this sounds a bit incoherent to me, but I don't know how else to state it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Basing a thread/claim on a personal viewpoint/opinion, but demanding that the opposition counter with evidentiary documentation rather than equal personal view/opinion (aka: like with like) is not only known as poor debate form, but also known as "hubris".

Already addressed this...numerous times.

As is breaking down a post sentence by sentence with independent argument on each, rather than countering the main context of the post, thereby polluting the debate with complexity overkill.

No, I do this to keep my counterpoints/responses organized. It's what I've done for years. Don't like it? Then don't reply to me. I'm not nitpicking how you respond.

And I'm not the only one who does it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

and my point is there's nothing saying her words were literal except you and your assumptions.

Wasn't there a video in the OP ? Yep there was and I think it pretty much much suggested the same thing.

edit on 28-2-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24

Hollywood Illuminati

nice link dude

he mentions how loads of artists are gettig killed lately

then on buzzfeed.com

this article was just uploaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaqs just gone missing
lets see where this goes

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Wrong. In today's society, people who don't believe in demons are out of touch with spiritual reality, and have accepted the iron-hard truths of materialism to dominate their lives. There is inherantly more damage in not knowing than in knowing for most, but all things to their own good time. Neither is it vital to know, apparantly, and people go for years without a clue, many to carry on with great success in their lives, partially afforded by a lack of concern over them. To most of us, it eventually makes a huge difference to us, how much we perceive beyond the reality of our five senses.

Don't go scoffing at what you don't have a clue about. If you are convinced that neither angels nor demons nor God exists, then you fall into a remedial category in that realm, as many will attest to.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by aaron2209

Wasn't there a video in the OP ? Yep there was I think it pretty much much suggested the same thing.

Did I miss the part with her stating she is speaking literally?

Anywho, we agree to disagree with each others assumptions. Take it easy

edit on 28-2-2013 by aaron2209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well, it's certainly possible. I personally think there's a large number of people who are possessed by some form of entity and it certainly makes sense that someone in the entertainment industry would be possessed. There's tons of darkness in the entertainment world and everyone knows that. Possession would explain the erratic behavior that so many of those people have. It's a scary place. You have to feel a bit of pity for famous people.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Did I miss the part with her stating she is speaking literally?

Already addressed. Directly to you. In one of my most recent comments to you. Man, yall really just aren't reading at all. Either that or you are just trying to drive us nuts by making us repeat ourselves

Again, common sense and context clues dictate it was literal. Or do you assume that everyone who says something isn't speaking literally?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

Not Satan, but Lucifer. By the way, where are Jesus's spirits that help people with their creativity? There mostly aren't any. Jesus is a slave-master while Lucifer encourages freedom and creativity.

And a "demon" is just a powerful spirit. It comes from Greek and it has nothing to do with anything being evil. The Christians abused this word.

The Catholics declared that "All the Gods of the gentiles are demons". The bible in Psalms says that they are all "devils" (meaning false gods).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

and yet Satan is not mentioned in Isaiah 14. Sure, many think that it is, but it does not make it so. Likewise, he mentions fallen angels. Nowhere in scripture does it mention that we wrestle against "fallen angels" or "demonic hordes" and in this regard,

No, but the Book of Enoch clearly states that it was the Watchers who mated with the daughters of men and taught mankind the methods of war and of adornment of women and who became the subject of the Judgement. Enoch shows that the Watchers were no longer in heaven. .
edit on 28-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Jesus has His Holy Spirit and Angels which are both more powerful than any demons which you are clearly choosing to glory. I'm not even gonna entertain that nonsense.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join