It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim convert held down and lashed 40 times for drinking alcohol, IN AUSTRALIA!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The purpose of this thread isnt to Muslim bash, as Ive said many times I actually live in a Muslim country, have many Muslim friends and my on again off again GF of 2 years is also Muslim.

The vast majority of the Muslims I know are great people and are not in anyway significantly different to people back home in OZ.
Normal people regardless of Nationality, Race, Religion or social standing just want to be able to work, enjoy the company of friends and family, give their children a better life than they had and basically just be left alone to get on with their lives.

But then you get your sickos, people who like to hurt or control others, unfortunately religion supplies many of these individuals with an avenue to do these things and an almost never ending parade of potential victims.

In this case a young man decided to convert to Islam to cure himself of a drug and alcohol addiction, unfortunately he wasnt able to do so and he found out the hard way what he actually signed up for under his Imams interpretation of Sharia law

Sydney Sharia victim whipped "out of love"

I genuinely wonder if people who hurt and kill and the name of religion and God actually believe what they say or if its just a convenient excuse?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
The purpose of this thread isnt to Muslim bash, as Ive said many times I actually live in a Muslim country, have many Muslim friends and my on again off again GF of 2 years is also Muslim.

The vast majority of the Muslims I know are great people and are not in anyway significantly different to people back home in OZ.
Normal people regardless of Nationality, Race, Religion or social standing just want to be able to work, enjoy the company of friends and family, give their children a better life than they had and basically just be left alone to get on with their lives.

But then you get your sickos, people who like to hurt or control others, unfortunately religion supplies many of these individuals with an avenue to do these things and an almost never ending parade of potential victims.

In this case a young man decided to convert to Islam to cure himself of a drug and alcohol addiction, unfortunately he wasnt able to do so and he found out the hard way what he actually signed up for under his Imams interpretation of Sharia law

Sydney Sharia victim whipped "out of love"

I genuinely wonder if people who hurt and kill and the name of religion and God actually believe what they say or if its just a convenient excuse?

The Imam denied that it was sanctioned by him, the attackers were charged with assault + Actual bodily harm in company.

TBH I think the people who assaulted him did in fact believe they were doing right by their teachings.. as they believe in a literal interpretation of an outdated medieval text. Despite the Imam saying he doesn't sanction it... I reckon he does... you cannot separate Islam from sharia.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I struggle with that same question, but the truth is the only way to look
at it is that they are using flawed morality to make choices, if the morality
in religious books were ok then there wouldn't be justification for abusing
people or the many other atrocities that are committed, which they would call the love
of another, its all just subjugation, submit to their idea of morality even
though its brutally obvious that it is flawed or be punished......

I cannot morally defend any of the main stream religions because of this
and i am to the point where i am tired of overlooking the complete lack of
morality from them, if they had any semblance of morality they wouldn't
do those horrid things, that is love. Its a sick world where so many have
been convinced that gods love = pain/torture/murder and so on, but
when you have a scape goat for guilt in the form of gods forgiveness
then its easy to call whatever you like moral.

Responsibility for ones own actions is moral, punishing those who
use religion to punish others is the first step to actually having morality,
they should not be allowed to hide behind their religion and get a free
pass from prosecution because they have an imaginary friend.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
More evidence as to why I deplore religion.

Here in Australia we do not recognise Sharia Law in any way whatsoever. Those four men should be jailed. They have a choice; the relative freedom and safety of living in Australia, accepting the culture and laws of this land or if they want to live by Sharia Law then relocate to a nation, like Oman, Bahrain or Malaysia which practises it.

Of course they’d rather live here as it far safer and much less volatile then all those other countries.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

if they want to live by Sharia Law then relocate to a nation, like Oman, Bahrain or Malaysia which practises it.

I live in Malaysia and can assure you they dont practice Sharia law here, they have captital punishment for serious offences but that has nothing to do with religion.

Technically Sharia law is on the books but its never enforced and it only applies to Muslims living here, non muslims are only subject to secular laws which are basically the same as laws in the UK

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Sorry,

But it feels as tho too many actually do have an agenda of trying to paint a softer picture of muslims.

Otherwise, why try to explain the actions of Sharia Justice (A Joke in and of itself) When it is so clearly barbaric and hateful to anyone who doesn't fall in line?

Damn! We just got rid of the Catholic wannabe dictator of the World and we have only one more. This crap has gone on long enough. For #%$^ sakes...It's 2013! Get real!

Jude11

edit on 28-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Technically Sharia law is on the books but its never enforced and it only applies to Muslims living here, non muslims are only subject to secular laws which are basically the same as laws in the UK

You are trying to paint a rosy picture of your situation that does not reflect reality.

en.wikipedia.org...

All ethnic Malays are considered Muslim by Article 160 of the Constitution of Malaysia.

That means the majority of the population is declared Muslim by law.
So much for religious freedom.

Muslims are obliged to follow the decisions of Syariah courts in matters concerning their religion. The Islamic judges are expected to follow the Shafi`i legal school of Islam, which is the main madh'hab of Malaysia. The jurisdiction of Shariah courts is limited only to Muslims in matters such as marriage, inheritance, divorce, apostasy, religious conversion, and custody among others.

So, once you become muslim, then you put yourself under the authority of the sharia court. Sharia laws state that it is illegal to convert from islam to another religtion.

That sounds like a one way trip to me. You are free to take up islam, but you are not free to leave islam.. That includes the ethnic malays.

So, if you girl friend ever converted to Christianity, then she would be in for a world of hurt.

The majority of the people around you are walking around while dragging the religious chains that are around their neck. Sounds like a hell hole with a bit of fancy facade to me.

edit on 28-2-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I knew a muslim girl who married an Aussie bloke. He had to convert to islam before her family would accept him.

Just on the topic of converting to islam..

I have just had a quick check for the prison populations around the world who are comprised of muslims. You would think for such a pious mind set that it would be very sparse, but it seems to be rather a healthy percentage of muslims compared to the percentage that make up the total number in any given country.

There was no items I could find for Australia, but there was a few articles on muslims in prisons here, converting susceptible Aborigine inmates.

Well, anyone who has ever tried to read IslamicSydney fouums (which closed access to the general public, and no appears to be completely offline) would see that segregation with sharia is alive and well within the secluded confines of the islamic communities in Australia.

But what do I know, I'm just some hick that knows nuffing and should stick to fish and chips, like a good white skippy.

edit on 28-2-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

lashing is for drinking in public. in the streets. why do not they lash the king and princesses of Saudi Arabia !? those who drink and ..... in the public and all the world know it !!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

An update on the story

Update

After reading this Ive pretty much lost any sympathy for the guy

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

how dirty are those radicals ! nothing is dirtier than religious radicalism. there are two possible points:
1-some people want to spread bad view of religions.
2-the attackers are under ideology of Taliban and Qaeda (Salafism) or maybe even worse !!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

You are trying to paint a rosy picture of your situation that does not reflect reality.

No Im stating facts as I see them after living in the country for 4.5 years, you however are extrapolating from a wiki article of all places and acting like you know something.

That means the majority of the population is declared Muslim by law. So much for religious freedom.

Over here you are at birth automatically labeled with whatever religion your parents have, the majority of people are labelled Muslim as thats what the majority of the population is.

So, once you become muslim, then you put yourself under the authority of the sharia court. Sharia laws state that it is illegal to convert from islam to another religtion. That sounds like a one way trip to me. You are free to take up islam, but you are not free to leave islam.. That includes the ethnic malays.

I persoanlly know of 4 people (3 malay 1 Indian) who have converted to Christianity, true they had to attend counselling sessions which werent pleasant and also had to have psyche evaluations done but its not against the law here or impossible. I agree its backward theres any hoops to jump through but to say your not free to leave Islam here is just plain false. I know from speaking to people its not the law thats stops anyone from changing whats on their ID but rather disapointing their families that stops them, pretty much the same as what Ive heard from Christians in OZ who dont follow or believe in Christianity.

So, if you girl friend ever converted to Christianity, then she would be in for a world of hurt.

No she wouldnt, maybe from her family but no more than a Christian in the same situation.
Ive discussed marriage with both of the Malay Muslim girls Ive dated and both have been fine with the fact I wouldnt convert. The current girl Im seeing doesnt wear a Tudung (headscarf) she drinks alcohol as much as me and while she doesnt eat pork she has no issues with me eating it and she doesnt mind making me bacon sandwiches (she doesnt eat lamb either). Most people here are culturally Muslim only, much like people in Australia are culturally Christian.

The majority of the people around you are walking around while dragging the religious chains that are around their neck. Sounds like a hell hole with a bit of fancy facade to me.

Im assuming your an actual and not cultural Christian so I can see how you would come to this ignorant assumption but I assure you in this country how religious you are is a choice, no one stops Muslims from boozing it up in bars, clubs or pubs. No one stops you from eating during Ramadan, you dont have to walk around veiled etc etc
Me thinks you need to get out a bit more dude
edit on 28/2/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join