It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to all you preppers please?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

I wouldn't touch cadavres... not even rotting animals...

But... You never know, when one is REALLY starving... what would happen to our principles?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The question seems pejorative. We preppers know that our preps will not guarantee our survival. What if a meteor or nuke hits my neighborhood? The entire concept is to simply buy time until more survivable conditions emerge --- if ever. All things being equal, preppers will outlive non-preppers in a SHTF scenario. Eventually, we too will begin to perish. We know that. No amount of prepping can cover all possible eventualities. Similarly, in a SHTF scenario, a non-prepper in one area may be in better shape than a prepper in another area. Just the uncertainties of SHTF.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Thanks for your reply JT.

This is what i have been thinking for a long time now... Why prepare just to buy time?

In the long run and depending on the SHTF circumstances i ask myself why should we bother to prepare?

I for one have certain simple and basic things prepared for such an event, but haven't gone the whole hog and filled my cellar with provisions that i think will cover me for weeks, months or even years to come.

(Just aware and prepared in case of an event arising)... although one thing i know for certain is that i can have at least basic food and water rations for myself and my family (4 of us) to cover for roughly a year (taking into consideration the area and environment where we live).

Thanks again for your reply

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If all the resources disappeared wouldn't everyone just die? Seems pretty silly to me

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I only plan for the things that I anticipate.

If I don't plan correctly, I'll die.

That's it. I'm not interested in Mad Max survival.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Nothing, absolutely nothing is left, your country or the world is in total disruption and anarchy and all resources necessary to survive have disappeared, only you and your family with straggling survivors dotted here, there and everywhere…

Once all those provisions have been used up and the scenario continues to drag on for weeks, months, years…

What would you do to continue to survive?

Hopefully, your preps include renewable sources of water, food, and energy. If you can't devise plans for renewable sources of these, then once supplies are gone, you're toast.

WATER = A well or freshwater source (pond, river, etc.)
FOOD = Rabbits, gardens, chickens
ENERGY = Wind, solar, wood

Of course, there will be a good deal of looting initially too, depending on the scenario.

The other survivors will really be the main threat...what will THEY do to get YOUR resources? The picture you paint is an extremely dangerous one, and one that we, as a race, would likely not survive.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Humans are a natural food resource that shouldn't be overlook as they are in abundance and easy to hunt kill and prepare....that's what I'd do

there are so many of the damn things you could open a barbeque and tradem for bullets

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Prepping is a way of life for those that except it, if you look around you may find that you are a prepper and don't even know it, but.....The Shift I don't think will happen, economic collapse is more real to me.

What would we do after a month, year, or more....with the stocks of supplies that we have it is more than enough to survie the first 6 months were those in big cities will have to do without and they will eventualy fall into the catergory survial of the fittest.

After the intial "Survial of the fittest, I can grow my own food, Hunt ect since I live in a location were I can do that, there is plenty of wood and everything else that citie dwellers rely on I can do without.

So the real question is "Are you ready to protect your family and provide for them in the middle of a crissis"?
edit on 28-2-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I could never live a year stuck in the house or a bunker with my family and grandchildren.
We'd have choked each other within six months. A guy could go crazy thinking about that ahead of time.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19KTankCommander
Prepping is a way of life for those that except it, if you look around you may find that you are a prepper and don't even know it, but.....The Shift I don't think will happen, economic collapse is more real to me.

What would we do after a month, year, or more....with the stocks of supplies that we have it is more than enough to survie the first 6 months were those in big cities will have to do without and they will eventualy fall into the catergory survial of the fittest.

After the intial "Survial of the fittest, I can grow my own food, Hunt ect since I live in a location were I can do that, there is plenty of wood and everything else that citie dwellers rely on I can do without.

So the real question is "Are you ready to protect your family and provide for them in the middle of a crissis"?
edit on 28-2-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

Hi Tank,

I, like you am roughly in the same circumstances geographicaly speaking, so i can also grow, hunt, gather and provide ourselves with ready available wood fuel if needed. Plus basic having the chance of being ex military, my survival skills in the wild should also add to our possible survival for a period of time depending on the SHTF scenario.

We are also situated in an area which is known for it's hudreds of Km of undergound tunnel network (ex stone mines)

So to answer your question, yes, i am ready to protect my family if need be.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 1-3-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

We stock up on food for the short term. We stock up on seeds and keep livestock for the long term. If the ground is not arable and there is no sustainable resource then I would choose to pass on rather than sink to cannibalism.

Is that what you were asking?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Thanks for your response Seen and sorry for the response as was a way for a couple of days.

Yep, this was exactly what i was asking

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
Humans are a natural food resource that shouldn't be overlook as they are in abundance and easy to hunt kill and prepare....that's what I'd do

there are so many of the damn things you could open a barbeque and tradem for bullets

Horrible idea. Humans are the most disease ridden critters roaming around these parts. You go munching on the wrong one, you are going to wind up with AIDS or syphilis. Maybe a genital wart or two on your face.

But the biggest concern is Kuru. It is a degenerative neurological disease which develops from eating human flesh. You would develop a shake or loss of motor control. Your brain would begin to break down and you would have uncontrollable fits of laughter. Eventually, you would die.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

What will we do once EVERYTHING magically disappears? We would die, is that what you wanted to hear?

You are incorrect not everyone would die. I live in one of the remotest communities in Europe. We could survive just fine here here if the supply boat stopped coming in. Most importantly we have community something most preppers overlook. We have a constant food source from the sea and a good fuel source of peat. It would not be easy but we would survive..

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

So, in a way if the SHTF it would be good to die with a big cheesy grin on your face

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Enjoy what is now.

In your scenario I would be skydiving naked. Or perhaps screaming at the top of my lungs from the highest mountain.

Why bother with these scenarios?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join