It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crisis Addiction and the New American Right

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

I'm sorry, I do not fear the sequestration monster...my complaint is it does not do enough to address the issue of massive and insane deficit spending...

Did you know that only 6% of the American public realizes that the US debt has fallen for three straight years, and will fall again this year regardless of the sequestration monster (which, isn't really all that much of a monster, since it's not even a trillion dollars worth of cuts). Interesting factoid, at any rate. The debt rose under Bush (two wars off-the-budget-books, two enormous tax cuts, and an unfunded medicare expansion) and has since fallen under Obama.

Don't believe me, look it up.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I think you mean the "deficit" has fallen each year. The overall national debt is still around 16 trillion dollars and growing.

There are some that would say a little progress is better than none. I personally believe it is far from being enough. Even with a slight reduction in deficit spending, when you are still spending a trillion dollars more each year than you take in...you really need to be looking at what the real "national" problems are and allocate funding to the real important issues...and therein lies the fundamental issue...

No one can agree on what is really the most important thing for the USA. In my opinion, amassing nearly incomprehensible debt is not in the best interest of the USA. But that is just my opinion.

ETA:

BTW...I am not a Republican or a Democrat. I believe in freedom and fiscal responsibility.

edit on 2/28/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
None of us truly know a damn thing. Information and disinformation is rampant around the globe. The media is brainwashing society to further agendas instead of reporting the facts. You know nothing. I know nothing. There are probably less than 100 people on the planet that actually know the truth. Believe nothing. Assume nothing.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

your concept in this thead is right on, in my opinion.
if the constant barrage of crisis oriented news were to suddenly stop, it may allow the sleepers time to properly process the information. now they can't allow that.

i've been aware of this for a long time as i have worked for plenty of 'old farts' that are addicted to the rush limbaugh program and other talk radio propaganda, blasting it 24/7 thru their home intercom systems so that they don't miss a thing and are constantly bathed in the spew of negativaty.

unfortunately, without this i would suspect that even ATS would suffer from withdrawal symptoms as it would revert to rehashing of old conspiracies like this one.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The deficit has shrunk, not the debt, they are not the same thing. The Government continues to spend more than it takes in. And even though the deficit is shrinking, as far as I am concerned, it is not fast enough.

As for foreign policy, this Admin totally ignored the Iranian uprising but tossed cash and arms at the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, and also to the rebels in Libya and Syria. I guarantee you that will end up biting the U.S in the end.

Benghazi doesn’t even register as a crisis to this Admin, but it was to those on the ground at the time. It was ignored by this Admin and I believe that is where the Repubs have a problem with it.

I believe that the two most important things that this Admin must address is its fiscal policies and National security.

And it must involve compromise by both sides, not finger pointing.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

And yet the debt has fallen considerably since the spring of 2010. Just sayin.

You are confusing the DEBT and the DEFICIT.

The Debt has not fallen at all since the spring of 2010 or any spring for the last few decades. Since Obama has taken office the Debt has increased by 5 Trillion dollars.

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush

Link

Since the printing of that article in March 2012 the Debt has increased another 1 Trillion dollars in less than a
year.

National Debt Clock

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
oh, i didn't realize this thread was (hijacked) about the 'debt' and the 'deficit budjet'.

it seems that few people know that the countries of the world are all in bankruptcy and are operating under the control of their creditors, the rothschilds banking empire.

they demand control of their possesions and have allowed the facade of the United States Government to remain visible and have tasked it with the duty to administer the collection of funds to satisfy the terms of the bankruptcy.

they are under no cicumstances to reveal that such is the case and have to resort to the fabrication of lies disguising them as the types of news events that the OP is refering to in this thread.

it's a shame that so many are so utterly duped.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

I don't think that this thread was hijacked in any ways. I would say it was redirected.

After all, we can point fingers all we want at each party, but they seem to me to be one and the same.

They're both guilty of generating crises's.

I've already made clear as to what crisi's I would like to have addressed. And those two are the major crises's that are generating all the mini-crisis's as a result.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

And here I just thought they are somewhat stupid and knee-jerk... kind of like my assessment.

I like your observation better and agree. At least they aren't complacent and happy with the state of things, huh? Perhaps a tipping convergence point is on the horizon?

Better than hoping to be flattened by an asteroid, anyway. Crisis addiction is seen everywhere in human society... just look at the substance abusers, beaten wives and drunken brawlers...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You are correct when you talk about the fabricated emergencies. It is not just conservatives, it is both parties. Our country needs three or four political parties. Prior to the great depression the US generally had up to five political parties in office and running for office. At a minimum we always had three parties. Now those in power have elimnated all other parties in an attempt to completly dominate. The tea party and occupy wall street are not crazy lunatics on the fringe. These are the most normal Americans of all. To say those involved are nut cases is idiotic. The media has delibertly held down any third party in polotics. Why is it the media portrays Ron Paul like a nut case, or Ross Perot. 99% of everything you have ever learned and know is wrong. The key is figuring out what is in the 1% of truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by tinhattribunal

After all, we can point fingers all we want at each party, but they seem to me to be one and the same.

They're both guilty of generating crises's.

I'd have to agree with you here. As much as I once believed there was a significant difference in the parties, there sure isn't at this point. They're both about the same two things. Money and Power. To the extent they really fight, it's about getting more of the two for themselves than the other side. We're all coming in a distant afterthought except for the period closing to elections. Then they all play like they've been interested in us all, and all this time too.

I'd say it's been one crisis made after the other since at least 2006 and ultimately 2001. Of course, the last 4 years have been Democratically controlled Executive agencies of the Government and so, their baby on the crisis creation and control aspects. They're only extending what the guy before them started though so the blame really does fit all around.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

You have this as backwards as the president does. The debt has risen every year since Regan. The deficit has not risen because there has not been a budget in four years. Without a budget you cannot go over budget. Also there is no such thing as a deficit when you have no budget. You may say, the budget is tax revenue. Well what about the 50 billion extra printed each month by the Fed. You have to understand that it is all a game of numbers. Anyone can create a statistic to prove anything. You must rise above the lies to realize it is all lies.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Sadly, too many of you can't discern the difference between conservative and Republican. I won't debate RNC versus DNC, since that's not the topic of the thread. Conservatives have shown a serious need for intense drama, and especially crisis. That's what this thread is examining. There are entire forums dedicated to how idiotic the two US political parties are. Go play there if you need that fix.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Sadly, too many of you can't discern the difference between conservative and Republican. I won't debate RNC versus DNC, since that's not the topic of the thread. Conservatives have shown a serious need for intense drama, and especially crisis. That's what this thread is examining. There are entire forums dedicated to how idiotic the two US political parties are. Go play there if you need that fix.

You have to admit, there are many who do view Conservative and Republican as one and the same. Just like Liberal and Democrat.

This ain't another one of your Psych tests is it?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

why so many of the folks who label themselves "registered conservatives" (which is odd, since I didn't know that conservatism is a political party, or that there actually is a Conservative Party that puts up national candidates, and has a registration process, but I digress...)

Google is your friend.

Join the conservative party

Not that I am one but I do acknowledge they exist. I do admit though, probably most of these people you are talking about that call themselves "registered conservatives" (not that I have seen anybody say that) are probably confusing the term for republican. (I figure that is what you were alluding to).
edit on 28-2-2013 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think we are living in "Days Of Our Lives." or the newer reality TV shows. Maybe we should make it illegal for anyone working for the government to watch these kind of shows.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You have to admit, there are many who do view Conservative and Republican as one and the same. Just like Liberal and Democrat.

Screw it, I replied to this post and the f*cking board's software ate that reply. I don't test people. Not because I can't think of a way to test people, but because I really don't care what anyone actually thinks about much of anything.

As far as American hard-right conservatives being screaming 10 yr old girls (relatively speaking), I don't need anyone to clarify it for me. The evidence is pretty conclusive. I just thought I'd comment on it this morning.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Screw it, I replied to this post and the f*cking board's software ate that reply. I don't test people. Not because I can't think of a way to test people, but because I really don't care what anyone actually thinks about much of anything.

As far as American hard-right conservatives being screaming 10 yr old girls (relatively speaking), I don't need anyone to clarify it for me. The evidence is pretty conclusive. I just thought I'd comment on it this morning.

Sorry about that, I had you confused with another member.

Personally, I don't see the evidence as conclusive with regards to how people think. Maybe the parties can be nailed down to a degree though.

You did initiate the conversation though. I’m sorry that it didn’t go the way you may have wanted it to go. But them’s the breaks as they say.

edit on 28-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is a good point, what is it like in other countries? Is this kind of Armageddon stuff talked about all the time?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Isn't it amazing? The land that brought fearless men that stood up against the world's greatest military might of the time, the land of the brave, the wild west... turned into petrified sheep begging their Government to strip them of their rights for safety.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

"Screw it, I replied to this post and the f*cking board's software ate that reply. I don't test people. Not because I can't think of a way to test people, but because I really don't care what anyone actually thinks about much of anything."

Have you asked these questions to friends and relatives? Or have you polled people on the street in conversation casually? The daily people you run into?
The part QUOTE "but because Screw it, I replied to this post and the f*cking board's software ate that reply. I don't test people. Not because I can't think of a way to test people, but because I really don't care what anyone actually thinks about much of anything.

That sort of gives me pause, that is to say, it appears that the forum is the basis of your 'group of people to chide' or to blame. And they are not really representative of the population at large. You gott'a admit ATS is a condensation of sorts, where you can debate any subject, and people here come for the ambiance, be it doom and gloom, or discontent, or simply boredom in their life, or the occasional stellar topic (rare).
There are some quite enlightening threads presented here on ATS, and then there are a lot of simple parroting from the various fringe news or forums.

However I will agree with your assessment of the proliferation of those who are most happy when things are looking grim. They can make all kind of pronouncements, and armchair General comments, of course, they will never be pressed into action or made to back up their theologies, instead, they will bich that someone else didn't act.
Take them with a grain of salt, their only noise, nothing more.
Once in a while though, ATS members do post something truly remarkable, so take heart, there will be another day, and another opportunity to look for good or to add to the bad.
If you give up, you know your future...... but if you add to humanity.....well then you won't likely be saying
"I really don't care what anyone actually thinks about much of anything" You'll be part of the solution.

Sorry, the quote I wanted to appear and address at the Very Top seems to have gone missing and substituted with someone else's comments. I too seem to be having some sort of posting difficulty with the thread here...???
edit on 1-3-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join