It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Alert! Biden on Self Defense, Round Two: "Fire the Shotgun at the Door"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Since we are talking about shotguns that are not ccw, and the short barrels have been made illegal in most areas of the country.

Biden says people just buy a shotgun makes no mention of "training" and shoot blindly through a door.

Speaking of shooting people through the door about 15 years ago a guy i use to go to high school with shot through his front door killing his drunk friend.

Thought the guy was stupid for doing that just as much as I think Bidens comments are stupid.

Identify a threat
judge if lethal force is required to deal with that threat.

Most people I know do not have xray vision so a blind determination is about as stupid as a person can get meaning the bad advice coming from Joe.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Speaking of shooting people through the door about 15 years ago a guy i use to go to high school with shot through his front door killing his drunk friend.

See.....it happens.

People have the right to arm themselves, but they have the responsibility to be properly trained in how to use that weapon.

Otherwise they are just as stupid and ill-prepared as Biden. That's why I say his statement and overall mentality are not uncommon.
edit on 28-2-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa
reply to post by jibeho

I thought it was Gore who invented the internet

Exactly my point!! These fools will say anything. I'll take Dan Quayle any day over Biden and Gore.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You can not train common sense

They either have or they don't.

As Biden clearly doesn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You can not train common sense

They either have or they don't.

As Biden clearly doesn't.

On that we can agree.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Vice presidents are becoming known for their shotgun handing skills.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have to partially agree with the liberal stance in this case that SOME PEOPLE should Not Own Guns (even shotguns Mr Biden, sir).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Well, we’re in luck because apparently none of us need a gun.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Or motor vehicles of any sort...That same idiot who blindly shoots through a door is also likely to blindly run a red light and T Bone my beloved Chevette!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
isnt this what JUST happend in south africa with that famous amputee who shot his wife through a door because he thought she was a burgler or some nonsense.....least the democrats picked the biggest idiot they could find to head up the anti gun task force

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa
This is a classic.

Biden: Americans Can’t Own F-15 Fighter Jets Or Nuclear Bombs So They Can’t Own AR-15s Either…

weaselzippers.us...
edit on 28-2-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

The guy is a complete asshat. First of all, fighter jets and nuclear weapons aren't constitutionally protected liberties. Second of all, no one is demanding ownership of them for self defense.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I have to partially agree with the liberal stance in this case that SOME PEOPLE should Not Own Guns (even shotguns Mr Biden, sir).

Maybe then they should pass an amendment to the constitution stating that. The founding fathers gave no such restriction when drafting the 2nd amendment. There is a process in place for amending the US Constitution.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

larry ellison of oracle i belive has a mig 21 you can own fighter jets tanks warships (any one rember that rich Russian guy whose yacht has missile defense parked in ny harbor?) if you want them with weapons thats a slightly diffrent story but i would assume if you payed the tax stamps and had all paper work in order you can own a tank with a live cannon or machine gun you just have to go through class 3 paper work if you want your vehicle armed

en.wikipedia.org...

investorplace.com...

Flight Risk: Besides ordinary private aircraft, Larry also owns several fighter jets, including a Russian MiG-29.

edit on 28-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

cars.natemichals.com... on ownership of tanks

www.thehighroad.org... on artillery didnt quote any thing because its another message board and that is against t and c

www.thelapine.ca... and it seems like the NRA is trying to get us to be able to own such things so we will see how that one turns out

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

larry ellison of oracle i belive has a mig 21 you can own fighter jets tanks warships (any one rember that rich Russian guy whose yacht has missile defense parked in ny harbor?) if you want them with weapons thats a slightly diffrent story but i would assume if you payed the tax stamps and had all paper work in order you can own a tank with a live cannon or machine gun you just have to go through class 3 paper work if you want your vehicle armed

en.wikipedia.org...

investorplace.com...

Flight Risk: Besides ordinary private aircraft, Larry also owns several fighter jets, including a Russian MiG-29.

For one thing, using the exception to define the rule is a fallacy. Secondly, that doesn't refute what I said. Joe Biden brought up a red herring.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here is a thread i made recently..

goes with your thread nicely..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

oh im in full agreement with you on Biden being an idiot i just figured other members might be curious as to what we can actually own in the usa. hope Obama is healthy because god help us if he ends up in the white house....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

oh im in full agreement with you on Biden being an idiot i just figured other members might be curious as to what we can actually own in the usa. hope Obama is healthy because god help us if he ends up in the white house....

Well, I know people can, you see privately-owned fighter jets at air shows. But I don't think those owners can procure armaments for them.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

yeah i think u can get a tank with a live gun but i think the government draws the line at actualy having guns on air craft or surplus naval units that they sell off good point you brought up

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ol' Joe always making stand-up comedy comments. The guy makes me laugh every time.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Biden is an idiot.

That said, i would still take a Shotgun over a Pistol or an AR-15 for HOME PROTECTION anyday.

If he really said to "shoot through a door" not only is that ignorant but also illegal... Something really wrong with this guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join