It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Alert! Biden on Self Defense, Round Two: "Fire the Shotgun at the Door"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Biden is a complete fool. Remember when he said he told his wife to fire two shots in the air with a double-barrel shotgun if she was threatened? Well...

1. That's a FELONY in his state and
2. His wife would then be disarmed!!! (Double-barrel shotguns only hold two shells)

Biden is a complete embarrassment on this issue.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jibeho

Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim

Someone should tell Mr. Biden that most shotguns have more recoil than most AR15's.
He needs to be told that a rifle is much more accurate than a smoothbore.... which was another factor in our beating the British in the Revolutionary War.

I believe facts left this debate a looooooooooooooong time ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The saddest thing is I bet Biden BELIEVES THIS... Because as we have learned with Chris Dorner, the government, and their shoot first ask questions later POLICIES, (i'll cite em' if you need), are ALLOWABLE.. Maybe he does not REALIZE that DOES NOT WORK for a PEASANT..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Clearly, we need to keep shotguns out of Joe Biden's hands.

What a goof!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have heard of people who hate doors before but never thought of the VP as being one of them

A shotgun is a viable defense weapon though, you do not need an automatic weapon for that reason. I think he may have said that wrong though, you don't shoot through a door. What if a cop or the neighbor came up and chased away the intruder or was coming to assist. Shooting the help is not good. See and identify the target.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So, Biden thinks its cool to blindly fire through the door and potentially kill an unknown target. Always know what you are intending to shoot and what is behind it...

I think they put Biden in charge of the Gun Control Task Force because he’s not afraid to say anything that comes to mind…even if his responses are completely loony. They wanted this fearless dolt to lead the charge because they knew he’d probably confuse everyone into compliance.

During the National Rifle Association’s meeting with Vice President Joe Biden and the White House gun violence task force, the vice president said the Obama administration does not have the time to fully enforce existing gun laws.

Jim Baker, the NRA representative present at the meeting, recalled the vice president’s words during an interview with The Daily Caller: “And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”
NRA Mtng with Biden

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

A shotgun is a viable defense weapon though, you do not need an automatic weapon for that reason.

No one is advocating that the automatic weapon ban be lifted.

edit on 28-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Clearly, we need to keep shotguns out of Joe Biden's hands.

What a goof!

Imagine what could happen if he was the POTUS.

Thank goodness there is no chance of that. No wait.......

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by rickymouse

A shotgun is a viable defense weapon though, you do not need an automatic weapon for that reason.

No one is advocating that the automatic weapon ban be lifted.

edit on 28-2-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Quoting for truth...

This displays a real issue in these debates when considering that apparently a huge number of the population know very little about guns and their firing mechanism...break down single shots, rolling block single shots, lever actions, bolt actions, pump actions, "semi" automatic and fully automatic. They just don't get it and the MSM and the 2nd amendment attackers are using this ignorance like a finely tuned weapon...I cannot count how many times I have heard the MSM wrongfully label things as "automatic" firearms...
edit on 2/28/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That is exactly why kids shoot their parents and parents shoot their kids. All accidentally and in the night but taking this advice makes you worse off than you should be. Maybe that is why he is in charge because i am sure they want us worse off, not better.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jibeho

Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim

Someone should tell Mr. Biden that most shotguns have more recoil than most AR15's.
He needs to be told that a rifle is much more accurate than a smoothbore.... which was another factor in our beating the British in the Revolutionary War.

I think Biden is just reliving his childhood watching Old West Cowboy movies. First he told people to grab the double barrel and fire a couple of rounds off the balcony and then proceeds to this nonsense. Both scenarios could certainly get someone in trouble with local law enforcement..

In the movies, the cowboys shoot from balconies and shoot through doors and walls to get the guy on the other side... Wake up Joe. Your childhood is long gone....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Most people, including current gun-owners, need some sort of training.

Really how much training does one need to know not to shoot blindly through a door?

Most gun owners do have training, and aren't that stupid as Biden.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Maybe ol’Joe will take Cheney up on that hunting trip offer!

I’m sure Ted Nugent could show up with some of his full-auto arsenal and teach Joe a few things about firearms. At least then he won't be so damned ignorant when he speaks on the subject.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jibeho

So, Biden thinks its cool to blindly fire through the door and potentially kill an unknown target. Always know what you are intending to shoot and what is behind it...

I think they put Biden in charge of the Gun Control Task Force because he’s not afraid to say anything that comes to mind…even if his responses are completely loony. They wanted this fearless dolt to lead the charge because they knew he’d probably confuse everyone into compliance.

During the National Rifle Association’s meeting with Vice President Joe Biden and the White House gun violence task force, the vice president said the Obama administration does not have the time to fully enforce existing gun laws.

Jim Baker, the NRA representative present at the meeting, recalled the vice president’s words during an interview with The Daily Caller: “And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”
NRA Mtng with Biden

Yea, but you gotta remember that this is Biden
He is the kind of guy you would want at your hunting camp cooking the meals and watching the barrel to make sure someone doesn't run off with it. Maybe sending him for another barrel after he drinks it all when he's stuck in the camp all day is alright too. Can't give him a gun though, he might start shooting doors. Don't want to spend all the time at camp fixing doors.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
This is a classic.

Biden: Americans Can’t Own F-15 Fighter Jets Or Nuclear Bombs So They Can’t Own AR-15s Either…

weaselzippers.us...
edit on 28-2-2013 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jibeho

Maybe ol’Joe will take Cheney up on that hunting trip offer!

I’m sure Ted Nugent could show up with some of his full-auto arsenal and teach Joe a few things about firearms. At least then he won't be so damned ignorant when he speaks on the subject.

I hear that its snipe hunting season in D.C this time of year. Bumper harvest. Time to send Joe out and tell him he can't return until he bags one. When he finally wanders back tell him to fill out is ID10T Form in triplicate.

edit on 28-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Did anyone happen to know

He Desegregated Movie Theaters…

weaselzippers.us...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Didn't Biden also invent the Internet? March in Selma? I bet his daddy signed the Emancipation Proclamation

What comes out of his mouth is just amazing??

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I thought it was Gore who invented the internet

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Most people, including current gun-owners, need some sort of training.

Really how much training does one need to know not to shoot blindly through a door?

Most gun owners do have training, and aren't that stupid as Biden.

Good to see you, Neo....been a while.

I would have to disagree that most gun owners have training. Physical training with a weapon is not a requirement to purchase a shotgun on long rifle in most states. I don't believe you have to even take training to get a conceal/carry licence is most states either. (Only a one day class with a paper test is required)

But I could be wrong.

What I'm trying to say is that Biden's statements may actually reflect the actions an average person would take in a stressful situation if they were not trained or able to handle split-second decisions when their life may be at risk.

Of course, you and I know not to shoot through a closed door.....but I'll bet you and I have a lot more training with firearms than the average Joe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join