It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon photography this time, with Iphone 5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Good evening ATS,
Had a bit if a cloudy night last night so decided to take some pictures instead of video.
Tried to spend a bit of time around craters and the mounds that raise in the midle after a impack.
Enjoy.

edit on 28-2-2013 by jaffer44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2013 by jaffer44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Very impressive. s&f

What's that tank doing in the middle of that crater at 0.08?? Just kidding...

What makes the mound form in the middle of the crater?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE
Very impressive. s&f

Something to do with colcanic liquide bouncing upwards after the impact. like when you drop a rock in water and it springs upwards.
A couple of other posters explained it in my video thread at www.abovetopsecret.com... on the first or second page look for phage he's alway got the answer on hand he links to a coulle of pages explaining it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

I'm pretty sure that bump is from when the still molten material (from an asteroid impact) does the whole ripple rebound thingy. Like the secondary splash from a cannonball or can-opener in a swimming pool.

(Dang. Not fast enough with the reply. Probably not sciencematific enough, either.)

edit on 2/28/2013 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/28/2013 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaffer44

Originally posted by SilentE
Very impressive. s&f

Something to do with colcanic liquide bouncing upwards after the impact. like when you drop a rock in water and it springs upwards.
A couple of other posters explained it in my video thread at www.abovetopsecret.com... on the first or second page look for phage he's alway got the answer on hand he links to a coulle of pages explaining it.

Ah yes, Phage. Nice one for that.

I thought it would've been hard to understand but it's pretty simple really.

Here is the link that Phage posted.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Lol you explained it better then me.
If thats right you can actuly see the ripple in one of my pics

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Was particularly impressed by the funny shaped mound in the middle of this crater, as seen near the end of the video...

No, but seriously, its good to see people getting outside away from their computers.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

It's threads like this that makes me sad for selling my telescope years ago.
I wasn't really interested at the time when I had one. Used it a few times but being young I didn't like the cold and used to get bored real quick.
I remember seeing Jupiter once and the moon on a few occasions, then it just collected dust for years so I sold it. Now i'm interested again I can't afford one!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
So a telescope is seeing all this

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yes I video'd that mound the other night its in the tread I posted above.
I photographed it last night just to double check it had the sticky out bit.
Lets call it the tank barrel just to realy annoy the critical posters.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
So a telescope is seeing all this

Yes and 8inch sky watcher. Mount and scope cost less then $800.
Iphone editing apps $6.99 lol

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Yep its fun
I'm on the side of a large hill up in mountians so with a clear view east to west:
Its perfect i just pick it up and 5 steps Im out on the balcony with clear view right to left.
Only provkem is I have a wooden balcony not good for zooming just breathing or shivering in the bloody cold makes the scope shake like crazy.
Also take it camping somtrthing difrent to do at night.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

You've inspired me to look into buying one in the near future. I'm in a rubbish area for it though. Built up and too much light pollution and always cloudy. I'd have to travel a bit to get a good spot but it would be worth it for images like the ones you have shown. I'll probably wait until my sons are older and try to get them interested in space instead of telly.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Good plan.
I go camping with my daughter and girlfriend once a month we go kayaking and do photography during the day then sit around the fire and use the scope all night.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaffer44
reply to post by SilentE

Good plan.
I go camping with my daughter and girlfriend once a month we go kayaking and do photography during the day then sit around the fire and use the scope all night.

Are you looking for a lodger?

Sounds like my sort of thing. I never get the time to do any of that but it's on my mind all the time. I long to be free!
I think we all have that urge to be outside with nature. One day i'll get away from the place where I Iive and enjoy the rest of my life with my family somewhere far away from the hustle and bustle.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Beautifull images you got there, did not expect anything less

Did you shoot these in one night? Do not see that oasis effect in these shots but that must be something that only happens when filming it. As you stated these are shot with an iphone, does it give your more resolution as opposed to filming?
Really like the image at 0:25, that looks amazing.
Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

Its a great life stole before I had more daughter me and the exwife just lived in a van traveling and working around Australia work 3 months then 3 months living in nat parks doing photography i can't wait until she leaves home lol so I can live like that again.
With digitial photography and cheap telescopes it will be even better.
If your ever in adelaide and the moons full u2u me for a look lol

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimens

Two crater shots ate from my old iphone 4 all the rest were done in one night only about half hour.
Video only gets hazy when zooming in on hot nights as winter comes along they should get clearer.
I've only ever used the iphone i do set the web cam up somtimes and watch on computer screen.
I only video hoping to get something strange fly by lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Lovely stuff! I particularly like your shot of Aristarchus & Schroeter's Valley at 0:48.

Have you tried using "photo stacking" software? That might boost your clarity even more.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.
And it would be something if you actually captured an anomalie that the brains here could not identify indeed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join