It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows Update Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Received this auto update from Microsoft on 2/27/2013 for Windows 7. It seem to have caused an issue with both of my computers (processor usage increased) which in turn slowed both of my computers down dramatically… the update is optional and I have uninstalled this update and both of my computers have returned to normal. I do not recommend installing.

Did anyone else have this issue?

Windows Update

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

I don't have Win 7 but have had a similar issue in the past. There are two easy fixes. First if you have your system set to back-up you can simply boot it back into "last known good configuration". Easier still, but less stable, you can open the control panel, click on "add or remove programs", find the update, and uninstall it there.

I hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Its done nothing to my systems but with there being nearly a infinite number of systems with all sorts of configs etc theres always some problems, it could be a conflict between a driver and the updated graphics systems but it gets into the realm of seriously messy process/thread tracking which isn't fun (for most people) so just blacklist the update and carry on

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I just had a huge problem with windows update recently and had to roll back my computer to before the update. Mine wouldn't even boot up. I had to do it from safe mode.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

My Windows 7 also got Microsoft update yesterday but it hasn't caused any issues or problems of slowing down, but I have the settings to where it only does the necessary update and leaves out the optional ones unless I do them manually. I never do the optional updates.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yep, thats what I did...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think I installed that update. My system is completely fine. Of course, my computer isn't exactly...weak, so it's unlikely that I'd ever notice anyways.

new topics

top topics

join