It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilgamesh Tomb Believed Found at Uruk!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by undo

No I believe you. I think they are simply using the word. Like the car called "mustang" or "jaguar" or a sports team called the"spartans".

i can see why you might believe that, and there's certainly precedent for that type of naming convention in ancient texts but considering the context of the passage, it seems to be applicable in the sense of some gibborim were good, and some gibborim were not good. since it was also in david's lifetime that he fought some other famous gibborim. (if we use the word gibborim in this case to mean "giant" or powerful in some way. this is where i think the original meaning of the word starts becoming more specific and specialized and not as complicated (i think the original application said a whole bunch of stuff in just a few consonants), since we have og of bashan as a reference for the concept of large in stature)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Anyone with a thirst for knowledge who is not blinded by their religion already knows this. The others couldnt care less and will disregard this the same way they disregard the Rosetta stone or the gospel of Thomas or Mary Magdalene. They dont care to be enlightend They only want to go on believing what they have been told to believe. Anything else just wont matter to them.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
On the first picture, it looks like he's wearing a wrist watch.

Oh don't say that. We'll have a whole lot of loonies using that as a way of justifying their belief in ancient aliens all over again.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by undo

No I believe you. I think they are simply using the word. Like the car called "mustang" or "jaguar" or a sports team called the"spartans".

i can see why you might believe that, and there's certainly precedent for that type of naming convention in ancient texts but considering the context of the passage, it seems to be applicable in the sense of some gibborim were good, and some gibborim were not good. since it was also in david's lifetime that he fought some other famous gibborim. (if we use the word gibborim in this case to mean "giant" or powerful in some way. this is where i think the original meaning of the word starts becoming more specific and specialized and not as complicated (i think the original application said a whole bunch of stuff in just a few consonants), since we have og of bashan as a reference for the concept of large in stature)

yea and there were some other tribes around there known for their largness. Well I can keep an open mind. Whos knows if what you say is the case, maybe they joined David after goliath was killed out of respect for David over this. maybe they figured the philistines were on their way out so they merced for David although it sounds like something more than mercenary.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Why would we have not been told? Anything that can add to our knowledge of past civilizations, anything that adds to our history would be revealed if it was verifiable. Since there is no new news about this it confirms that there is nothing to the story not that it is being hidden. Gosh is everything a conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Hopechest

Anyone with a thirst for knowledge who is not blinded by their religion already knows this. The others couldnt care less and will disregard this the same way they disregard the Rosetta stone or the gospel of Thomas or Mary Magdalene. They dont care to be enlightend They only want to go on believing what they have been told to believe. Anything else just wont matter to them.

What we are really working with on a subject like this is blindness form many areas. Folks like to jump on the hebrew rip off idea without ever understanding that Abraham was from Ur to beginn with. At best it looks like two ideas that came out of the same cloth. All we know from the litature dug up is another version was present at the time of abraham and that abraham passed down a diffrent version......from the same area.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

OMG Dogma spreading as truth. This is a world of science, things that can be proven while faith is a dirty word saying believe this so I can control your mind and dont you dare question us or you will go to hell (be punished). You might as well have a god in the electrical outlet. If there were so much truth in the Bible then why was so much of it edited out? Those parts werent true? Constantinople knew which ones would support the apotheosis of Jesus and which ones would show him to be mortal and he edited out what he did not want included. Oh and he was of pagan beliefs only wanting to unite Rome under one religion. He saw which one was gaining popularity and endorsed that one. Knowledge real knowledge is your friend. But you go ahead and have faith.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

personally, i think jesus was cleopatra's son and that she faked her own death, and after having sent him to israel via the silk route, met him there a short time later and that she is the "virgin". that would make him the last pharaoh of egypt, and also would've qualified him as the heir of the roman empire (via julius before he was assassinated) the heir of the egyptian empire via cleo, and the heir of the throne of israel, via his ptolemy bloodline from king david. in effect, he was israel's messiah figure, a single man from the bloodline of david, who inherited the rulership of the entire planet.
edit on 1-3-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I see several comments about the image from the OP, particularly the wrist bracelets;

Let's remember this is an Assyrian depiction of Gilgamesh, done in an Assyrian hairstyle and Assyrian dress - the real Gilgamesh would have looked nothing like this and Sumerians in general dressed and styled in a completely different fashion.

Examples of Sumerian dress and style;

The last image was from a later dynastic period and is of King Gudea. What is very typical of Sumerian poses is the hands clasped in front, in attitude of prayer.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
On the first picture, it looks like he's wearing a wrist watch.

Don't be silly, they weren't advanced enough for wrist watches! It's obviously a teleportation device

He probably just looked at his cell phone if he needed to know what time it was. Because he always liked to show up on time for any meetings.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Cool cheese and all...But you know the moto of this site...Pictures or it does not exist. I would think that if they found this in 2003 there may be something by now. But then again, who knows right? Ah good old Gilgamesh, doer of great deeds, slayer of monster animal and possibly mineral, also had a great aim with any weapon, including that most dangerous of weapons that is known as a wet fish. I think in the story he slapped one of the goddesses with a fish, or threw it at her, to keep her away from him or some such.
So on what page is his tomb at? Or is this one of those things were we will hear a snipit of and then "pooof" nothing again for another 6 or so years when somebody else rediscovers this story through this thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Notice in the Gilgamesh statue he is holding what appears to be a Lion Cub? I find that very interesting and wonder what symbology it has. Mabye he had a pet Lion.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

That's not a cub, the symbology is that in the stories/tale he liked to chase the local wildlife away from time to time so the farmers and shepherds could do there thing in peace, its how some of his popularity spread. Apparently the dude ate all his greens and did not skip on the spinach which allowed him to grow to quite a size, that and he was one third god/beings from the sky place, or some such.
edit on 1-3-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

gilgamesh wasn't really sumerian.
even enmerkar was akkadian and he came before gilgamesh.
references to scorpion men protecting the gates of mt. mashu in the epic, suggest he's babylonian.

the timeline is like this:

pre-flood egypt
ubaid
sumer
---------------black sea flood----------------------
pre-dynastic/post flood egypt
akkad
late akkad
dynastic egypt simultaneous with
early babylon
babylon
assyria

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
this is what sumerian rulers looked like

-----------NONE OF THESE WERE SUMERIAN---------

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

the reason he is so tall, is the annunaki actually picked sasquatch to mix their genes with due to it being the smartest hominid they found. for many generations we remained huge, designed for labor and work by the annunaki who i'm assuming were greys
reply to post by hisshadow

Seriously? if in fact they were giants I doubt they were as tall as some has quoted.

Yes seriously. Why is that so hard for you to imagine? I mean its not like there are 1000s of ancient stories and ancient giant bones as evidence or anything. See the link below. (It's all I could find in a hurry but I am sure there is a lot more information out there about it)

www.6000years.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

What is very typical of Sumerian poses is the hands clasped in front, in attitude of prayer.

How is it that we know this? Is this something we learned from their writings? Or is it something assumed by archaeologists? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok for all those who are coming into the thread illuminating the fact that the article is ten years old, that has already been established. I will re-post my earlier response in which I listed the contact information for the teams involved including phone numbers, email, and others of the lot. Its all based in berlin though so if your not from Europe it may cost a little bit in international calling. I will try to get around to calling myself tomorrow but I dont know much about German work culture so I am not sure if I will be able to contact anyone in the actual scientific team on a Saturday.

Originally posted by DYepes

Where is our traditional ATS rationale on this topic? When I saw the timeline I immediatley thought this was the reson we really invaded Iraq.

Deutsches Archäologisches Institut has a website I found when I looked up Jorg Fassbinder on google. Front page has the following:

Uruk (Warka): Structural organization of an ancient near-eastern capital

Research on the urban development of the metropolis of the legendary king Gilgamesh (5th m. BC - 4th c. AD)

31° 19' 31.0224" N, 45° 38' 10.5648" E

See map: Geonavigation

Uruk is situated c. 300 km south of Baghdad, around 15 km east of Samawa in the ancient settlement area between Euphrates and Tigris.

Background

Methods of the older research:
The architecture of Uruk was generally built with mud-bricks, and thus rarely well preserved. Often only the foundations of buildings were discernible. These architectural remains were found in many superimposed strata, and thus their careful excavation and the analysis of individual architectural layers became the methodological focus of the excavations in Uruk.

I believe neo-cons wanted to stop the possibility of finding artifacts or evidence of any contradictions to the commonly accepted Christian Beliefs based upon the King James Bible and the Vatican may have been in cohoots as well!!

Of course we can visit their Contacts and call people on the team and ask what they have learned in the last decade since the invasion and subsequent insurgency, if anything. I'll try to get around to it on one of my days off since its international calling. If anyone else, maybe our European community members decides they want to as well, here have a field day. Maybe if enough of us inquire they will take some more action and update their journals or whatever, which they have access to some on the website.

Directorate I
PD Dr. phil. Karin Bartl
Orient Department/ Damascus Branch of the Orient Department
Director
Vorderasiatische Altertumskunde

8, Malki Street
Damascus-Malki
+963/11/374 9812-0 +963/11/3749813-0
+963/11/374 9812-9, +963/11/3749813-9 (Fax)
email
to profile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prof. Dr. Ricardo Eichmann
Orient Department
Erster Direktor
Vorderasiatische Archäologie

Podbielskiallee 69-71
14195 Berlin
+49-(0)30-187711-0
+49-(0)30-187711-189 (Fax)
email
to profile
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Directorate II
Dr. phil. Dr. h.c. Margarete van Ess
Orient Department/ Baghdad Branch of the Orient Department
Orient Department
Kommissarische Leitung der Außenstelle Baghdad
Bibliothek
Vorderasiatische Altertumskunde
Podbielskiallee 69-71
14195 Berlin
03018-7711-0
03018-7711-189 (Fax)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scientific Staff
Dr. phil. Franziska Bloch
Orient Department/ Damascus Branch of the Orient Department
Islamic Archaeology
Podbielskiallee 69-71
14195 Berlin

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

What is very typical of Sumerian poses is the hands clasped in front, in attitude of prayer.

How is it that we know this? Is this something we learned from their writings? Or is it something assumed by archaeologists? Just curious.

it's not sumerian, clasping hands in front.
that's akkad or later.
sumerian statuary was a pharaonic pose (see below. added color and texture to show the artistic connection), unless it was female, then it was usually with a babe in arms.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
First, I agree with Karen.

Second, Gilgamesh is = NIMROD!

I have proofs. you can read it all on www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com
you can start with contact 980303 "Calvin Burgin:the worldline heptameron part IV in a series p.18

The other series you can find on the searchbox under same name, the worldline heptameron
or, phoenix journals no 224.

Gilgamesh wasn't a good guy. He was popular with the ladies though.
And for you that want to know the truth about the bible(no truth) it contains ALOT in all series.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join