Encouraging criminal behaviour against T&C?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I've alerted few posts lately on the premise that they encourage forum members to brake laws. I'm not sure how the T&C will fit into it. Discussing your own criminal behaviour is already against T&C. Also it is illegal in some places.
So how stands it? Should I stop reporting them?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I've alerted few posts lately on the premise that they encourage forum members to brake laws. I'm not sure how the T&C will fit into it. Discussing your own criminal behaviour is already against T&C. Also it is illegal in some places.
So how stands it? Should I stop reporting them?

From y our avatar I would say you support wikileaks. Would you report me for suggesting people give secret information to them? Would you report someone who thinks people should shoot rapists? I have read on this forum people advocating the torture and killing of pedophiles - would you support that or report it? Ignore the speed limits! Don't vote. (In this country not voting is illegal) What if the law is an ass?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
We already have Mods. They seem to do a pretty good job, so unless it's a direct threat to someone, let it go.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

Well first of all WL hasn't done anything illegal. So that point is moot. I would and have reported people who encourage vigilante justice and their posts have been removed and I will continue to do so in the future. If the law is "ass" then you can discuss changing it?

reply to post by DAVID64

Yeah I know that. The reports go to the mods and they then review and pass judgement. They dont automatically act on everything and read every post that is posted here.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Advocating criminal activities is against the T&C. Please do keep alerting them so that the staff can be aware of these posts and can discuss whether or not they do, in fact, fall into the category of promoting illegal activity.

As you stated, we don't see every post on ATS. Not by a long shot. We seriously do rely upon, and appreciate, member alerts to help us keep up. The alternative would be a fully moderated board where posts would not be public until they'd been reviewed... a nightmare scenario for members and staff alike. So, yes, please do alert such posts!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ok thank you. I will keep my eye open if I see any silly ideas pop up

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Great, now we'll have every ATS member snitching on eachother and nobody can trust anybody. When did Janet Napolitano take over ATS? I must have missed that memo.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Great, now we'll have every ATS member snitching on eachother and nobody can trust anybody. When did Janet Napolitano take over ATS? I must have missed that memo.

Maybe we're just sick of gung-ho 'shoot first' types of morons who think the answer to everything is shooting something or someone.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yes but then there are posts removed that are saying to do the right thing, like phone and write in to leaders and say No, to something really bad, even illegal. And where does it end, this isn't the news, that I quit watching years ago, where you are nuked by the most hellish things, but nothing on solutions. We're here discussing this, with solutions I hope. And no, I'm not talking about guns.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That is because ATS does not allow avocation of causes, otherwise we would be called soapbox.com or streetpeachercorner.com for everyone who has a special causer and uses our site to promoter it.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Define criminal behavior please?

Remember laws are there to be broken if they are unjust and serve nothing more than the TPTB control over us!

Also nobody likes a grass!
edit on 28-2-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Why cant i star or flag this thread???

Dont seem to have a problem with stars or flags in other threads here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Sadly ATS is so arbitrary on this issue that it's just silly.

Certain topics are banned while others that are illegal are openly discussed.... weird.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
we have a jobsworth on our hands here troops .keep of the grass to buddy laws were made to be broken

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Having a government allow murder of the elderly, who has a flu, is not a soap box issue. Its a changed society and its highly illegal as well. Not only is it illegal against current and existing laws, but any laws that would change, are criminal. Anything that violates common law, the only real law that even exists as natural, ie. thou shalt not harm, and the constitutions of our countries are unlawful and criminal.

And in that thread, she name people in the letters, that could be wrong. But my post was completely right. Writing in and organizing is the duty of all people in this world. It should be as normal as breathing. We are the employer group, and they're committing masive felonies.

That is always how I write. It would actually a change and some giving into NWO for what happened to have happend, and someone took offense at somehting that was right ,so it also implies there are complete villians on this site turning good people in for things that have stretched to include the right things to do and post, and that is somehting so sickening, and dark.

A person can list 100 threads or more, often some of the best ATS on how to stop ATS, are they are all suddenly by a new definition of what is a soap box, wrong?
edit on 1-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Members have always had the ability to "snitch" on other members, and some have used it a lot. If the staff thinks it's not breaking T&C, it stays put, and nothing happens.
edit on 3/1/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
yes we should report them, otherwise I wont feel safe and American.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It is also righteous to end world hunger, strive for world peace, end nuclear armaments, stop hurting animals, etc. Having a thread saying we need to end world hunger by sharing food production equally and freely is a good topic.

Telling people to start a letter writing campaign to do so would be advocation of a cause. And would thus be against the T&C.

It is not a matter of being opposed to the subject (we have removed many threads on many worthy causes), but using ATS's resources and reputation for that cause is the problem. It is a line that has to be drawn somewhere and rather than answering petitions as to which cause is worthy of ATS's and The Above Network LLC's support and endorsement, the owners decided long ago that in order to retain neutrality they would not allow any causes to use their resources nor membership for what eventually may be discovered to be a shady operation with a positive message as a front.

To use a wild example to that end, imagine if there was a group in 1941 Germany that offered free trips to America to the Jewish population as means of escape and later it was discovered that their "trips" were to concentration camps as means of outing themselves from hiding? Would you want to have endorsed that group?

new topics
top topics

join