It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilgamesh Tomb Believed Found at Uruk!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by frenzy4444
reply to post by undo

Bingo could not of said it any better my friend lol I was nergal back than and with enlil we stopped them many times. But hay not every time

stopped who?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Enlil and nergal were good guys the cabal says we were not.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Stop enki and the other annunaki. The big change came with destruction of Maldek t. The refugees came to earth 13000 years ago. We were not use to their systems and bit by bit they infested our world which also lead to the 2nd Great War of Atlantis vs lemuria

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

Enlil and nergal were good guys the cabal says we were not.

oh, how so? examples please.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Because I am nergal my friend. Let me help you some more i was nergal in a past incarnation. My friend was enki. We are both pa-tal my friend in our true form.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

I sometimes write little bits on ats only because I hope more people see it so they can see the bigger picture but most of the spiritual heavy weights lol are not here my friend but yes a lot are on earth as we speak

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Arken

Guys Gilgamesh was not annunaki, yes he the epic hero but he hated the annunaki. Enki was the bad reptilian boss of the annunaki back then.

Hi frenzy.

The sumerian tablets tell a different story.
The sumerian god, En.ki. was exactly the one who alert Noha and saved the humanity from the flood.
And according to the sumerian tablets, he is the "creator of humankind" on this planet.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I recall reading about this back when it happened.

There was a thread about it too when I had another screen name that I since forgot and couldn't log in so created a new one.

Still an interesting archaeological find and the exhibition should be good for those interested in such things as I am.

Did you say you seen the article on the BBC website RECENTLY? I couldn't see it but would be interested just how this is being promoted now.

previous Gilgamesh find thread

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Awesome discovery at Uruk in Iraq...

And i have discovered that you, my good sir, very often make awesome threads! Thank you for that, and please do keep them coming...

Regarding origins of man, and the earlier posts of supposedly smuggled findings and smithsonian supression, something in my gut (no, not them icecold brews) always told me that there is more to the story than the commercial mainstream mantras and versions of counterterrorism (or even the theory of oilgreed). Play with the thought. Could there be more to the warstory here, touching upon stuff that could alter the induced mainstream history of origins?
The stuff that just could shake the fundaments of organized religion, as an instrument of fear and power to keep the masses under control? That would, if so, be a serious jab to the jaw of TPTB.

The search for our beginning could lead to our end. Our end of ignorance. ;-)

Take care, and have a great weekend, Arken and all.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

Hiya Stirling.. i assure you that there is no connection with the Annunaki (who are phenomenally lied about/misrepresented in current "AA" theories, horribly so) and Gilgamesh - i've read different translations of the Gilgamesh tablets many many times, it just is not there.
if anyone can point me to a credible translation of Gilgamesh (rather than excerpts in a book about aliens/mysteries etc) with a flying alien gold hunting annunaki (etc) connection, i'll run down my street butt-naked shouting about aliens living in my penis. and have it filmed and posted here.
i'm that sure

edit on 28-2-2013 by skalla because: cos i is crap and typing and that

You have no idea how I tried to find that information...

Fortunately for you, Im not into "stuff" passed off as historical fact.
It was interesting though and I looked pretty hard for any recent news. Nothing of note about the tomb really, but some pretty awesome though sparse information out there recently!
www.pasthorizonspr.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

I got sidetracked from Gilgamesh when looking into different Assyriologists and found some pretty interesting stuff, but most of the news dropped down as far as discoveries and etc about 2006.
Who knows if we will ever hear more about the tomb in the OP.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Where is our traditional ATS rationale on this topic? When I saw the timeline I immediatley thought this was the reson we really invaded Iraq.

Deutsches Archäologisches Institut has a website I found when I looked up Jorg Fassbinder on google. Front page has the following:

Uruk (Warka): Structural organization of an ancient near-eastern capital

Research on the urban development of the metropolis of the legendary king Gilgamesh (5th m. BC - 4th c. AD)

31° 19' 31.0224" N, 45° 38' 10.5648" E

See map: Geonavigation

Uruk is situated c. 300 km south of Baghdad, around 15 km east of Samawa in the ancient settlement area between Euphrates and Tigris.

Background

Methods of the older research:
The architecture of Uruk was generally built with mud-bricks, and thus rarely well preserved. Often only the foundations of buildings were discernible. These architectural remains were found in many superimposed strata, and thus their careful excavation and the analysis of individual architectural layers became the methodological focus of the excavations in Uruk.

I believe neo-cons wanted to stop the possibility of finding artifacts or evidence of any contradictions to the commonly accepted Christian Beliefs based upon the King James Bible and the Vatican may have been in cohoots as well!!

Of course we can visit their Contacts and call people on the team and ask what they have learned in the last decade since the invasion and subsequent insurgency, if anything. I'll try to get around to it on one of my days off since its international calling. If anyone else, maybe our European community members decides they want to as well, here have a field day. Maybe if enough of us inquire they will take some more action and update their journals or whatever, which they have access to some on the website.

Directorate I
PD Dr. phil. Karin Bartl
Orient Department/ Damascus Branch of the Orient Department
Director
Vorderasiatische Altertumskunde

8, Malki Street
Damascus-Malki
+963/11/374 9812-0 +963/11/3749813-0
+963/11/374 9812-9, +963/11/3749813-9 (Fax)
email
to profile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Ricardo Eichmann
Orient Department
Erster Direktor
Vorderasiatische Archäologie

Podbielskiallee 69-71
14195 Berlin
+49-(0)30-187711-0
+49-(0)30-187711-189 (Fax)
email
to profile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directorate II
Dr. phil. Dr. h.c. Margarete van Ess
Orient Department/ Baghdad Branch of the Orient Department
Orient Department
Kommissarische Leitung der Außenstelle Baghdad
Bibliothek
Vorderasiatische Altertumskunde
Podbielskiallee 69-71
14195 Berlin
03018-7711-0
03018-7711-189 (Fax)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scientific Staff
Dr. phil. Franziska Bloch
Orient Department/ Damascus Branch of the Orient Department
Islamic Archaeology
Podbielskiallee 69-71
14195 Berlin

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
You know that the religious community are going to be extremely nervous about this. That's all they need is more writings to prove the Bible was ripped off of Sumerian text.

They have other things to currently worry about.

check the recent news.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Hopechest
You know that the religious community are going to be extremely nervous about this. That's all they need is more writings to prove the Bible was ripped off of Sumerian text.

They have other things to currently worry about.

check the recent news.

as a person who believes in jesus and not the pope, i'm not remotely worried about a pope retiring.

check reality.

edit on 1-3-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

what had me interested in the whole process going on there during the war on terror, was not so much what they were doing once they got there, but what saddam was doing before they got there. that alone piqued my interest, particularly in light of revelation 9. (which see)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

i'm a researcher on the topic of anunnaki / anunna. the truth is, from what i can tell, it's not entirely the way it is presented by sitchin and it's not entirely the way it is presented by mainstream. in effect, what we are offered from both sides, are extreme positions that require ignoring the rest of the information. this happens because both sides have a stranglehold on their world view and will not let it melty bendy even a tiny bit, in order to come to grips with what the texts actually say.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
If this turns out to be true,It could be one of the greatest discoveries of our time.
hopefully more of this story will unfold in the public eye and not be swept under the carpet.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by Arken

Thanks Flavian. I'm really excited, by this incredible news. I really can't wait.....
I want know more and soooooooooon.

How is this 'news' if the date on the article you posted is 10yrs ago? Where is the NEW information?

This thread is actually very disappointing

edit on 1-3-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That is a great picture in the OP of Gilgamesh holding what looks like a lion as if were the size of just a little overgrown house cat, I also like his wristwatch...do you think he bought it at the mall?

I loved this story when I was in college, had to write an extra long term paper on it, I could not believe or understand how the whole story is a poem.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding ignorant.... Sitchin would have a field day with this! Hahaha...ahhhh...ah...yeh

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail
At the risk of sounding ignorant.... Sitchin would have a field day with this! Hahaha...ahhhh...ah...yeh

this was already in the news, before sitchin died. in fact, several years before sitchin died. it was originally listed on bbc back in 2003
news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join