It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Spotted by Indian Spy Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I always try and watch John Loftus on FNC Sunday mornings. They usually only have him on there for about three minutes. This morning he was saying that the indian military had a drone flying over eastern pakistan. It spotted a ten vehicle convoy of black minivan type vehicles. At onepoint it stopped and the occupants got out. The Indian pilot was certain that he recognized one of the figures as that of bin Laden. They have shown the tape to US intel, and both concure that it was him.

Problem is this was a few weeks ago, and in Eastern Pakistan. They believe he was moving to his winter hidey-hole to hibernate, and that he won't pop up again til Ground Hog's Day.

Eastern Pakistan???

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I heard some of that earlier but didn't catch the full thing.
I don't see any articles about it on their website yet.

I wonder if this drone was a little clearer than that last video that a drone captured of him?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
This morning he was saying that the indian military had a drone flying over eastern pakistan. It spotted a ten vehicle convoy of black minivan type vehicles.
Problem is this was a few weeks ago, and in Eastern Pakistan. They believe he was moving to his winter hidey-hole to hibernate, and that he won't pop up again til Ground Hog's Day.

Eastern Pakistan???

I saw the same report - did this bother you as much as it did me? They acknowledged that he had a place in Iran and one in an abandoned Russian military base (I can't remember the mountain range they said). If we know this much and he was spotted by drone moving in a convoy of black SUVS - why is this SOB not getting carpet bombed?

B

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Searching Indian news sources...
Found this, but it doesn't reference the drone sighting.
www.hindustantimes.com
The article references the Pakistani government giving him refuge. It was posted today.

EDIT: Fix link

[edit on 10/31/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
With as much flak as we've gotten for invading Iraq, and all the turmoil there, do you really think we'd carpet bomb an area in Iran or Pakistan in an effort to 'maybe' get him? Think of the holy hell we'd catch if we started bobming everywhere we think he may be.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Hrm, a few weeks ago gives enough time to check data, back-channel permission from Pakistan and covertly insert a special forces unit to run a quiet snatch-and-grab on him, just in time for a rollout on November 1st.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
" The Indian pilot was certain that he recognized one of the figures as that of bin Laden. They have shown the tape to US intel, and both concure that it was him. "

Not being knowledgeable on aircraft, I was under the assumption that a drone was unmanned.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Its still got a human driver usually, just doing it like a video game from a distance rather than in person. I don't think theres enough trust in computers to turn them over completely to a computer to control.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
I always try and watch John Loftus on FNC Sunday mornings. They usually only have him on there for about three minutes. This morning he was saying that the indian military had a drone flying over eastern pakistan. It spotted a ten vehicle convoy of black minivan type vehicles. At onepoint it stopped and the occupants got out. The Indian pilot was certain that he recognized one of the figures as that of bin Laden. They have shown the tape to US intel, and both concure that it was him.

Eastern Pakistan???

I this all funny how can they positively or even almost positively ID a man who cant even be ID'd when he is standing still and wants to be taped. Is OBL wearing a big sign with his name on it or what.... Funny people tricks are for kids.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I thought we had OBL since Feb 04. According to a post on ATSNN, OBL was captured and Bush was going to announce it to the world this week before the elections. What happened?

top topics

join