It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Head Resigns After Illegals Freed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Gary Mead a senior official in DHS has resigned after illegal s were freed as a result of the coming Sequestration:www.huffingtonpost.com...

I guess his conscience hit him,I would have never believed a train wreck like this would exist.
I am not surprised at the types that support it however.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Rising Against because: Removed all caps title.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I saw this at the end of the article...

"I don't think we can maintain the same level of security at all places around the country with sequester as without sequester," said Napolitano, adding that the impact would be "like a rolling ball. It will keep growing."

Maybe the wrong person resigned here. If Janet can't make it work perhaps there needs to be a replacement found who can make it work. Perhaps without all the buck rogers gizmos at billions per program or the billions of rounds of ammo like she expects Apocalypse Now down the Mississippi or something.

I think we have loons running the asylum at DHS.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Janet Napolitano said on the radio today that he acted on his own, in releasing the prisoners and she didn't know anything about it.

So, the White House wasn't consulted . . . the DHS director wasn't consulted . . . this guy just released them, before anyone knew anything (went rogue) and then resigned?

Yet, they claim they knew he was retiring weeks ago? And we've known about this release by ICE for at least two days before the actual release? Napolitano sent a letter to AZ sheriffs on the 25th stating that they would be released on the 27th . . . Now, she "knew nothing about it until after it happened". Heard her actual words on the radio (press conf), so I'm sure there is a copy out there somewhere.

As anyone in this administration EVER taken responsiblity for anything? Seems like they just point fingers at whoever was the last to leave . . . I wonder who will quit/resign next, so they can blame the sequester on them . . . the president sure as hell isn't taking responsiblity, even though he came up with the idea last year.
edit on 2/28/13 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Checks crystal ball: Yep, "inherited this mess from previous administration" still works. If we are going to be lazy about coming up with excuses, then surely we can expect laziness when coming to solutions. But the media circus will sell these excuses as facts for as long as they can. And we wonder why we are going to go into such financial restraints. Could it be that no one in Washington has bothered with passing a full budget in going on five years now and we just kick the can down the road?

The point of this last three month kick was that the three months would be spent working on it but instead we have had a full court press on Gun Ban legislation and other topics de jour.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
No he didn't resign after the illegals were freed; he announced his resignation weeks ago and plans on leaving at the end of April, as originally planned.

In an email to his staff obtained by the AP, Mead said he was leaving the agency at the end of April "with mixed emotions." He did not say what prompted his departure. Mead did not immediately respond to an email and a telephone call.

A spokeswoman for the agency, Gillian Christensen, said there was no connection between Mead's announcement to his staff and the decision to release the undocumented immigrants. She said Mead had told senior leaders in the agency several weeks ago that he planned to retire.

HuffPo

What a bogus piece of crap headline!

The release of the illegals had nothing to do with his resignation, it didn't even move up the date he plans to leave! The HuffPo is trying to make it look like someone is being held accountable when that is clearly not the case.

edit on 2/28/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I saw this at the end of the article...

"I don't think we can maintain the same level of security at all places around the country with sequester as without sequester," said Napolitano, adding that the impact would be "like a rolling ball. It will keep growing."

Maybe the wrong person resigned here. If Janet can't make it work perhaps there needs to be a replacement found who can make it work. Perhaps without all the buck rogers gizmos at billions per program or the billions of rounds of ammo like she expects Apocalypse Now down the Mississippi or something.

I think we have loons running the asylum at DHS.

they are not loons my friend, just very smart shysters is all. everything is running according to how they need it to run. all this for one purpose, remain in power and live high on the hog while the citizens pay their way.

i'm unsure why anyone thinks our govt. officials are ignorant or stupid, they got to where they are by being smart and unethical, not by being stupid or insane. albeit i'm sure many are in fact mentally ill in some form or another but that isn't how they stay in power and definitely not why nothing get fixed in our world.

drug war
illegal aliens
health care scam
bank bail out's
GMO foods
currency war
massive debt
military war
pollution
radioactive waste- Fukushima
Corexit- Gulph spill
aftermath of hurricane Sandy and numerous others
debt based society

does anyone see where any real progress has even been attempted to fix these issues? no you wont find any real attempt at fixing these things because those in power don't give a rats ass about them because, they are working fine for the elite of our world and why wouldn't it after all they designed the system in their favor, hundreds of years ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is guy is just a patsy who got a severance package to fall on the sword. I saw Jay Carney's denial conference yesterday. Amazing how the WH never knows anything these days. They are mysteriously kept in the dark on every issue and keep the nation in the dark regarding all else.

One word comes to mind when trying to describe this phenomenon... Incompetence!!!

I don't believe for one flippin' minute that this guy went rogue and just started unlocking all of the doors as a precautionary measure ahead of sequester....

The house of cards is slowly tumbling....

Just look at how the WH has played denial hot potato with Benghazi and Fast and Furious.... Now this...

All they can say is "it wasn't us" Just some lowly minion making all of the important decisions regarding the release of Illegals and what went down and how it played out after in Benghazi...

But, then there's Obama travelling the Nation on his Sequester Scare Tactic tour blaming others before the !@#$ hits the fan. All the while, he forgot that Jack Lew wrote this up and he signed it off!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

No he didn't resign after the illegals were freed; he announced his resignation weeks ago and plans on leaving at the end of April, as originally planned.

In an email to his staff obtained by the AP, Mead said he was leaving the agency at the end of April "with mixed emotions." He did not say what prompted his departure. Mead did not immediately respond to an email and a telephone call.

A spokeswoman for the agency, Gillian Christensen, said there was no connection between Mead's announcement to his staff and the decision to release the undocumented immigrants. She said Mead had told senior leaders in the agency several weeks ago that he planned to retire.

HuffPo

What a bogus piece of crap headline!

The release of the illegals had nothing to do with his resignation, it didn't even move up the date he plans to leave! The HuffPo is trying to make it look like someone is being held accountable when that is clearly not the case.

edit on 2/28/13 by FortAnthem because:

Would it be out of place to think that this plan was contrived long ago as part of the well planned scare tactics. Remember, they've known for 16 months that tomorrow would come. 16 months!! Jack Lew wrote it up and Obama signed it....
edit on 28-2-2013 by jibeho because: never mind

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

of course. does anyone realize the statistical impossibility for something to be broken and work this long?

nothing broken in society can work this long, it would have to have been part of a plan or collective thought process of some kind.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The way it works is that agency was told to do that move by the administration.

He did the honorable and right thing. He resigned.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
DHS is the nessessary presursor to the nazional poltzei we are going to get later on......
The political manouvering of what are supposed to be competent public officials is so common that proper goverment is getting put on the back burner....
Far too much of the propaganda stuff, and not enough responsible constitutional goverment

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

What is with the term "sequester"? Where did it arise from? Anyone remember this term in the past?
Does anyone think this term was created, to confuse the masses?

Why not use a term like "auto-cuts" or what did we used to call It? Forced spending cuts?

Referring to this debaucle as a "sequester" seems like they are trying to hide the cold truth, by painting a new name on it, to fool people.

The guy probably resigned for multiple reasons that we will never know about. Nothing to talk about here, unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I do disagree,why in the hell do you release prisoners for an unrealized monetary expense?
I don't really care about the resignation and it shows when you single that issue away from the real situation what you think.I will bet this administration will cherry pick where they cut spending to support their political assassination attempts on the GOP,whom I am no great fan of either. But WE lose not any of them.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Verb sequester (third-person singular simple present sequesters, present participle sequestering, simple past and past participle sequestered)
1.To separate from all external influence. The jury was sequestered from the press by the judge's order.
2. To separate in order to store. The coal burning plant was ordered to sequester its CO2 emissions. (chemistry)
3. To prevent an ion in solution from behaving normally by forming a coordination compound
4. (law) To temporarily remove (property) from the possession of its owner and hold it as security against legal claims.
5. (US, politics, law) To remove (certain funds) automatically from a budget. The Budget Control Act of 2011 sequestered 1.2 trillion dollars over 10 years on January 2, 2013.
6. (international law) To seize and hold enemy property.

From "wikitionary"

Maybe we should go with definition 1 and sequester the politicians... a decent Supermax Prison should be able to keep any "external influence" from them...

top topics

join