It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Student Punished for Refusing to Salute and Recite Mexican Pledge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Well if you want to learn how to speak spanish correctly you sure as hell don't teach or learn mexican. You do realize that the mexican language differ so much through out mexico that even mexican natives cannot fluently speak to others in different parts of the country. Example. A mexican from the yucutan will not be able to speak fluently to a mexican in say northern mexico. SO why o earth should anybody learning spanish have to learn anything about mexico. Especially since they are one of the worst examples of spanish. IT's clearly about nationalism towards mexico. I say it's treason to recite a pledge to another country. The teacher knows it is too and has an agenda. ANd finally to be honest. It's also quite possible that the teacher is a moron too. I mean a whole life to live the only thing the teacher can do with them self is teach spanish. Thats shooting pretty high there. Probably not capable of doing anything else with their lives. Every spanish teacher I had growing up, And I went to private schools was a full blown idiot. One literally thought and taught the students that Mexico invented the Pizza and went on to describe the taco. Taught that Mexico first colonized hawaii. and berated a stuent because the student didn't know what BMW stood for, and then proceeded to explain that BMW stands for British Motor Works (which it doesn't) But he was adamant about all of these Facts. SO the guy was clearly a moron. The other spanish teachers I had were not much brighter and equally sure that what they were teaching was the shiznitte.nnIf you really want to help out the world teach a language thats not being phased out of humanities existence. Like english. Don't dumb them down by teaching spanish. The language although still opular is going the way of the dodo.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I dont see why the teacher didnt just give her a lengthier assignment that entailed different text. Its not like the assignment was to recite don Quijote or something that was classical literature.....

It boils down to the "authority" getting ticked off because the kid had personal discretion. If the point is to learn spanish, then give her a harder task that she would not object to as a personal conflict of ethos.

It is just wrong.

edit on 1-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The teacher had to give the student an alternate assignment. It was on the Independence of Mexico. The teacher gave the fluently spanish speaking student, who has a mother who came from Mexico, and 'F' on that assignment and then forced the student to sit in the classroom and listen to all the other spanish students recite the Mexican Pledge.

Now someone tell me that doesn't smack of 'agenda'?
I double dog dare ya'll to try to say that it doesn't.
Common sense says it does.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I suggest you read the thread.

The fluently speaking spanish student wasn't required to 'recite some spanish'. She was required to make the Mexican Pledge. And instead of being allowed to opt out of it, like all students are allowed to opt out of the American pledge, she was given a bad treatment and a failing grade by her teacher of hispanic heritage.

So is this a daily pledge?? Do they have to offer servitude to Mexico?

Or is it, as I said, just reciting some Spanish... Spanish you may not like... but just Spanish all the same.
Nobody should have to pledge to ANYTHING on a daily basis, but if you;re on a course and want to pass, you should do every task, even if that means Pledging to something in order to learn a language.

So yeah.... your usual nationalistic crap aside, this is just a person refusing to speak Spanish in a class, that's all it is.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Excellent point. The teacher could have for one minte given up on their agenda and made the students learn say a poem in spanish. Or convert a popular english song into spanish lyrics. Heck even have them recite the american anthem and pledge in spanish.

But to recite the mexican pledge of allegiance is just shady and plain wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
The student should have just recited the pledge.

No. It's her right not to have to recite a pledge she disagrees with. The school even said it's the right of students not to recite the American pledge. She stood for what she believes is correct .. and what the laws of the school even say are correct.

Now she failed her alternative assignment and wants to sue the school district?

She was given an 'F' by the hispanic spanish teacher on an assignment that the girl easily could have passed. It's obviously a suspicious 'F'.

Shes just being a brat.

The TEACHER is being a brat. Not the student who is sticking up for her rights.

Its normal to learn about other countries and traditions when taking another language.

That doesn't include having to memorize the pledge to other countries.
That's excessive.

I'm with the teacher and this girl is an idiot.

The student is an idiot for standing up for what she believes in. The student is an idiot for holding the school to follow the rules equally for all students. yeah ... right.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

so if it was a theology class and your children were forced to recite a prayer from the Koran which dedicated their souls to Allah, would you object if they were uncomfortable doing so?

You would force them to?

What if a grammar teacher made them practice their linguistic skills describing ways to hurt their parents using unique and uncommon words, would you force them to?

Just words huh.....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
just reciting some Spanish...

What is 'just spanish' to you is not 'just spanish' to someone else.
It's just like what the previous poster said about having to say a prayer in theology class.
This student felt strongly about it.
And the school laws stated that she shouldn't have to say the pledge.

you should do every task, even if that means Pledging to something in order to learn a language.

Guess you didn't read the thread, eh? The student is hispanic and is FLUENT in spanish. She already knows the language.

your usual nationalistic crap aside,

:shk:

this is just a person refusing to speak Spanish in a class, that's all it is.

OBVIOUSLY it's a lot more than that.
edit on 3/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

No thats NOT all this is. Its a student refusing to take a oath and pledge to a foreign nation. Plane and simple. The teacher and the school obviously don't understand american laws and rights. Or they do and they don't care because they have a anti american nationalistic agenda.

Good for this girl. At least she gets it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
if it turns out the teacher was a full blown member of la raza indoctrinating her students to take mcallen back in the name of mexico well then i'll be a monkeys uncle.

You can contact the school district and ask them if you are a monkey's uncle or not.
See if the teacher will admit to being a La Raza member or sympathizer ...

ETA .. I listed the school information but then decided to edit it out.
I think it was okay ... but not sure ....
edit on 3/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

so if it was a theology class and your children were forced to recite a prayer from the Koran which dedicated their souls to Allah, would you object if they were uncomfortable doing so?

You would force them to?

Well obviously both of your examples are just stupid but anyway...

Having done religious studies at a Catholic School, I had to say prayers and learn lines and wear clothing of several different religions.

Nowhere does this pledge ask for people's souls so your question is just stupid.

What if a grammar teacher made them practice their linguistic skills describing ways to hurt their parents using unique and uncommon words, would you force them to?

Just words huh.....

Again.... just stupid.

Straw Man

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't think the USA still existed - wasn't it turned into a GLOBALIST WHOREDOM, decades ago?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
THIS IS EVEN MORE DISTURBING THAN WE THOUGHT ....

WFAA Dallas

Students stood with right arms straight out and palms down, which is how the school district says Mexicans say their pledge.

Calling the lesson "un-American," Brinsdon recorded the class, which occurred the week of Mexico's Independence Day and also the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

The teacher also told students to memorize and recite the the pledge individually. And when the time came for the part of the assignment to sing Mexico's national anthem, Brinsdon again refused.

So ... the teacher is hispanic ... it's her first year teaching Spanish 3 .... it's the start of the school year (mid September) .... and the teacher starts out with the students having to STAND WITH RIGHT ARMS STRAIGHT OUT AND PALMS DOWN and make the pledge to Mexico during the week of Mexico's Independence Day.

Sieg Heil Mexico.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Oh yes... sorry, I forgot.

It's the government.... I always forget about the evil government who are out to get us and kill us and brainwash us and take away our freedoms and so on.

Silly me.

This teacher was probably a plant by the government, sent to turn children Mexican and thus dilute their Amercan-ness and make them easier to enslave when their plans are enacted for total domination.
They are just readying the FEMA camps and death trains and still tweaking the vaccines to mind-control everyone, and then they will roll out their "Final Solution"

The Mexican Pledge Solution" Dun dun duuuun!!!

There will be a teacher in every School ready to pervert your child's mind and coerce them to the dark side of North America... by getting them all reciting the Mexican Pledge... which actually has a secret code, not dissimilar to the bible code, about the NWO and Illuminati and about how the population control will be completed by 2020 through Tacos and Burritos and similar snacks!!

ZOMG!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I went to catholic school my entire time in school. You must have went to some shady catholic school or are a liar.

That goes against policy. They are to teach Catholic doctrine in Catholic schools. That is why your parents pay so much tuition. They really couldnt care less if you understand Muslims or Jews, or anyone else. They charge your parents so as to teach you about Catholicism and make sure you know enough to get your sacraments.

You do learn about other cultures and their practices, but in history or other classes. Any teacher would get fired for forcing another faith´s prayers on a Catholic student.

I am having a hard time believing you. That and you are rude.

EDIT:

Nowhere does this pledge ask for people's souls so your question is just stupid.

No not the ether of their souls, just the ether of their allegiance.

You can make this into a joke because that is all you have left. Your "arguments" are weak. Your Insults are a good sign for me as far as how you are doing with this conversation BTW.......

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Well obviously both of your examples are just stupid but anyway...

Well obviously there is more to this than a student just not wanting to speak spanish.

The student was within her rights to refuse the assignment.
The teacher was out of line to require it.
There obviously is an agenda on the part of the teacher.

edit on 3/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling ... (man .. I'm typo'ing a lot today!)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Oh yes... sorry, I forgot.

It's the government.... I always forget about the evil government who are out to get us and kill us and brainwash us and take away our freedoms and so on.

Silly me.

This teacher was probably a plant by the government, sent to turn children Mexican and thus dilute their Amercan-ness and make them easier to enslave when their plans are enacted for total domination.
They are just readying the FEMA camps and death trains and still tweaking the vaccines to mind-control everyone, and then they will roll out their "Final Solution"

The Mexican Pledge Solution" Dun dun duuuun!!!

There will be a teacher in every School ready to pervert your child's mind and coerce them to the dark side of North America... by getting them all reciting the Mexican Pledge... which actually has a secret code, not dissimilar to the bible code, about the NWO and Illuminati and about how the population control will be completed by 2020 through Tacos and Burritos and similar snacks!!

ZOMG!!!

Can't stop laughing!!!! couple of co-workers just told me to keep quite lol....

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Well my school was free, wasn't in the USSA and probably wasn't as militant as your I guess.
I remember having to wear a little Jewish hat on the back of my head (you see how much I learned at school, I don't even remember the name) and learning also about Jewish festivities and prayers.

I couldn't care less what your school was like or what you learned or whether you believe me or not, and as for being rude... no ruder than the ignorance and stupid national pride on display in this thread.

Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Can't stop laughing!!!! couple of co-workers just told me to keep quite lol....

Well honestly, that's how paranoid and stupid these people sound.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

indeed, pathetic....

you took the words right our of my mind...

your hostile and ignorant words are detrimental to actual debate.

Your free school was then a public school. So your "experience" is limited as far as my example. SO, You are then in a position to listen and be quiet so as to learn and let learn instead of speak and make pronouncements concerning what you have no idea about.

Everything about your last post by the way, reeks of lies.

ALSO
this is about an American school. Why would you think that your OPINION about the American system of education is qualified to pass judgement over an American who went through that education system? You are not even from here.

Yet another example of you not knowing what the hell you are talking about. Do you even know why as Americans we find this offensive? NO. You just want to insult us where ever you can. That is your real purpose here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join