It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to all you preppers please?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
A question to all you preppers out there…

Ok… I have read many threads here about how you all plan to survive in a SHTF scenario... BUT...

Imagine that the SHTF scenario actually really does happen and you can only trust your own method of survival?

You have carefully stocked up and thought about everything which you consider necessary for a 6 to 12 month period or more with all the provisions that you may need, food, water, first aid equipment, guns and ammunition, fuel etc etc… Maybe why not have built a bunker for yourself…

My question is the following :

Nothing, absolutely nothing is left, your country or the world is in total disruption and anarchy and all resources necessary to survive have disappeared, only you and your family with straggling survivors dotted here, there and everywhere…

Once all those provisions have been used up and the scenario continues to drag on for weeks, months, years…

What would you do to continue to survive?

Imagine…

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

It would all depend on ones ability to scavenge, repurpose, recycle, and willingness to do whatever was necessary to survive. I mean we can what if this scenario to death but i believe it would still always fall back to these factors. I think that any gains in a world you describe would have much more meaning than in this world of throw away convenience...I wonder would we become more locally and community based or would we turn on each other for a potato?

I think the survivors would be prepared to deal with both.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If I'm wrong, I apologize.

But I find your line of questioning highly suspect and would ask you the same questions.

What would you do? Would you stand against those oppressors? Would you raise a weapon to the illegal militia? Would you stand against FEMA, DHS, TSA, CIA, FBI the NDAA act? So many more alphabet threats (The US loves their alphabet)

Please explain YOUR stand.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Instructoralpha

Thank you for your pertinent comments Instructor which are much appreciated.

I am looking forward to hearing from actual "preppers" on this forum who can give us a more detailed insight as to what they would envisage.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
If I'm wrong, I apologize.

But I find your line of questioning highly suspect and would ask you the same questions.

What would you do? Would you stand against those oppressors? Would you raise a weapon to the illegal militia? Would you stand against FEMA, DHS, TSA, CIA, FBI the NDAA act? So many more alphabet threats (The US loves their alphabet)

Please explain YOUR stand.

Peace

Hey Jude,

I apologise if you think i might be rude or suspect but to be quite honest i am not looking for an argument here...

I am not a prepper...

Just quite "simply" asking a question to people who are preparing for SHTF scenario, i dont think i need to justify why i asked my question which seems to be very simple!

I will elaborate into what i would do in the case of a SHTF scenario once i have started to read posts from preppers.

And for goodness sakes... who is talking about oppressors here?

Only you!

Sorry, not looking for an argument about why i asked my question, just an answer (s) to my question (s)

Kindest respects

Oh, and by the way : FEMA, DHS, TSA, CIA, FBI the NDAA act are in the USA... Not only does the USA exist but the rest of the world too! (i am in Europe)

Rodinus
edit on 28-2-2013 by Rodinus because: phrase added

edit on 28-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Honestly, speaking only for myself here...i KNOW that whatever i plan for i must also accept that it will eventually go south on me. I try to be well rounded on a number of subjects that i consider useful in survival scenarios...one thing to keep in mind though...if some kind of socio-economic-political-whatever collapse did take place...even after a year or two there would still be resources available...to those with the skills to (hate to say it) "MacGyver" them into existence. Your question is hard to answer with specifics because it doesnt point at any one aspect of life in this scenario. So ill just keep it simple:

Food/Water = basic hunting/gathering basic water purification boiling is the simplest

Fire/Heat = i dont think it would be impossible to find a working lighter or matches even 2 years after an event you describe...and if your very conservative with use, your own could last that long.

Shelter = well just about anything that can be insulated against weather would serve the purpose, and could be improved over time.

Defense = Thats a tougher one because first you must determine who a potential enemy might be and what their motivation is. But again its not impossible.

Health = In almost all military survival manuals the will to survive is paramount...prepping only buys you a limited amount of time so you must have a clear mindset on what you wish to achieve and work constantly to ensure your own survival...nobody will do that for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh, and by the way : FEMA, DHS, TSA, CIA, FBI the NDAA act are in the USA... Not only does the USA exist but the rest of the world too! (i am in Europe)

Right.

I guess I forgot that you're out of reach because of some water separating you. It would be safe to say that Your Govt. and the US have no ties right?

Also, how's those cams working out for ya?

Get real. We're all in the same crap fest and the sooner more people get the big picture, the sooner we can take the S^&%$# down.

Peace...and I truly mean that.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Nothing, absolutely nothing is left, your country or the world is in total disruption and anarchy and all resources necessary to survive have disappeared, only you and your family with straggling survivors dotted here, there and everywhere…

Once all those provisions have been used up and the scenario continues to drag on for weeks, months, years…

Imagine…

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I have to point out how stupid that question is, I know people like to say there is no such thing as a stupid question but it is indeed a stupid question.
What will we do once EVERYTHING magically disappears? We would die, is that what you wanted to hear? But on the flip side if the preppers are dropping dead that means everyone else has been dead for months or years.

Now answer my question
Lets say SHTF and you died, what would you do?
See how stupid it is?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I find it highly unlikely that after a period of six months that society would not re-establish itself in one form or another. From what I've read in past SHTF scenarios (economic collapse, natural disaster, war) people want to restore their communities and get back to some type of normalcy. I think a global SHTF scenario is highly unlikely, barring an extinction level event. In an ELE, no amount of prepping would be adiquate. We are social creatures; sooner or later we would have to rely on other for our survival and sanity.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

I agree it would have to be MAGICAL....human beings are amazing at creating the most useless worthless junk imaginable....there is no other way to explain a sudden lack of any type of anything that one could use for any purpose. Using an international store so we all understand. IKEA....would it just vanish? Sure it would be looted to all hell, i'm positive of that...but would every useful thing in the store be gone. NO....usefulness is only key to the person who has a use... to you its a metal shelf bracket, to me it might be a pry bar or a hammer or who knows what. These kind of things do not just go away.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
before we were anything we were hunter gathers, i suspect we would revert back to gathering and hunting, prepped or not. not to mention if anyone that has knowledge of agriculture and irrigation would be able to grow food. many would fail, some would survive. thats all that matters right?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Imagine…

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I have to point out how stupid that question is, I know people like to say there is no such thing as a stupid question but it is indeed a stupid question.
What will we do once EVERYTHING magically disappears? We would die, is that what you wanted to hear? But on the flip side if the preppers are dropping dead that means everyone else has been dead for months or years.

Now answer my question
Lets say SHTF and you died, what would you do?
See how stupid it is?

Well Hans,

I apologise for being so blunt, but after having seen many of your negative replies to many other peoples posts and although i understand and respect your point of view, why ask this question?

To answer your question : If i die i wouldn't know because i would be dead!

Would it also be possible that you could elaborate in more detail as to why you pointed out that this question was so stupid in your eyes please? (I adressed this question to SERIOUS preppers in the survival forum and not to argument makers... jeez, we really need to ask the ATS owner to create a "lets get "shi**ty" and bitchy argue forum!

Come on please, can we be more constructive and respectful towards peoples posts?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well Hans,

I apologise for being so blunt, but after having seen many of your negative replies to many other peoples posts and although i understand and respect your point of view, why ask this question?

Post stalking???

Would it also be possible that you could elaborate in more detail as to why you pointed out that this question was so stupid in your eyes please?

I think I covered it pretty clearly, ill give it another shot.
If there was
"Nothing, absolutely nothing is left, your country or the world is in total disruption and anarchy and all resources necessary to survive have disappeared,"

The answer is pretty clear from a prepper standpoint. If all the resources magically disappeared you would die eventually. There is no other logical conclusion that can be drawn, which is why it is a stupid question.

(I adressed this question to SERIOUS preppers in the survival forum and not to argument makers... jeez, we really need to ask the ATS owner to create a "lets get "shi**ty" and bitchy argue forum!

Come on please, can we be more constructive and respectful towards peoples posts?

Rodinus

Love the name calling and then asking to be more respectful.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by Rodinus

Right.

I guess I forgot that you're out of reach because of some water separating you. It would be safe to say that Your Govt. and the US have no ties right?

Also, how's those cams working out for ya?

Get real. We're all in the same crap fest and the sooner more people get the big picture, the sooner we can take the S^&%$# down.

Peace...and I truly mean that.

Hey you...

If you are talking about the london pano cam, not bad... i found quite a few funny things.

As for the USA and "our" GVT... i don't worry or even care for those people... in one way or another they are tied together for many different reasons

Yep, a fair bit of water separating the US from Europe but only 30 seconds when it comes down to sending a post.. wink wink

As for the crap fest... yup, totally agreed that we will all be up to our necks in it one day or another... and to be quite honest here is my answer to people who have asked :

I will just get on with it and take each day as it comes along...

Probably due to cultural differences some of you did not understabd my VERY simple question asked in the OP and i completely understand you (although i will say FY if you have blinkers over your eyes)... May i suggest that people don't try to read between the lines and literally take my question as it was asked?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Well Hans,

Post stalking???

Would it also be possible that you could elaborate in more detail as to why you pointed out that this question was so stupid in your eyes please?

I think I covered it pretty clearly, ill give it another shot.
If there was
"Nothing, absolutely nothing is left, your country or the world is in total disruption and anarchy and all resources necessary to survive have disappeared,"

The answer is pretty clear from a prepper standpoint. If all the resources magically disappeared you would die eventually. There is no other logical conclusion that can be drawn, which is why it is a stupid question.

(I adressed this question to SERIOUS preppers in the survival forum and not to argument makers... jeez, we really need to ask the ATS owner to create a "lets get "shi**ty" and bitchy argue forum!

Rodinus

Love the name calling and then asking to be more respectful.

Thank you Hans for your comments,

Forget it, obviously and as usual you are looking for a fight with people here on ATS...

As for name calling... are we in a childrens playground here?

May i also ask you Hans why in most of the replies that you send to posts in ATS you seem to be so negative???

I feel much anger and bitterness in your replies to posts in ATS, i am so looking forward to the day that you open up and let everyone know what is really bugging you.

END OF DISCUSSION WITH YOU HANS.

Kindest respects as always

Rodinus
edit on 28-2-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

hey when you and your boyfriend are done with your lovers quarl can we get back on topic?

i say this because even though u say ur done, if he replies back ,it will be comment u dont agree with, and then it will continue to go back and forth, this happens everyday on ats, and i see it happening here.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Rodinus

hey when you and your boyfriend are done with your lovers quarl can we get back on topic?

i say this because even though u say ur done, if he replies back ,it will be comment u dont agree with, and then it will continue to go back and forth, this happens everyday on ats, and i see it happening here.

Thanks Doc for suggesting to put everyone in place... I for one am not for bitchy arguments... If the Gentleman in question decides to get even stroppier, then may he do so... i don't really care about comments such as the ones that he put forth... It seems that i asked a fairly simple question methinks?

Still waiting for Preppers who have been asked politely in my OP to answer to my simple question (s)...

it really pisses me off how some people want to come out here and ruin a simple posted question! (Rant)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
same as do now ... tend my garden .. fish .. make my own sake .. trade with the local villagers on occasion ... life out here will go on as it always has ... as to losing web access not concerned grew up in a time before internet and can easily do without it . am happy with a nice .. quiet .. simple life far from that cesspool people call "civilization" ...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
One thing that will have to be done is gather up all the dead bodies and burn them, otherwise they will bloat, explode, and spread all the disease we carry in out guts, such as Cholera, plus the area would get overun with huge fat rats, rat fleas also carry Bubonic plague, otherwise known as the 'black death' (strange how Bubonic is not in the spell checker) anyway, you have been warned.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just thought, those in towns who cannot bug out, thought of a hazmat suit yet? so the dead can be moved safely?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join