Idiot Alert! Biden on Self Defense, Round Two: "Fire the Shotgun at the Door"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jibeho

Maybe ol’Joe will take Cheney up on that hunting trip offer!

I’m sure Ted Nugent could show up with some of his full-auto arsenal and teach Joe a few things about firearms. At least then he won't be so damned ignorant when he speaks on the subject.

Just was I was going to post after reading the entire thread......you beat me to it and Star for your post.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
These people are to dumb to know how dumb they are. I mean far be it from the VP of the US to say that he is no gun expert......so he becomes an witless tool....like and ape scratching its axx at the zoo.....of what a dumbaXX progressive looks like and sounds like.

Anyone that would say that his shotgun would do a better job than your assult rifle....A) dosent know who he talking to, b) shows he doesnt understand anything about what he is talking about c) has been watching to many movies d) probably takes himself far to seriously.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
These people are to dumb to know how dumb they are. I mean far be it from the VP of the US to say that he is no gun expert......so he becomes an witless tool....like and ape scratching its axx at the zoo.....of what a dumbaXX progressive looks like and sounds like.

Anyone that would say that his shotgun would do a better job than your assult rifle....A) dosent know who he talking to, b) shows he doesnt understand anything about what he is talking about c) has been watching to many movies d) probably takes himself far to seriously.

I think a Shotgun would be far better for home protection than an assault rifle and I have grown up around firearms all my life. An "assault rifle" (i.e. Rifle of any kind) would be better in a long range situation.

With a 12 gauge you can load, Buckshot, slug, buckshot, slug making it far more likely to hit a target since you have some spread. There is also the "BOOM" factor for purely psychological reasons, lol.

-Again,. Biden is an idiot. We all should have the choice.

I would go Shotgun/Pistol/Rifle for home defense... In a SHTF scenario I would pretty much want a rifle (but not an AR-15 as they are junk IMHO) then shotgun/pistol.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

I think a Shotgun would be far better for home protection than an assault rifle and I have grown up around firearms all my life. An "assault rifle" (i.e. Rifle of any kind) would be better in a long range situation.

I agree with you. A short shotgun is much better for home defense for many reasons.

BUTTTT!!!

This isn’t about “needs” it’s about “RIGHTS.” I don’t care what gun is better for home defense when the conversation is about which one they plan on taking away from me.

I say they can take NONE!

And if they insist....

Molôn Labé MF'ERS!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I agree with you. A short shotgun is much better for home defense for many reasons.

BUTTTT!!!

This isn’t about “needs” it’s about “RIGHTS.” I don’t care what gun is better for home defense when the conversation is about which one they plan on taking away from me.

I say they can take NONE!

And if they insist....

Molôn Labé MF'ERS!!

Totally agree... I certainly think Bidens an idiot and I understand this is about "rights" as opposed to personal preference- Just to be clear.

In fact, I want all THREE (Shotgun/rifle/pistol) =D

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
So, does anyone have a theory as to why this country has had such unmitigated duffusses for VP for the last several decades? Did Congress pass a law? Did one of the POTUS's sign a secret Executive Order? Maybe this is some kind of term limit scheme for political parties?

Anyway this nothing unusual coming out of a VP's mouth. As embarrassed as I am to say it.

Isn't it obvious? It's to protect the POTUS. If the next guy in line for the Presidency is a total loon, then people would be less likely to harm the President.

That said, Uncle Joe is terrific. I mean, his common sense approach to home defense should be a model to every gun owner in Amerika. My only hope is that in 2016 he retires from politics and begins teaching gun safety in Wilmington, I would definitely pay to go to that!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Then we are on the same page, for sure!

I’d also like to add, it depends on the situation. I have an example of a time when you’d REALLY NOT WANT to have the “double barrel shotgun” Biden advocates. You might show it if you had it, but you’d want an AR (or other semi-auto rifle) when confronted with a superior force of marauders.

TARGETS'o'PLENTY

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well if you have to worry about scattering shot to hit your target then you need a shootgun.

Now you say you have been around weapons all your life.....but you can certainly miss with a shootgun at close range, moving target as well as you can with another weapon. Do you understand just how little buckshot spreads at 10 feet? If you aim where you should a rifel isnt any diffrent than a shotgun at close range.

I dont like the idea of having to pump another round, or break down a single shot or be limited to five rounds with an auto shotgun. I like to stay in control of the target with a 20 round mag without all the loading movement. Plus if you can hit something at 10 or 20 feet with a shootgun you can hit the same target with an assult rifle and if you cant i dont know what to tell you. The consideration that a rifle is better at long range only means that you understand some ballistics diffrences between the two types of weapons but it has nothing to do with being able to hit something you aim at at close range.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I can tell how intelligent they are by the way they handle ANY gun.You have to stand close before the idiot sweeps the barrel around,like feinenstien did,With the index finger on the trigger. Is it any wonder such isolated people are afraid of ANY firearm or pointy thing? Having witnessed that?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The consideration that a rifle is better at long range only means that you understand some ballistics diffrences between the two types of weapons but it has nothing to do with being able to hit something you aim at at close range.

It’s a personal preference. I am thinking more of the ballistics aspect because a 12g home defense load isn’t going to penetrate as much sheet rock as a pistol and certainly not as much as a 5.56 or bigger rifle (I don't live alone...kids in the house).

To each his/her own! I’ve got a lot of stuff with 'night lights' for home defense!

edit on 28-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
Why even fire the shotgun if a potential attacker has not even gained entry yet? Why not simply turn on the porch light; that would scare off most attackers. Why not light a firecracker and toss it near the door, giving off the impression that a gun was fired? (sounds sill, but why not). Why not simply yell out "I have called 911 and I am armed"? Any number of other things could be used as scare tactics to ward off potential attackers. It is only when all other efforts fail and the threatening individual has breached the door/window of the home that one should consider lethal force.

People are rarely thinking about contrived scare tactics when their life and that of their family is in immediate danger. If somebody is attempting to breach your home and do God knows what to you and your family, you should address that threat with "shock and awe" and let them know straight away, it's the "wrong house". Never in a million years would I try theatrics to scare somebody when I considered my life or that of my family was in jeopardy.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well personaly I dont worry about it to much. I have a german sheapard outside on patrol around the house....all night....and a yapper in the house that goes ape when the door handle giggles.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by seabag

Well personaly I dont worry about it to much. I have a german sheapard outside on patrol around the house....all night....and a yapper in the house that goes ape when the door handle giggles.

Pepper spray works good for that.

Then what?

Like I said, to each his/her own.

I don't advocate for gun ownership...I respect people's choice in that regard. I just want to be left alone when it comes to MY decisions!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You dont understand.....the german dog is for SOUND alert, its not an attack dog its an early warning and deterent device thatn will only come so close to someone unknown, its a liability consideration. Spraying pepper spray, the dog wont get that close, in the dogs eyes would only create more sound. Sound gives me the atvantage of not having to wait untill someone is comming through the door to be alerted. Plus, if I hear what sounds like my dog injured outside say with spray and that person is then trying to get into the house after bypassing the first alert system.... then he is to stupid to be alive anyway.

Oh and I do advocate for gun ownership. In fact I think it is the personal responsability for americans to be armed to exercise the 2nd if they ever need to there marine. Your s#it sounds weak and unsat.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

An Open Letter to Joe Biden

Dear Mr. Vice President:
Please check yourself into the nearest hospital for a plastectomy. That is an operation where your navel is stretched out to allow the insertion of a plexiglass _ This will allow you to see where you are going while you are walking around with your head firmly shoved where the sun doesn't shine.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Oh and I do advocate for gun ownership. In fact I think it is the personal responsability for americans to be armed to exercise the 2nd if they ever need to there marine. Your s#it sounds weak and unsat.

Please...I'm squared away.

It's a right, not a mandate. I've met plenty of people who really shouldn't own a gun (my mother in law comes to mind). That is unless you advocate gun ownership for Mr. Magoo types shooting through closed doors and shooting at shadows. It's not for everyone but it is everyone's right. To each his own.

edit on 1-3-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Shotgun is a better option for people who have bad aim, the small gauge ones don't really kick that much and with a good butt plate on them very easy to fire and keep on target with in a one foot target area.

That being said I'll stick with my rifle, learned the hard way you have to find a pry out all the freaken buck shot out of the wall be for you plaster over it and fix it. Had some steel shot and damn things rusted in the wall. Ended up having to pull all the drywall off of one wall. Bird shot wasn't as bad, can get most of it out with a shop vac.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I often spoke of the Darwin failures who would rather die than use a gun to save their own lives some doubted ANYONE would be that liberal/progressive.
Well here we are an ardent Obama supporter:www.theblaze.com...
edit on 1-3-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: missplled

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You people saying Shotguns are for people with "bad aim" probabl;y have never been in an actual life/death situation involving firearms.

-In your fantasy , I am sure you are rambo with a steady hand and night vision, calmly picking away the intruder with pinpoint accuracy... Let me assure you, its not called a "mad minute" for no reason. Also, a rifle will shot thrlough your walls and into your neighbors house if you are in a city/suburb- And it scares the hell out of me to think some of you may be my neighbors.

I went through a home invasion- I am a hell of a shot, have hunted since I have been 14 and grew up in a rural area which allowed me to practice weekly on private land. When our house was invaded, waking up from a dead sleep and realizing that I had seconds to possibly avert tragedy- That my wife was in as much danger as myself- I was shaking... In the "movies" I would have calmly grabbed my pistols and walked right through my bedroom door to "take 'em on" with trick shots- The reality? I had no idea how many were in my house, what their intentions were (I assumed the worst) and how well armed/prepared they were... Did they know I was home and were waiting in a prone position outside my door?

-This was also the first time in my life where it was totally possible I was going to take a human life...You know, kill someone. It was not pleasant even though they deserved it- The thought of it- And all this happened over seconds, waking from a dead sleep.

-We crouched behind the bed and I took a position aiming at the bedroom door while my wife called 911... Had that door opened I would have killed someone and (potentially) found myself in a firefight for my life- An no matter how "good a shot" you are, the randomness and chaos would decide that an unskilled person could put a "lucky round" into my wife or myself-

-I also server in the Military and have been "trained" (I wasnt an 11 B though) in combat.

Fortunately, they never entered my room. It was a "smash and grab:" situation and ended up being a neighbors Son and his buddy who was arrested (long story)-

So keep dreaming about your heroics, I see the same with the whole "when the SHTF threads" - I hope you never have to go through what I did. Itr STILL chills me to the bone. I lived in the Country at the time in a "safe" area but had things went differently it would have meant nobody would have heard my calls for help and a night of terror could have happened with nothing I could have done.

-Again, it should be your choice- But using a high powered rifle for home protection means you have a fairly good chance of sending rounds right through your neighbors walls and (possibly) kill innocents.

EDIT/ADD- I would also like to add, that had I "confronted" them, I would have shot to kill... I would have been well withing my legal rights but would have later discovered I killed 1 (or 2) 14 year olds who were unarmed- Granted I didnt know it at the time, and in the situation with adrenalin pumping I would have saw the silhouette and probably fired. Legally and Morally I would have been "right" but I also would have had to live with that the rest of my life...Quite honestly I think it really would have screwed me up-
edit on 1-3-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'll bet Mr. Biden got fooled a few times with the "burning bag of poop" at the door trick. He's pretty consistent in his remarks that leave everyone going WTH?

Should Jehovah's Witnesses knock on the door, then quickly run to the window and wait?

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join