It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot Alert! Biden on Self Defense, Round Two: "Fire the Shotgun at the Door"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Blindly Firing at the door is just what got "Blade Runner" into a murder trial. (there is more to that case) But, you get the point.

So, Biden thinks its cool to blindly fire through the door and potentially kill an unknown target. Always know what you are intending to shoot and what is behind it...

Here's our Genius Veep in action during an Interview with Field and Stream when asked about self defense

I said, "Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door." Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that's true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, "Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me." No one's arguing we should make machine guns legal.

Response to Biden's Bidenism

Sounds like a crock, yes? Indeed it is. As my pal Erika Johnsen over at Hot Air pointed out:

Honestly, did no one bother to inform the vice president, after his first round of similarly awful advice, that just blasting away on the back porch will 1) reveal your position, 2) leave you effectively disarmed, and 3) possibly get you into some legal trouble?

Yes, that's right: when attempting to defend your home as the Veep suggested, you put yourself at risk for committing negligent homicide with errant shotgun blasts. It's a little remarkable that he's out there prescribing self-defense tactics without having any knowledge of the consequences of such actions--legal or otherwise.

So there you have it, America: this is the man in charge of determining the fate of your guns. God save us all.

townhall.com...

Ignorant fools!! Just like Michelle on ABC stating that the young girl recently killed in Chicago was shot with an Automatic Weapon. Glad ABC caught her gaffe and edited out of her interview. Gotta make her look smart you know...

edit on 28-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'd hate to be Biden's paper boy, coming to collect after dark.....

I have to find the graphic that goes with Biden...it goes like this.

Insert foot A, into mouth B...and swallow....

Des

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This would normally make me laugh, but it's true. He is the guy who is in charge of the gun legislature from the white house. Did they put Ted Bundy in charge of white house security too?

Stupid is as stupid does. -Forrest Gump

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Actually, what we have here is a great example of how little people know about how to protect themselves and their homes.

I know quite a few pro-2nd amendment folks that own guns and they would do exactly what Biden said. They would shoot first and not think about what happens next.

So this is not just a stupid comment Biden made, this is how people in general think regardless of political party.
edit on 28-2-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think it is more like open mouth CHANGE feet.

Your point also applies..

Here's Ben Swans take on one statement.

Note "for the press not to challenge that statement unfortunate"???

No tactically biased.

edit on 28-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I pity the UPS or FedEx guy that has to make a late run to his house. I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would get past all the guards around his house? Does he expect an army to come after him?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Senility has finally set in.

Should we at-least try to identify whos behind the door: friend, relative, postman or just blast first, ask questions later?

And what is one to do if say a group of people, say 8 are trying to enter your home? Is it possible then that an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine may be useful for home defense?

Regardless, the government already agrees that an AR type rifle is suitable for personal defense. Guess Biden didnt get the memo:

This announcement is being placed in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) paragraph 5.207.; It is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items.; 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense.; This announcement constitutes the only solicitation and proposals are being requested.; See attachments for complete details.

edit on 28-2-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Malarkey,

It's all he brings forward. This guy is an idiot of the highest order. I don't like how he pretends to be your friend, when you really know he's full of #.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by jibeho

Senility has finally set in.

Should we at-least try to identify whos behind the door: friend, relative, postman or just blast first, ask questions later?

It's also Girl Scout cookie season. I'd hate to see one of them get capped on Biden's door step. He was even talking with Field and Stream for Cryin out loud... Side note... I'd be more comfortable if my 10 year old daughter was shooting an AR 15 over a 12 gauge double barrel (as Biden suggested earlier) any day of the week. Perhaps Biden could pay to repair her shoulder.
edit on 28-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Putting their foot in their mouth is a common occurrence for every politician. Some more than others. Thinking before saying something tells you a lot about the people we elect into office. Is it any wonder why America is so much in debt? We leave incompetent elected officials to manage our store.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I can't believe that dude. I have heard the police say that in a burglary or home invasion...if the "perp" falls inside you house, it's self defense...if he falls outside your house...it's murder.

I think this represents good ole Uncle Joe perfectly...

And this guy is riding shotgun on our liberties and rights?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why even fire the shotgun if a potential attacker has not even gained entry yet? Why not simply turn on the porch light; that would scare off most attackers. Why not light a firecracker and toss it near the door, giving off the impression that a gun was fired? (sounds sill, but why not). Why not simply yell out "I have called 911 and I am armed"? Any number of other things could be used as scare tactics to ward off potential attackers. It is only when all other efforts fail and the threatening individual has breached the door/window of the home that one should consider lethal force.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Actually, what we have here is a great example of how little people know about how to protect themselves and their homes.

I know quite a few pro-2nd amendment folks that own guns and they would do exactly what Biden said. They would shoot first and not think about what happens next.

So this is not just a stupid comment Biden made, this is how people in general think regardless of political party.
edit on 28-2-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: grammar

Sounds like the folks you know need some training.

I don't know anyone that would just blindly shoot through a door.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Why even fire the shotgun if a potential attacker has not even gained entry yet? Why not simply turn on the porch light; that would scare off most attackers.

A very good point!

Most thinking folks would not fire at an unknown attacker through a door.
What if it is a buddy playing a prank on you?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The vice presidents commentary are yet another example, that illustrates the true insightful genious of the late, great Frank Zappa who I quote, "Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex".

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim

Someone should tell Mr. Biden that most shotguns have more recoil than most AR15's.
He needs to be told that a rifle is much more accurate than a smoothbore.... which was another factor in our beating the British in the Revolutionary War.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
So, does anyone have a theory as to why this country has had such unmitigated duffusses for VP for the last several decades? Did Congress pass a law? Did one of the POTUS's sign a secret Executive Order? Maybe this is some kind of term limit scheme for political parties?

Anyway this nothing unusual coming out of a VP's mouth. As embarrassed as I am to say it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This idiot will end up getting innocent people killed.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc858

Sounds like the folks you know need some training.

I don't know anyone that would just blindly shoot through a door.

Most people, including current gun-owners, need some sort of training. Not only in how to handle certain situations, but also how to handle the gun itself and how to be patient in confusing times.

Almost everyone can get a gun, but very few know how to use it wisely. So you may think you don't know anyone who would just shoot through the door, but put those people in a terrible situation and I'd be willing to bet some of those people you know would shoot without thinking....door or not.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I'd hate to be Biden's paper boy, coming to collect after dark.....

Oh, I can just see this happening: Knock, knock, knock " Ah, Mr. Biden I've come to collect (Bam!) Eeeep!
"Oh, sorry Jimmy I thought you were someone else."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join