It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Malware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Foxnews has been freezes my IE 9 and Google chrome browsers running windows 7 on 3 of my computers. When clean booted I go to Fox News my system freezes for 5 secs or more then beeps and dose not release the mouse until it beeps. Anyone else ever notice this behavior.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Probably some badly written flash adverts, so get some sort of adblocker and it'll probably go away

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I've never had that problem and I hit up Fox quite a few times a day to check for fresh news.

Never had that particular problem with any other sites either except for Yahoo when it throws those stupid videos you don't want to watch at you.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Why would you want to go to Fox news for news anyway?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I have thought about bad flash ads too but i only have this problem with fox...... only thing i can thing of other then that is my IP servers cache server somehow locking my system up until it caches the site. Anyone know how i could check this. The cache server is a great way to keep information for cretin people.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Why would you want to go to Fox news for news anyway?

I need all the news so i can read between the lines

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpio9gm

mozilla based browser w/ no scrip ... problem solved.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i don't know what your cussin' about but seriously .. it's the adverts/widgets/trackingcookies that these types of site force on you.

with all of that stuff blocked by no scrip ... the fox news page is loaded and rendered as quick as it takes my browser to switch to the new tab, bout 1 sec.

with everything enabled, it was about 15 sec to load everything, and functionality was (mouse control) was difficult untill it was done.

that is with a 1998 sony viao computer.

don't be misled by the shiny chrome trinkets.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You could try running IE9 in compatibility mode and see if it helps.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
You could try running IE9 in compatibility mode and see if it helps.

Thanks I will give that a try but this happens in Google Chrome as well...... I have 3 computers all running windows 7 2 with IE 9 and Chrome 1 with FireFox + IE 9 ..... all with up too date antivirus.
edit on 28-2-2013 by scorpio9gm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpio9gm

Its probably a bad flash or java advert but sometime this can be cause by badly written web pages. Seeing as you use IE9 anyway it cant hurt to try the computability mode.

new topics

top topics

join