It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC blatantly covers up Michelle Obama's gun ignorance.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Helious

I wouldn't know to be honest.

Well, that's very Michelle Obama of you.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I would say using stories about dead children is what gets most people off the fence combined with never talking about the statistics of gun crimes committed by actual legal owners of the guns used in crimes. But nah FOX can't miss any retarded reason to be retarded.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't like guns, why would I know anything about them?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I would say using stories about dead children is what gets most people off the fence combined with never talking about the statistics of gun crimes committed by actual legal owners of the guns used in crimes. But nah FOX can't miss any retarded reason to be retarded.

You make a good point.

I knew there was a reason I like you.

In their defense, FOX is the ONLY MSM organization talking about the ‘other stuff.’ When have you heard the other side of the debate on ABC/NBC?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

I don't like guns, why would I know anything about them?

I don't own a gun, it doesn't stop me from knowing the government doesn't have the right to take them from others and it doesn't stop me knowing the difference between a right and a privilege.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Who said I thought the government should take away guns from legal owners?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Honestly Seabag, I don't watch the news... even if facts are correct (except FOX) they never talk about the aspect of ANY issue that they should be talking about.

In their defense, FOX is the ONLY MSM organization talking about the ‘other stuff.’ When have you heard the other side of the debate on ABC/NBC?

Combined with propaganda and lies. Do they ever talk about the Liberals or Leftists that support the 2nd amendment? Not even once I'm betting, because it serves their purpose to have viewers blame and hate liberals.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Who said I thought the government should take away guns from legal owners?

That is what I took away from this statement:

Does her mistake/ignorance change anything about the gun debate? Does it change anything about the policies that are being attempted to enact?

If I was mistaken, I apologize but that short paragraph seems to say that the agenda that is being pushed is on the right course when in fact, the only laws that are being sought out will only effect law abiding citizens and will have zero effect on criminals.

If you wan't "gun control" that addresses the right demographic you need to enforce much harsher penalties on crimes committed with guns. Make a violent crime committed with a fire arm a one and done scenario. Mandatory 20 years for armed robbery, mandatory life without parole for a car jacking or home invasion and you can clear the space out for them by eliminating the atrocious amount of victim less crime in America that people are even prosecuted for in the first place.

Thats gun control I could get behind.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Combined with propaganda and lies. Do they ever talk about the Liberals or Leftists that support the 2nd amendment? Not even once I'm betting, because it serves their purpose to have viewers blame and hate liberals.

If there were any, I’m sure they’d parade them out.

Anything to further the 2nd amendment defense agenda!

edit on 28-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No they wouldn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

No they wouldn't.

I guess you've never watched FOX.

Juan Williams
Alan Colmes
Kirsten Powers
Shepard Smith
Geraldo Rivera
Mara Liasson
Bill Schulz
Susan Estrich
Bob Beckle

Plus many lib guests....

ALL LIBERALS....FOX marches them out every day.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Aren't non-revolver handguns called automatics? EDIT: ANNND... I apparently didn't read very carefully. Why didn't you mention in the OP that police suspected a revolver had been used in the shooting?

The comment may have been viewed as verging on the too graphic. Possibly.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2013 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Originally posted by redtic
reply to post by Helious

So, you're outraged that Mrs Obama mispoke and was edited, but not about the fact that these idiots needlessly killed a girl with a gun they had no right in possessing. OK, got it.

Am I outraged? No sir, Michelle Obama doesn't even register on my radar other than to put a face on the idiocy of the current gun grab evidenced by your own post stating that the criminal that I'M SURE didn't buy the gun used to commit that murder legally has any bearing on gun legislation that erodes the rights of law abiding citizens that don't regularly shoot people in the hood.

Got it now?

No, not really. I guess my point is that we should focus any efforts on stopping punks like this from getting guns, rather than crying about the first lady making a faux pas.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No. Those aren't Liberals, they're GOP shills acting the part of the Liberal buffoon.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

No. Those aren't Liberals, they're GOP shills acting the part of the Liberal buffoon.

Actually, they're just plain ol' liberal buffoons.

That's how liberals actually come across to most people.

I KNOW....IT'S RIDICULOUS! I AGREE!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yawn.
Why do you always have to do that?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

No, not really. I guess my point is that we should focus any efforts on stopping punks like this from getting guns, rather than crying about the first lady making a faux pas.

Well, I would agree 110% if this administration was actually focusing additional gun legislation in the direction of criminals who use guns to commit crimes.

The fact of the matter is though, they are doing nothing to address this. All they are doing is making it harder on law abiding citizens to obtain, retain and posses firearms while leaving criminals free to do as they will. That is my problem here sir. Obama keeps saying "common sense" legislation but in practicality it is anything but because it doesn't address the people committing the crimes with guns......................

This agenda has nothing to do with keeping you safe and trust me when I say the government doesn't give a toss about you or anyone else. They do everything for a reason and the reason they want guns out of law abiding citizens hands has absolutely nothing to do with keeping you safe.

Keep thinking because you agree with those currently in power that you feed from the same troff. What you think is the best thing for America, to prevent loss of life or keep us safer could end up being our descent into the new third Reich. If you think that is far fetched or out of line. Pick up a history book and then research the invasion, occupation and pillaging of nations by the United States in the last 20 years.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

reply to post by seabag

No they wouldn't.

I guess you've never watched FOX.

Juan Williams
Alan Colmes
Kirsten Powers
Shepard Smith
Geraldo Rivera
Mara Liasson
Bill Schulz
Susan Estrich
Bob Beckle

Plus many lib guests....

ALL LIBERALS....FOX marches them out every day.

They have also Hired Dennis Kucinich as an official "guest"/subject matter expert.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
tHERES NOTHING POORLY THOUGHT OUT ABOUT DISARMING AMERICA....SO FAR ITS WORKING WELL.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I actually don't think our viewpoints are too far off - maybe. I think our biggest problem is people that have guns that shouldn't - be it through legal or illegal means. While I've stated on here that I don't think the essence of a gun is a at all a good thing, I understand the argument that people want one to protect themselves. So, in retrospect, I don't think gun bans are going to do much good at this point - we just need to tightly restrict how they are transferred. I also don't think high powered weapons have any business in the public sector, but our main problem - as is evident by the statistics - is the easy access to guns, not the type of guns.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join