It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilgamesh Tomb Believed Found at Uruk!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My apologies in advance for the double post

edit on 1/3/13 by TrowaBarton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by 00777

Funny you should mention that, I have been told by various sources over the years, mostly those of Masonic persuasion that there is already a man doing just that, claiming being an alien and messiah, he reportedly got 'otherworldly' information from another source and is claiming it as his own and is behind a lot of the terrible decisions being made in the world. Word has it that the police and governments are involved and he has even duped them, I was told that the Christian Church has some involvement in it also and the seat of it is in the UK. I believe there is at least a high percentage of truth in this, those that told me had reason to believe it as true and they had some involvement.

Very interesting, can you elaborate on this any further via a pot, thread or pm?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This would have been a much bigger deal before Göbekli Tepe was found. Now it's almost contemporary in comparison.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Arken
Awesome discovery at Uruk in Iraq where archeologist of the Bavarian department of Historical Monuments in Munich believe they may have found the lost tomb of King Gilgamesh, the Hero, the semi-god/human, the giant of the Sumerian oldest epic saga in history, written on a set of thousands inscribed clay tablets .
(The so called "Anu.nna.ki" saga...)

news.bbc.co.uk...

In the book - actually a set of inscribed clay tablets - Gilgamesh was described as having been buried under the Euphrates, in a tomb apparently constructed when the waters of the ancient river parted following his death.

Astonishing.

Honor to the King!

edit on 28-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

SnF Arken!

Did you know that the statue that depicts him, he is clutching a Lion!

That's one big dude (I could still drop him with my M24 though
)
The way things are going, I sometimes wonder if the Nephilim will return.
you know it is odd that they depict animals correctly so why would they depicted themselves incorrectly?They are always shown as much taller and larger in comparison to other individuals and animals.
People pick and chose as to what to believe then again I guess it is their right...fascinating non the less

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
lol

this is a funny thread

and just for the record the bible in genesis is decribing the creation of man by the annunaki

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by Violater1

Awesome discovery at Uruk in Iraq where archeologist of the Bavarian department of Historical Monuments in Munich believe they may have found the lost tomb of King Gilgamesh, the Hero, the semi-god/human, the giant of the Sumerian oldest epic saga in history, written on a set of thousands inscribed clay tablets .

news.bbc.co.uk...

In the book - actually a set of inscribed clay tablets - Gilgamesh was described as having been buried under the Euphrates, in a tomb apparently constructed when the waters of the ancient river parted following his death.

Astonishing.

Honor to the King!

SnF Arken!

Did you know that the statue that depicts him, he is clutching a Lion!

That's one big dude (I could still drop him with my M24 though
)
The way things are going, I sometimes wonder if the Nephilim will return.
you know it is odd that they depict animals correctly so why would they depicted themselves incorrectly?They are always shown as much taller and larger in comparison to other individuals and animals.
People pick and chose as to what to believe then again I guess it is their right...fascinating non the less

the reason he is so tall, is the annunaki actually picked sasquatch to mix their genes with due to it being the smartest hominid they found. for many generations we remained huge, designed for labor and work by the annunaki who i'm assuming were greys.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Very cool. I remember reading about him in Zechariah Sitchin's books. He tried to access the space port and leave the planet with the other gods but he wasn't permitted to. At least that's my vague memory of the story. It would be really cool if someone made a movie about this. I've always wanted to see that time period portrayed in a realistic modern way, from the perspective that extraterrestrials were present at that time.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am confused????
This article is from April 2003?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Surely, always Bavarians, or some other fons, noone else can find anything, because, they are higher race, that?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Harte

keep going. narmer/enmerkar as nimrod. finish the thought. nimrod was a title. it meant rebel.

According to some.

However, I referred to nutjobs. So here's a mild one.

That Nimrod should be called Horus is no surprise, given that the elder Horus was his own grandfather, Ham. It may be, of course, that later generations of Egyptians confused Nimrod/ Narmer for his "son", Gilgamesh/ Horus. The evidence is too sparse to be definite.

Source
Yes, quite "sparse," I would say.

Nimrod was (supposedly) a person as well, Undo. I'm aware of the claim of "rebel," but it also (again, supposedly) means "great hunter."

So, maybe he was a great hunter of rebels? You know, like Sherman in his march to the sea?

Harte

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

The Epic Of Gilgamesh - written by a Middle Eastern scholar 2,500 years before the birth of Christ - commemorated the life of the ruler of the city of Uruk, from which Iraq gets its name

Now, a German-led expedition has discovered what is thought to be the entire city of Uruk - including, where the Euphrates once flowed, the last resting place of its famous King.

"I don't want to say definitely it was the grave of King Gilgamesh, but it looks very similar to that described in the epic," Jorg Fassbinder, of the Bavarian department of Historical Monuments in Munich, told the BBC World Service's Science in Action programme.

"We found just outside the city an area in the middle of the former Euphrates river the remains of such a building which could be interpreted as a burial," Mr Fassbinder said.

"The most surprising thing was that we found structures already described by Gilgamesh," Mr Fassbinder stated.

Astonishing.

Honor to the King!

My homie!

I woke up thinking about Babylon - strange.. eh?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

the reason he is so tall, is the annunaki actually picked sasquatch to mix their genes with due to it being the smartest hominid they found. for many generations we remained huge, designed for labor and work by the annunaki who i'm assuming were greys
reply to post by hisshadow

Seriously? if in fact they were giants I doubt they were as tall as some has quoted.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

I have been wondering if since IRAQ is now US occupied if we would not begin to see some of it's true treasures unearthed and a better picture of our history revealed.

Although this does fall under the whole project blue-beam timetable of announcing what we know about history is wrong! LOL Makes me wonder what is "Hiding" in IRAN that we are no doubt after...no not oil...
edit on 1-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Why should it bother me as a religious person? I believe that the Bible records historical happenings. If another culture has a similar story it just confirms that something happened. No one needs to have "ripped off" anyone; they would just be recording what had been passed through the generations.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I mean WOA!

You folks realize that's of HISTORICAL PROPORTIONS!

Like finding the El Dorado, or the Holy Grail, or something. Uruk was only a legend all up until now... and GILGAMESH! The son of the Annunaki!

What's going to happen if they open this tomb???

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

news.bbc.co.uk...

I have been wondering if since IRAQ is now US occupied if we would not begin to see some of it's true treasures unearthed and a better picture of our history revealed.

Although this does fall under the whole project blue-beam timetable of announcing what we know about history is wrong! LOL Makes me wonder what is "Hiding" in IRAN that we are no doubt after...no not oil...
edit on 1-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Some treasures have been destroyed by the war too! Don't try to see a good side in this occupation, there isn't much.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Gil looks like he is holding a Kitty Kitty but it is a lion...makes me wonder of the stature of such a person. Where they really that big or was this a depiction making them seem larger than life sort of like what we do to sports heroes or Movie stars. One thing that also intrigued me was the definition in the muscles especially the leg muscles.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Somewhat embarrassing to see this thread about essentially nothing -- given Uruk was discovered in the 19th Century and the alleged "new" tomb is based on an article from a decade ago -- at the very top of ATS.

Critical thinking does not mean clicking on a link that attracts your interest, quickly scanning the first post, then making sweeping grandiose generalizations about your own particular cracked hobby horse.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

This is what I asked few posts above yours and no one is is noticing that this article/news are from 2003. Was anything else in addition that they located?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
On the first picture, it looks like he's wearing a wrist watch.

Don't be silly, they weren't advanced enough for wrist watches! It's obviously a teleportation device

BTW, that sure looks like a Sphinx gripping his leg....

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join