It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireballs with Sonic Booms increase over 500% from 2005 to 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Why are we calling them fireballs?
Its so strange that all of the sudden we are calling em fireballs instead of meteors/meteorites.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
How many times, and how many threads do I have to repeat this.....PLANET X IS/WAS PLUTO!!!

As for the reports of fireballs/meteors, more people are taking notice, and there is more media coverage, just like Earthquakes.....!!!
edit on 1/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaOwl

Its so strange that all of the sudden we are calling em fireballs instead of meteors/meteorites.

It's not all of sudden. Large meteors have been called fireballs for a long time.
www.sciencedirect.com...

And well before that.
edit on 3/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by nomnom
Well when you pick just nine years, you can make a trend to match whatever conclusion you like.

How about the previous, oh I don't know... hundred or so years. Do we have data going back that far?
edit on 28-2-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

I challenge you to show me one year before 2005 in which fireballs were reported with sound in any kind of number they were reported in 2012 which was 246 reports. Good luck getting even more than ten for one year. I'm waiting.

I challenge you to find out how many internet users there were in 2012 compared to 2004.

Why is it so hard to accept that fireballs with accompanying sonic booms are increasing?

Have you shown us all the information that has convinced you that they are in fact increasing?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

People reported things and lists were compiled before the internet, you know.

Fine. Show me ONE year where at least 10% of the total fireballs from 2012 with sound were reported before the year 2005, that low threshold number should go a long way in eliminating any internet effect. 25. I'm waiting.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Show us a comprehensive list which notes whether a boom was associated with the fireball sighting.
Or do you still think that news items constitute a valid database?

Basing your assumptions on a lack of data is not a strong position.

edit on 3/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by InhaleExhale

People reported things and lists were compiled before the internet, you know.

Fine. Show me ONE year where at least 10% of the total fireballs from 2012 with sound were reported before the year 2005, that low threshold number should go a long way in eliminating any internet effect. 25. I'm waiting.

Correct, people reported thing long before many other things too,

People reporting things gives us a very important fact when one decides to find the number of reported incidents.

However, without the proper set up prior to wanting the actual number and not reported number one cannot get conclusive results.

To get the actual number of fireballs with sound world wide would require some type of set up where every inch of the atmosphere can be observed and/or recorded, so unless this or something like this is set up your basing your conclusions on unknowns which is just speculation, and asking for it for 2005.

Create a surveillance that can watch the whole planet then a time machine and viola you can get what you ask for.

You fear the unknown too much X, learn to let go.

But don't stop the threads coming, without being too emotionally involved of-coarse.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
Why are we calling them fireballs?

We are calling them "fireballs" to distinguish from the meteors most usually see as streaks of light in the night. Daytime fireballs are so rare there basically was no terminology for them before. However, since they are becoming more common and increasing, it is useful to use the term "daytime fireball" to distinguish from the nightime meteor streaks the most are used to seeing.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Show us a comprehensive list which notes whether a boom was associated with the fireball sighting.
Or do you still think that news items constitute a valid database?

Basing your assumptions on a lack of data is not a strong position.

edit on 3/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Here is some data here, you can't ignore it just because it doesn't agree with your preconceptions:

Link to meteor sonic boom data

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Here is some data here, you can't ignore it just because it doesn't agree with your preconceptions:

Ignore what? That actually is data, not a lack of data. I don't ignore it. To me it indicates that fireballs are not as uncommon as people may think they are.

The lack of data prior to 2005 is not something you can base a valid assumption upon.

The increase in reports on the AMS is not a valid indication of increasing fireball frequency unless increasing awareness of the website is taken into account.

edit on 3/5/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well here your new Fire Ball

Ya Rare my A$$

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

Here a new one
March 7, 2013 @ Valasske Mezirici, Czech Republic
spaceweather.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-3-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I saw that one on another thread as well, thanks. Maybe we can morph this into a 2013 "Fireball updates" thread?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I saw that one on another thread as well, thanks. Maybe we can morph this into a 2013 "Fireball updates" thread?

Sound good to me
will add any that I find here
look for more info nothing yet

Here one from my allsky camera on Feb 21/2013
no mic will add one next time I'm home again

Jupiter and Moon on left Meteor on right hand side
Almost as big as the Moon but shot time

youtu.be...
edit on 8-3-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here one in Japan Fireball Meteor Mar 05 23:11:44 JST with a few different picture

sonotaco.jp...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Here one in Poland Fireball Meteor 02 MAR 2013
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.ca...

zmianynaziemi.pl...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Here is Event 561 with 16 report in 2013-03-08 22:54 EST IN, KY, MI, NY, OH, ON, VA
and some sound no vid Yet
www.amsmeteors.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join