It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilgamesh Tomb Believed Found at Uruk!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The bbc article is form 2003!!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Legendary!!! So awesome! Mmmmmm so some myths were true after all??? Dun dun dun who'd a thunk?

I was just about to post the same thing. It seems as though we are coming into an age where we rediscover our ancient past, the one that pre-dates the Bible. Now if only we could get some of those top secret submarine maps of the worlds ocean floor from the Navy.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

There you go, thanks someone is paying attention!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This is great news, Iraq is still the most mysterious place on earth with too many unexplained, unaccepted history to be properly investigated.

Finally some news about that part of the world.

Thanx Arken, you have made my day.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Yes, this discovery was made in 2003. I missed this in my excitement over any Uruk news, as did Arken (by the look of things).

However, this was pointed out politely at the bottom of page 1. As we are now on page 7, is there any need to continually point this out? As opposed to, say, actually contributing to the thread?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Yes, this discovery was made in 2003. I missed this in my excitement over any Uruk news, as did Arken (by the look of things).

However, this was pointed out politely at the bottom of page 1. As we are now on page 7, is there any need to continually point this out? As opposed to, say, actually contributing to the thread?

contributing to the thread. i pointed out the bbc article from 2003, on my stargates are real thread, many years ago. guess the fact the thread is 300 + pages long, kinda hides that factoid. imagine my surprise to see it posted here today as if it were new info. lol

anyway, contributing is easy. getting people to read the contribution is apparently the problem. can't begin to tell you how many people read the first and last page of the stargates are real thread and had no idea about the gilgamesh find or many other points of interest mentioned in the thread. so if'n you're bored and short on material, just read the thread and you're sure to come up with even more interesting pieces of news people either don't know about or couldn't be bothered to read unless it has its own headline

yeah, it doesn't help the thread is callled STARGATES ARE REAL, but what can i say, that's what i thought they were digging for in iraq.

edit on 1-3-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Honor to the King!

I'll spit on that king, you're honoring a damned demon. Gigamesh was a nephilim and they were eating humans and drinking our blood when we couldn't sustain them with crops. Thats why YHVH destroyed them. Half human hybrids of fallen angels.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Honor to the King!

I'll spit on that king, you're honoring a damned demon. Gigamesh was a nephilim and they were eating humans and drinking our blood when we couldn't sustain them with crops. Thats why YHVH destroyed them. Half human hybrids of fallen angels.

^^above info gleaned from a reading of the book of enoch, which states the (nephilim) giants, called the watchers in the text, descended to mount hermon (yes descended from the sky to the top of mount hermon). they took (abducted) human women and impregnated them with hybrids.

Chapter 7

1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one,
and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms
2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they
3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed
4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against
5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and
6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

www.piney.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Do you actually believe there was a race of giants 6,000 feet tall? Do you have any idea how much one such giant would need to consume? Do you have any idea how unsuited the human frame is to support that much weight?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

ide be greatly interesed to know how much food a giant of such stature could consume, hypothetically, do you ,djw tink theres enough of us on the planet to sedate their hungers , of say a small* visiting troop?

*used in the loosest sence

suspensionofdisbeliefBox

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by undo

Do you actually believe there was a race of giants 6,000 feet tall? Do you have any idea how much one such giant would need to consume? Do you have any idea how unsuited the human frame is to support that much weight?

i think that's one of the reasons it wasn't accepted as canon of the bible.
it seems a mistranslation and may in fact, be mixed up with even older data and perhaps have relevant data missing from it.

for example, they landed on mount hermon. landed, descended down to earth. clearly they weren't just flying around by flapping their arms. perhaps it was their space vehicles that were that tall. this is the problem with older texts, specifically.

another possibility is, it's referring to a cave men vs. dinosaurs scenario. dinosaurs would not only be big enough to eat up large amounts of trees and plants in great quantity, but also if meat eaters, would have no problem munching on humans.

and one other possibility, although it may not be as well supported in ancient texts or info about the ancient world, is something equivalent to large robotic suits, used by normal sized entities.

there's a few different possible explanations, including that they mistranslated the word "to fall down", such as fall down from the sky, to be the equivalent of "giant" and i don't know why that would be. why is it fall down and giant are synonymous in ancient hebrew. makes no sense. well there's the possibility the gravity of the planet grew to be too strong for the dinosaurs to remain erect and they fell down and couldn't get back up.

too many possible answers for just that one topic

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

ide be greatly interesed to know how much food a giant of such stature could consume, hypothetically, do you ,djw tink theres enough of us on the planet to sedate their hungers , of say a small* visiting troop?

Good question. Rather than be rigorous about it, let's just do a "cocktail napkin" calculation. An adult male requires about 2,550 calories per day. Scaling that up by a factor of 1,000 (in actuality, it would be greater as the mass would increase with the cube of the height) we see that a giant that size would require 2,550,000 calories per day. This is the equivalent of 2,241 pounds of roast beef. Assuming the average cow weighs 1,000 pounds, this is 2 1/4 cows per day.

Edit to add: Given a more realistic scaling figure, we're talking a mile high creature would need to eat 250 cows a day.
edit on 1-3-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2013 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

did you correct for conservation of energy in larger animals? like a mouse eats alot more food per ounce of weight, than an elephant does, although an elephant eats more mass, it doesn't eat as much per ounce of its weight as a mouse.

also, read my post above.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is great news for our history. I just did a search for the museum involved and came up with this for 2013...

www.smb.museum...

Interesting find by the way

Oh, surprisingly nothing that I could spot about Gilgamesh??
edit on 1/3/13 by Mistaron because: Sent incomplete

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

sounds like quite a bit of flatulence to me dj , no wonder they dont exist here. could you imagine all that meat being digested?. your math is as bad as mine btw
maybe you should employ bistomaths also to the "napkin equation" , undo

funBox

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
You know that the religious community are going to be extremely nervous about this. That's all they need is more writings to prove the Bible was ripped off of Sumerian text.

Nonsense. The Bible and book of Enoch all say this stuff, and every other culture also documented the same flood and the same kinds of 'gods' from a different perspective. The Bible also mentions fallen angels decending form the heavens and impregnating women and animals, giving rise to Nephilim, and Raphaim, may with animal/human features foudn in all summerian, egyptian, greek, Hindu, etc cultures...i.e all had examples of half human half animal and several all human looking giants, many of these nephilm also had wings.... just like their parent fallen angels. The only difference between all of the other pagan cultures which document floods and claim such gods, it is only the Bible and more explicitly detailed, The Book of Enoch, which tells us they were fallen angels who interbred and gave rise to such civilisations, before all those nephilim and fallen angels were banished into the abyss, until they will be allowed one last stand and to be allowed to be unleashed from the abyss in the end times, when anti-christ will fool the world coming as an 'alien god' 'messiah' with a short false peace taking over the church, and one world government, as in line with St.malachy's prophecy about the popes, and then the real second coming shall occur when the 'returning gods' turn nasty and oppress mankind and try and force a 'mark of the beats' upon everyone in the form of possibly a microchip so they cannor work or buy or sell without it...

we shall see.

search on youtube for '111 movie' and play the first thing that appears at the top of the list.
edit on 1-3-2013 by 00777 because: missed out a quote..

edit on 1-3-2013 by 00777 because: incorrect grammer

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Honor to the King!

The biblical YHVH is nothing more than a nephew of EN.KI and EN.LIL.

Same blood, same brood. Only a different "Rebel House".

And however, We, as human kind, are the Hybrid race.

edit on 1-3-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What an amazing find!
That makes two lost kings found(assuming they find Gilgamesh) in a couple months.
Great news

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 00777

Funny you should mention that, I have been told by various sources over the years, mostly those of Masonic persuasion that there is already a man doing just that, claiming being an alien and messiah, he reportedly got 'otherworldly' information from another source and is claiming it as his own and is behind a lot of the terrible decisions being made in the world. Word has it that the police and governments are involved and he has even duped them, I was told that the Christian Church has some involvement in it also and the seat of it is in the UK. I believe there is at least a high percentage of truth in this, those that told me had reason to believe it as true and they had some involvement.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pressthebutton

Actually this one is from 2003, so not a new find but there is an exhibition on it this year, link near the beginning of the thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join