It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Earthquake trigger mechanism found in planetary traction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
A topic that is of interest to many people. What does trigger earthquakes and why? I think you are all into the basics about tectonics and so on, so I'll spare you from repeating those things. The magic word seems to be celestial bodies and their rising or setting on the stressed area.

There are mainly four different forces in our Solar System that has a tidal effect on Earth. Those are the Moon, Sun, Jupiter and Venus. Of these four the Moon and the Sun can be held responsible for the greatest force, but the other two have their way on us too. And then there seems to be something wicked about planetary alignments as well. A concentrated force of some kind.

I just made a short video of earthquakes of the past week, randomly chosen, in which the conditions of the sky upon the stressed area are shown by Stellarium. Those random hits just ain't coincidence, because there are big alignments at the moment so the horizon is quite planet-free for the majority of the day. Take a look and give your opinion.

The main idea here is that an area is heated up enough so the asthenosphere becomes more liquid, and plate tectonics are there for more easily to be affected by tidal forces. The hours long traction of a passing celestial body and the release (or in rising the instant drag) moment while it is setting could then trigger an earthquake in that particular area.

I'll be happy to continue debating this after reading your thoughts.

Namaste.

edit on 28-2-2013 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

I have to agree, I have always thought the same thing. Thanks for proving to me what I have always thought.
Nice video, I am now a sub and I liked the video too.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kaidec

Thank you!

The planets are one mix in the soup, though a strong one. As additive forces there are the electromagnetics as for Solar activities that has to have a say in this. But for predicting earthquakes, if you spot an already active region and apply a little bit of planet gazing, I think you might have a very good chance of predicting the timing of a next rumble.

EDIT:

Of course all quakes can't be predicted like this nor do they fit the scenario of setting or rising bodies. There is also a secondary mechanism seen throughout. For example the last Oregon quake plays out that one. There are two 'strong' bodies above which divide the whole sky into thirds. The placement of the bodies will lie at 1/3 and 2/3. In the Oregon quake you will see this done by Jupiter and the Sun (and the other planets aligned near the Sun). That pattern is also repeated in many cases that don't match the rising-setting theme.
edit on 28-2-2013 by OnWhiteMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
For example:

Vanuatu a 6.1M in the last 12 hours without any aftershocks. Well there is a big, big chance we will see one today while the Sun, Moon and Saturn rise and set there. The times will be around 18, 21 and 23 UT.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

This is what I meant by predictability. No aftershocks in over half a day but then exactly like I suggested...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Do you Sub SuspiciousObserver on YT he uses the planets and other outside forces Coronal holes, flaring and filiments as well as active solar areas as a way of EQ uptick. If have seen sorry for old info, if not give it a look been making vids for sometime now.

SaneThinking

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

I've seen his vids. Very informative and has a nice touch. Solar energy is one big part of this also, but I was especially concentrating on the triggering mechanism in this thread, not how the tensions are built up
but thanks for the heads up anyway, in case I would have missed him!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

OnWhitemars -

Hello my freind, I have sent you two U2U's in the past but I fear you don't
check your email messages often.
Lol..I'm the same way so I'm glad you started this thread so that I may catch your attention.
(I have much conversation for you)

I believe that the comets, asteroids and space debris pull on our Sun which inturn can cause
our Sun to react electomagnetically to her planets, thus also causing plate tectonic stress.

Good work you do!

@SaneThinking -

Nice call: I subscribe to SuspiciousObservers work. His is thorough and informative!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HumAnnunaki

Hello! Great that we met again! I've somehow missed the messages but will for sure be in contact! Thanks for the insight on this one too!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The same pattern continues again and again throughout the quakes. I've checked hundreds and hundreds, and with a percentage of almost up to 85 the circumstances are the same.

The additional drag/push/release phenomenon seen here seems really to play a big part. The tide has a big role in it too depending on where the stress area is. Low tides seem to ease the downward pressure towards the plate and thereby it is more moveable and more vulnerable to this exterior energy or force.

I find this mechanism very interesting!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
New evidence for the theory. I tested it with the largest earthquakes since 1900. Check it out!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I built an index for predicting Earthquakes and here is an explanatory video.

new topics

top topics

join