It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified "booms" over Tucson, Arizona USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Well, a branch of the San Andreas fault runs right down mid-town from North to South and there was a huge quake here in 1888... can't say I felt the earthquake if that was what caused the noises... felt tremors here before with lower rumble a couple times.

Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

The more i read tweeds from around town
it sounds like Airburst?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Well, a branch of the San Andreas fault runs right down mid-town from North to South and there was a huge quake here in 1888... can't say I felt the earthquake if that was what caused the noises... felt tremors here before with lower rumble a couple times.

Hmmm...

USGS said they had seismic data but it's not on the main USGS site when you look at AZ with it under "all earthquakes"--link I sent. If it were a quake, USGS would've confirmed it but they just recorded the shake from the sound from the looks of it. News link also checked with just about everybody under the sun as a possible source and nothing. Pretty bizarre.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cactusjacks

I will say that meteor air-burst was exactly what I thought when I heard it... but I've had meteors on the mind so who knows.

If these are in fact air-bursts and not temblors or planes, then it's quite a field we're cruising through.
edit on 2/28/2013 by Baddogma because: lost the "ite" for accuracy

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by cactusjacks
reply to post by Baddogma

The more i read tweeds from around town
it sounds like Airburst?

I wish I was there to be able to have heard it, and form some sort of opinion. What am I saying, it's frackin cold here... I just wish I was back in Tucson or Phoenix... I miss southern Arizona winters. Hell I just miss Arizona!!
edit on 28-2-2013 by madmac5150 because: My cat told me to do it, or else...

edit on 28-2-2013 by madmac5150 because: The cat made me do it again... pushy little bugger

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Yeah, the weather is great when it's not 110 or raining space rocks.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread on the same subject...

www.facebook.com...

People are reporting having heard the Tucson boom that ocurred this evening in SEVERAL states!

???

I'm sorry, but I don't recall any other time in my life when there were so many of these in such a short period of time. what is going on?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

So far it's booms in San Diego, CA USA in the morning hours and same in Southern AZ with more this evening? Could still be plane with newfangled power-plant, seismic or space debris... or ... whatever.

Unexplained booms are relatively common, but not over so large an area.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Bump for the connection to:

Unexplained ground cracks, tear earth in Arizona and Officials investigate cause behind massive earth-split in Brazil
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by sarahlm
started on 3/26/2013 @ 03:51 AM

top topics

<< 1   >>

join