Satan as Divine Mind, logic

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Satan has been portrayed as the 'devil,' epitome of evil. I would like to challenge that notion, and propose a somewhat dramatic alternative translation/interpretation. 'Satan' is, in the original Hebrew, Ha-Shatan. This is often translated 'the deceiver.' I disagree. I believe it is better translated/interpreted 'the inconsistency.' He represents that which is logically inconsistent with God.

The issue is that ha-shatan, 'satan,' is right. He is more logically consistent than God is portrayed as being in the holy texts. What they don't tell you in scripture is that God knows shatan is right. Shatan, in fact, is God's shadow-side. God is the unity of the entire Universe, yet then why evil? Shatan said that one could not be commended for being a good person/believer if God gave him everything already, just like a bad person couldn't be punished, since God had given him nothing. It was put to the test, and ha-shatan was right. God realized that shatan was an aspect of himself, the Divine Logos. God and shatan are reflections of each other, and this has been hidden over the millenia.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
One can justify all kinds of evils through logic, or false logic.

Hence the deception. Sounds like you are falling for it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well you could argue that God created man to torture and he uses Satan as that instrument.

No matter how you look at it, all evil in the entire existence of men was created by God. If you don't believe he knew beforehand then you don't believe he's omnipotent.

I find that kind of twisted myself.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
Satan has been portrayed as the 'devil,' epitome of evil. I would like to challenge that notion, and propose a somewhat dramatic alternative translation/interpretation. 'Satan' is, in the original Hebrew, Ha-Shatan. This is often translated 'the deceiver.' I disagree. I believe it is better translated/interpreted 'the inconsistency.' He represents that which is logically inconsistent with God.

The issue is that ha-shatan, 'satan,' is right. He is more logically consistent than God is portrayed as being in the holy texts. What they don't tell you in scripture is that God knows shatan is right. Shatan, in fact, is God's shadow-side. God is the unity of the entire Universe, yet then why evil? Shatan said that one could not be commended for being a good person/believer if God gave him everything already, just like a bad person couldn't be punished, since God had given him nothing. It was put to the test, and ha-shatan was right. God realized that shatan was an aspect of himself, the Divine Logos. God and shatan are reflections of each other, and this has been hidden over the millenia.

This will make it clear for you

What MOST Christians think as Satan, which is Lucifer (The Knowledge) in this case, is not Satan (Ego)
but What MOST Christians think as God is Satan (Ego)
edit on 28-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney

Dear TheJourney,

Sorry, that is not what the bible says. Firstly, Satan is far from all knowing, he got Job wrong and didn't even recognize Jesus. Job proved Satan wrong, Satan did not prove God wrong. The bible makes two points that you may find of interest. Firstly, Satan accuses us day and night before God. Secondly, one day we will command angels. Satan got it wrong, our best is better than him. It says he was the most beautiful of the angels, it does not say he was the smartest or best. He is a chump at best. A spoiled brat and a narcissist. He deceives like any other troll because he cannot stand the truth and the truth is, he is weak, stupid and a loser. History proves that.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

It makes sense. Another name for god is "The One" (implying that "God" is "Everything"). If "The One" is throwing people in hell, then he is hurting aspects of himself.

Satan is NATURE. The Natural side of things. God is AGAINST nature as he says that nature is sinful. Yet, God is the one that created nature....

And before people talk about Satan tricking Eve to eat a "fruit"... remember, God created Satan as well and also formed Satan's nature...

(Supposedly anyway, if you believe in the bible)
edit on 28-2-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

So... satan is on /b/ ?

Sounds legit..

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Have you heard of supernatural entity Azazel and Goddess ISIS, and what their relationship is to Lucifer and Satan?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm sick of my damn threads getting deleted around here. Sorry, I'll respond a bit later.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Dear winoifiend,

Sorry, I don't know what "on /b/" means. I am in my 50s, lucky I can use a computer at all. LOL.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Have you heard of supernatural entity Azazel and Goddess ISIS, and what their relationship is to Lucifer and Satan?

I am familiar with ISIS, not so much Azazal. Perhaps Isis is Shatan's feminine side, 'sister.'

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I am familiar with ISIS, not so much Azazal. Perhaps Isis is Shatan's feminine side, 'sister.'

top topics

join