It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories on why Hollywood Socialites fall into drugs and self-destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I was looking at the case of Casey Johnson. Reminded me abit of Marylin Monroe. Although very different lives, they were both rich and blonde and probably had mental health issues.

What suprises me is that these women are extremely attractive, quite intelligent when they are sober, have a fortune , and really dont have " real" things to complain about.

Yet, they are some of the most self destructive/hating types.

I think to add to the list, lindsy Lohan, Madonna even, Britney, and Paris Hilton.

They also almost never find true love.
edit on 28-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Availability, enough money to buy them, people offering it to them, peer pressure, massive success coming too early in life before they are mature enough to handle it., the dishonesty of Hollywood executives and celebrities, feeling that they are special while knowing "inside" that they're not, other people in their new circles urging them to try drugs. Other than that, I dunno.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Celebrities are made too fell indestructible by us the public. They think they are above everyone and can get away with almost anything. Unfortunately when you give someone the option to do just whatever they like and the money to be able to do just that, it so regularly becomes a downhill spiral.

I also think 'friends' probably set an awful example and drag these hollywood stars into sticky situations.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Well first of all, some things--in fact, I'd say most things--aren't exclusive to any social classes. Drugs, self-destruction, domestic violence, you name it...

It affects everybody, top and bottom, rich and poor, privileged and less-fortunate. No one is immune to these things. It's just that the public eye is usually on celebrities, and not the meth lab technician next door.

Everybody is susceptible to stupid choices.
edit on 28-2-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I think you may be wrong about Madonna. She's found what she calls love, and was never really into the self-destructive category. Her movie "Truth or Dare" shows that she's a religious woman, which probably helps a lot when success comes quickly. She's been into yoga, exercise, vegan and vegetarian diets, and her Kabbalah stage (I don't know if she's done with that one or not) which all have likely given her personal insights and access to conscious information (both outward data and inward revelations and changes). As for Lindsay Lohen, she really has to get it together soon, and maybe not as an actress (after her recent "comedy" about Elizabeth Taylor).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
I was looking at the case of Casey Johnson. Reminded me abit of Marylin Monroe. Although very different lives, they were both rich and blonde and probably had mental health issues.

What suprises me is that these women are extremely attractive, quite intelligent when they are sober, have a fortune , and really dont have " real" things to complain about.

Yet, they are some of the most self destructive/hating types.

Case of Casey... Now i've got that off my chest, lets continue.

I suppose it could be all sorts of things.

Stress from all the attention?
Maybe they have got to the point where they can't go any further and it's makes them depressed?
Could be peer pressure too?
And of course, not forgetting getting drugged by tptb to ruin someone's career/life.

I know that people can have it all but behind the smile is a very depressed individual. Just because the cash flow is there does not mean that person is content.
From a young age I have been very depressed and have used (and still do) substances to 'hide the pain'.
I work fulltime (got the day off today), I provide for my kids, I love them and my missus and i'm always smiling and talking to people, helping friends when they have problems but behind all of that, I hide the fact that i'm very depressed. The only person that knows this is my mum....and now you guys but you don't know who I am so it isn't an issue for me.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I just feel if I was born into their circumstance Id be a little more thankful and happier lol..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I think Madonna falls into the self-destructive category as she herself has said " she traded love for fame" . You can see her ex guy ritchie got I think over 60 million for his marriage to her and he said " he made money " with his time with her. So really these men arent in it, for the luurrve.

I also think there are comparisons with her and Marylin Monroe both used their sex appeal and seduction to get ahead. And both you can see dont know where to stop with this.. like they dont seem to have an off button.

I would guess that it could be their upbringing, but its shocking to think people can lack love to this extent. That they are driven to acting out in these ways. So Im just wondering specifically what it could be.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
For every one you name that is self-destructive I can name 10 that are well-adjusted people who handle their fame with grace and dignity.

Just like in the general population there will be a certain percentage of people that are predisposed to addiction/mental health problems. Some would have been aholes no matter if they were famous or not.

Lohan never had a chance due to her rotten parents. And I'm sure that applies to others as well.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

No Im not saying that famous people arent well adjusted. The ones who go away and have a family, and have hobbies outside of that life " hollywood" life, and who are able to keep their " public" persona in perspective.

But Im wondering why these ones go off the rails, what the trigger is? .. You know. Why they dont gather the strengh to find love, and just be happy with their financial success. It seems odd to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I wish I cared.

Attention, good or bad they love it and strive for it. Surrounded by 'yes' people all the time they push the boundaries of what they can get away with, hence the drugs etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I wish I cared.

What for!!

oO

Attention, good or bad they love it and strive for it. Surrounded by 'yes' people all the time they push the boundaries of what they can get away with, hence the drugs etc.

Do you need a 'pusher' to 'fall into drugs' ? lol

But seriously, who really cares?

If they had some modicum of talent then it might matter.. but they're self absorbed, artificially popularised puppets. Media organised entertainment, by the media, to benefit the media.

And even worse when people give them an insane amount of credibility by associating them with the 'illuminati' world domination scheme.. because the marketing guys know idiots like to whisper about it, and it gains them an insane amount of attention which equates right back to the almighty dollar.

Again, the media makes it, bakes it and then tells you that you love it. all the while you're going "wait, what uhh who, what, Oh yeah, who? uhh, ok, $150 a ticket, umm, who, what? uhh ok.. take my money, everyones doing it so I gotta get one!"

I wish I could care less. But I'm at the level of absolute zero of care, and I'm trying to squeeze every drop out.

edit on 28-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

True,

nah you dont need a 'pusher' but the likes of Lindsay Lohan etc seem to love ending up in court and enjoy the trashy tabloids painting them in a bad-boy/girl/gansta image, all the time they are pushing the system to see how much the celebrity status will let them get away with. Eejits.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
i once heard free will described best as nothing more than a long, long rope that we all eventually hang ourselves with and celebs are no different. happiness will not be found in wealth, nor from any other external force and many people never really understand this, hence why a lot of celebs go down hill.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Availability, enough money to buy them, people offering it to them, peer pressure, massive success coming too early in life before they are mature enough to handle it., the dishonesty of Hollywood executives and celebrities, feeling that they are special while knowing "inside" that they're not, other people in their new circles urging them to try drugs. Other than that, I dunno.

All of this.

Can you imagine the adoration they face on what is sometimes a daily basis? That in itself is probably addictive if you don't have the self worth to see it for what it really is. If everyone tells you that you are amazing all of the time, would you start to believe it, just a little bit? All the while wondering inside what they are doing that deserves all of this attention? It is all around you, you can't even go to the gas station without the attention. I can see why they turn to drugs and alcohol if they are not grounded to begin with. Plus, when they are no longer the flavor of the month, or start to show too much age, and do not have purpose to begin with, what then? A crash of sorts?

I do outdoor art festivals, I am an artist. Obviously I am not a celebrity, and I am not exceptional by any means, but I do love what I do. At the busiest shows, you will talk with several thousand people over the weekend. Many of these people complimenting what you do, all day long. At first it made me uncomfortable, but now I just accept the compliments graciously and am thankful for them, they help me sell art. But, if I were to ever take myself too seriously, all I have to do is look down the row to another artist's booth that I respect and am amazed by, and it reminds me that no matter how much talent you have, someone will always have more than you.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't think they necessarily do fall into drugs and self destruction more than the rest of society.. the only difference is that the media follows them around and reports it...

If I go out on the weekend and get booked for a DUI or throw up in a gutter or am seen smoking a joint the media doesn't report it..... there is no outcry etc and nobody telling me to go to rehab...

If I get drunk and make some racist comment its not going to be all over the TV (mel gibson).. .
I know plenty of girls who drink and take drugs like paris hilton...only nobody cares. Most of the time its just young people having fun..... but just looks bad when its captured in 8 mega pixels..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

You mean the issues behind there self-destructiveness effects many?

I agree. They do effect ,many. But dont you think with that much talent. And no matter how annoying they are, they do have talent to stay in the media be it ruthless self-promotion or just being around the right agents/producers. That there has to come a point where they feel okay, no matter the negativity, Im doing great.

We had Amy Winehouse in the UK who was quite a talent vocally . But she gave it all up for drugs. I wonder where that point is where they go off the scales.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
maybe a part of them is already dead? the part that feels hope, and optimism. And a sense of self.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They are young, have lots of money, go to a lot of partys, they like having fun. What about Jack Nicholson?, he is by far one of the biggest drug/alcohol fueled train wrecks in the history of Hollywood?. His he different?, maybe some people can just handle it, other people cant.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Guess they may have addictive personality types, be it addicted to botox, addicted to drugs, addicted to fame, addicted to drugs..

They dont know when to say " no"

top topics

join