It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCAV roll out...??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Was having a look around google earth and came across this at Palmdale at :34.638353, -118.078674‎
+34° 38' 18.07", -118° 4' 43.23"

I Think it's the X-24 but I am sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken..!!

Not sure how often the Google earth pics are updated so this might of been on ATS as a thread before but thought I would post it anyway.....!

Is that the Phantom works it is parked outside or part of the Northrop site...??

SV...out!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Doh.....before any body else points it out that should of said X-47A.....not X-24.....old age is creeping in....!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That's USAF plant 42.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Silentvulcan

I can't get my GE to load the coordinates, but I think I know the one you are talking about. Is it a UAV covered in a shroud sitting outside? If so then that appears to be an RQ-170 that has been sitting out there for awhile now.

Palmdale is fun to poke around. You will find the SOFIA telescope that is mounted on a 747SP, the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, as well as the first two 787 Dreamliners (one painted in ANA colors).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Yes, that is the X-47A. Good catch. I think it only flew one time at China Lake in 2003. Since then, I have seen it on static display at Edwards and Plant 42 a couple of times. I wonder what they are doing with it now.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zaph.....nope its defo the X-47A sitting outside in full view with a white pick up next to it for scale...!!!

SV,,,out

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

There was an article I was paying attention to on another site recently that showed what appeared to be an RQ-170 that had been damaged or something and was sitting out covered by a tarp. Since I couldn't get Google Earth to play well with your coordinates, and see what you were looking at, I thought it was the same one.

Cool find though!

ETA:
This is the one I thought you were talking about.

edit on 3/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
@ Silentvulcan I've seen that X-47 as well at some point on google earth but it is no longer there.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
What I have found is that there is a difference between google maps and google earth views of the same areas/locations...and it changes the more you zoom in....one for the Nerds methinks...no offence to any nerds by the way just a term of phrase...!!!

The X-47A is visable on google maps by the way.....!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
At long last...here is the pic of the X-47A...

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

nvm, just saw your other thread.
edit on 3/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join