It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crisis Addiction and the New American Right

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

lol someone needs to look up the definition of debt, the US debt is rising every second of the day. Now the deficit may have lowered over the last three years but its still tacking on 1.1 trillion to the national debt as of last year. When Obama got into office the national debt was at 10.6 trillion and now its at 16.6 trillion. Bush over his entire two terms only raises the national debt by 4.8 trillion (not saying i liked the guy, I thought he was a moronic manboy). So the Obama administration has put us into debt more then any other administration in american history.

I love you hipster all knowing laid back democrat coffee shop workers, open your eyes man both sides do exactly what you are talking about! The right talks about terrorists, economic collapse, religious freedom being taken away, and so on. The left talks about global warming, guns are gonna kill all of us, the religious folk want to keep the gays from getting married, and so on. All the while both sides are pumping our food full of aspartame ( which there showing now causes neurological disorders), super addicting High fructose corn syrup, and artificial chemicals to turn us into a race of sloths who are to tired to fight back. Yes there are super crazy right wingers out there, but for every crazy right winger there's a crazy left winger. when are you people going to wake up and realize there is no two party system anymore.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

someone made a false clam and we are correcting it, so are you saying that we should just deal with misinformation on ATS too, as long as it furthers your beliefs a lie is fine?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Tattiio

Call it whatever you want. When you spend more money than you take in...it's called deficit spending. The clever twist of "not having a budget" does not make the fact we are overspending go away.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Sadly, too many of you can't discern the difference between conservative and Republican. I won't debate RNC versus DNC, since that's not the topic of the thread. Conservatives have shown a serious need for intense drama, and especially crisis. That's what this thread is examining. There are entire forums dedicated to how idiotic the two US political parties are. Go play there if you need that fix.

Did you actually read what I wrote?

I am not a Republican or a democrat. I said the words "fiscally conservative" so you blow that all out of proportion. I'm also socially liberal....I believe in freedom and living within ones means...

As far as "crisis addiction"...who is jumping around like their head is on fire about gun control, social welfare programs and universal healthcare? Who acts like the sky is falling over these issues?

I chose to point out a few background issues and you try to bulldoze it because you apparently didn't like it as illustrated the fact that all of this crap from both sides is just that...crap
edit on 3/1/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Did you know that only 6% of the American public realizes that the US debt has fallen for three straight years, and will fall again this year regardless of the sequestration monster (which, isn't really all that much of a monster, since it's not even a trillion dollars worth of cuts). Interesting factoid, at any rate. The debt rose under Bush (two wars off-the-budget-books, two enormous tax cuts, and an unfunded medicare expansion) and has since fallen under Obama.

Don't believe me, look it up.

WTF, you're total BS. In the last 3 years the debt has increased by be zillions.. You obviously don't have the slightest clue what's going on..It's not just the right that's lost their minds, the left is just as bad. You drank the cool aid didn't you?

Actually no one can be this stupid, you're some kind of troll shill. I'm sure you don't believe what you're saying.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The thread title sort of says it all. From this Sequester edition of the endless political hair-on-fire crisis machine, to the end-of-days-every-other-day, AntiChrist-whack-a-mole mentality of the American Evangelical community, to the Al Qaeda under every rock hysteria of the Bush/Cheney regime, to the lock-n-load, birther Manchurian Candidate end-of-America-as-we-know-it Obama hating Tea Party, it seems that the only thing the entire conflagration ever actually strives to accomplish is feeding the rightwing's junkie fix for crisis.

wow

I wish I could write like that

bravo

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08

. Bush over his entire two terms only raises the national debt by 4.8 trillion (not saying i liked the guy, I thought he was a moronic manboy). So the Obama administration has put us into debt more then any other administration in american history.

Okay, just this one, but that's it. I am so over this topic already.

Bush's two wars were never added to the national debt until Obama added them officially to the national debt when he took office. Look it up. Bush's wars were funded by "emergency funding" bills, and they never showed up as debt while Bush was in office.

Then, the 7 trillion dollars that the banksters stole from us (yes, 7 trillion in wealth evaporation from our Treasury - so far) was a direct result of the deal that Bush and Paulson worked out with Wall Street as they all held a gun to the heads of the DNC Congress in the fall of 2008. Those two undeclared war debts, and that unbelievable Treasury heist put Bush's contribution to our debt way past the 4.8 trillion you attribute to him and his two terms. The tax cuts (1st ever during war time) and the unfunded Medicare expansion aren't the only massive debt surges that Bush inflicted on us. They're the only ones that they officially recorded while Bush was in office.

I don't expect this to affect your view of reality, though. Not if this widely reported and detailed set of facts hasn't already affected your view of things by now. Your need for crisis trumps all other requirements. Such as a requirement for an accurate reality narrative. So go ahead and enjoy the drama, as you envision us all on an out-of-control bus that's careening wildly through the open gateway to Hell, as Obama sits on top and chants Muslim curses and high-fives each demonic sentry we pass. Why not. It's not like there's anything good on TV tonight anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

So go ahead and enjoy the drama, as you envision us all on an out-of-control bus that's careening wildly through the open gateway to Hell, as Obama sits on top and chants Muslim curses and high-fives each demonic sentry we pass. Why not. It's not like there's anything good on TV tonight anyway.

At least you got this part right.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

They have a magic book written by a bearded genie that tells them the world is ending.

What do you expect? Its no mystery why the republican party is a joke to the secular world.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have to agree with you. I've been noticing this same phenomenon as well.

Let's take the gun control issue as an example.
Before I being, I'm definitely pro-gun. I also lean liberal.
Now the pro-gun conseratives on this board flipped the F out when they just talked about limiting the sale of semi-auto assault rifles(still hasn't happened yet, probably won't). Do I expect people to not stand up for their believed rights? Of course not. But there is a difference between discussing why we should limit weapons capable of killing many people, and the response that happened not only on this site, but from mainstream republicans as well. Some(or most) of the things being said bordered on outright lunacy. And their hate of liberals/Democrats(I don't associate myself with Democrats,fyi) is getting a little scary TBH.
But more on topic, I truly believe they enjoyed what was happening!!!

Let's talk about the financial cliff/sequester thing for a bit.
WTF is up with that crisis? It seriously has been going on for like 3 years, and we've passed the deadline at least 4 times.

Now either there really is no problem....or they are kicking a huge can down the road.

Either way, the crisis aspect of it is being chewed up by Americans. All Americans.

While you're right that the right is definitely more obvious in their love of crises. It seems to be a growing trend for all Americans. And I think it's evidence of the growing perversion of our society as a whole.

You know, the political bickering has been heating up, not because there's anything to really argue about, but we just love bickering!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Great analogy. It's all about control, in a crisis people will do anything they are told. Get them addicted to the notion of a constant system of fluctuations between economic/political crisis's, well seems to be a fun game in a "democracy" to play with emotions. They cloud the most rationale/reasonable of decision makers.

Good things
PS great writing skills by the way.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

its really quite simple.

study after study shows that conservatives operate from the "fear" center of their brain. any type of change triggers their "flight or fight" response.

liberals deal with changing situations much better than cons, studies show.

i just report the science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join