It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope frontrunner issues call for a World Government, "Birth of a New Society"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

In his 2011 essay, “Towards Reforming the International Financial and Monetary Systems in the Context of Global Public Authority,” Turkson calls for an end to the Westphalian order and the creation of a world government (“global public authority”). While Cardinal Turkson’s thoughts are vague about the exact form such a regime should take, he lays out three basic principles that would guide formation. It should, he explains, be:

www.parapolitical.com...

Not only that, it is the duty of every Christian, he says, to support a world government. I'm unclear what that means. Does it mean, if you do not support a world government, you are in violation of church doctrine? Would it be an excommunicable offense if Turkson were Pope?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i`m no expert on the bible but I don`t recall jesus saying anything about supporting a world government so if you don`t support it i`m pretty sure you`ll still be cool with jesus.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is not so much a comment on the article as it is a comment about Christianity in general. Why do people follow, believe in and do whatever a Pope says they should do? I don't understand how anyone could believe in one man so much that they would be willing to take his every word as gospel. Not that he would, but if the Pope somehow religiously justified sacrificing the first born, would people do it? He's just another man. There's nothing "holy" about any of them. He's not god, not the son of god,.... he's just a fallible man and it bothers me that people give his words so much weight that they would fundamentally change their lives if he commanded it.

If what the article says is true and he does become the next Pope, I would not doubt that millions of Christians around the world would start to work toward that goal without any questions. The Pope said it, so it must be true/best. Not saying every Christian hangs on his every word, but too many do.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

“The world situation requires the concerted effort of everyone, a thorough examination of every facet of the problem – social, economic, cultural and spiritual.
The Church, which has long experience in human affairs and has no desire to be involved in the political activities of any nation, ‘seeks but one goal: to carry forward the work of Christ under the lead of the befriending Spirit.
And Christ entered this world to give witness to the truth; to save, not to judge; to serve, not to be served.’” With these words, in the prophetic and always relevant Encyclical Populorum Progressio of 1967, Paul VI outlined in a clear way “the trajectories” of the Church’s close relation with the world.
These trajectories intersect in the profound value of human dignity and the quest for the common good, which make people responsible and free to act according to their highest aspirations.
The economic and financial crisis which the world is going through calls everyone, individuals and peoples, to examine in depth the principles and the cultural and moral values at the basis of social coexistence.
What is more, the crisis engages private actors and competent public authorities on the national, regional and international level in serious reflection on both causes and solutions of a political, economic and technical nature.

well, the plan doesn't sound evil, maybe we should check it out.

more

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

The only "world government" we are to support is when Jesus comes back and reigns.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
This is not so much a comment on the article as it is a comment about Christianity in general. Why do people follow, believe in and do whatever a Pope says they should do? I don't understand how anyone could believe in one man so much that they would be willing to take his every word as gospel. Not that he would, but if the Pope somehow religiously justified sacrificing the first born, would people do it? He's just another man. There's nothing "holy" about any of them. He's not god, not the son of god,.... he's just a fallible man and it bothers me that people give his words so much weight that they would fundamentally change their lives if he commanded it.

If what the article says is true and he does become the next Pope, I would not doubt that millions of Christians around the world would start to work toward that goal without any questions. The Pope said it, so it must be true/best. Not saying every Christian hangs on his every word, but too many do.

Just a FYI, the pope is Catholic. I'm not.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the core beliefs of catholicism is that it is the one and only divinely sanctioned sect of Christianity (yeah we've heard that before). In other words, if I take communion in a Baptist church, I'm only munching on some crackers and sipping grape juice, where in the catholic church, the sacrament is actually the body and blood of Christ.

In fact, the pope dictates nothing to non-catholics. If a new pope dictated that those who didn't support NWO would be damned, then it would get the same response that contraception, divorce, and a multitude of other damning things get here in the states. I'll leave that response (from catholics and non-catholics) to your imagination.

In any event, isn't there supposed to be some link between the catholic church and those who want NWO that has existed for time immemorial??

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Well hopefully Bible prophecy is coming to pass because we wont have to put up with these child molesting religious politicians for much longer. Turkman can stick his world government up his butt along with his sceptor if he becomes the next pedophile pontiff.
edit on 27-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
umm wtf do christian people need to listen to the pope he is catholic.. and let me guess.. this new world order, should it be run by the even more corrupt then the US government catholic church and the vatican? yah that makes sense...

Who gives a crap what the pope says or wants, keep it in ur own country and worry about yourself, we have enough problems over here in the US with pedos we don't need more.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
the pope is a small puppet in a big world
the vatican bank...
well, now your talking:
its bankers who want a one world government
probably run like North Korea

just what Jesus wanted

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Whether you are Christian, Catholic or any other, they all come under the same book. Whats the difference? Do you have a different interpretation of the bible or something?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

The only "world government" we are to support is when Jesus comes back and reigns.

This - Will - Never - Happen.

I don't even know why I respond to this thread, but sometimes the urge to destroy ignorance is too strong.

There is no "jesus", there is no "god" who is watching your every move and thought, there is no heaven, there is no hell. All there is is us, on that little rock we call our planet, mammals among mammals, and we have to build our own future, because if you wait for a fairy tale character to come to save you, you are already doomed. Why not wait for peter pan or harry potter ?

The only "world government" we are to support is when Harry Potter comes back and reigns.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Well a world government simply isn't possible in the first place and in the second place, I highly doubt a majority of the population of earth is going to listen to a Catholic.

No offense against Catholics but they just aren't the majority.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

he also proposes creation of a world central bank to facilitate the recapitalization of banks with public funds

And THE LORD said, recapitalize ye banks with public funds.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
As soon as he comes up with a plan for the Roman Catholic Church to stop raping little boys en mass. I'll pretend to hear what his plans are for anything.

It's hard to take the Pope or the Vatican seriously because I believe in a "God" but I also believe that the Roman Catholic Church is pretty much the most evil society that is known to man and has been since it's inception. It is a disgusting and twisted form of religion that values secrets, most of which involve the molestation of children.

The whole thing should be abolished and people need to wake up to the fact this is not a recent event, this particular church, and facilitators have been doing this since the middle ages. Sick and twisted.

My solution would be to dissolve the establishment of the Vatican, out their files and information and annex the Vatican into Italian territory. Let hose who are Catholic continue to practice their religion no doubt but deprive them of the epicenter of pedophilia that is the Vatican.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
No offense against Catholics but they just aren't the majority.

There is no religious majority. They are, however, the religious plurality.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Why do people follow, believe in and do whatever a Pope says they should do?

Revelation 13:2...The dragon gave him his power, his throne, and great authority.

All characteristics of the Beast (of the Sea) Fulfilled by Vatican/Papal System Alone

This power is also described as the "son of perdition" in 2 Thessalonians 2:3. The only other time this turn of phrase is used is to describe Judas (John 17:12), the one who hid himself amongst the other disciples and betrayed Jesus with a kiss.

The Bible points out that the Pope/Papal system is not from Him but from Satan no matter how much it tries to make out it is "Christian"

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Whether you are Christian, Catholic or any other, they all come under the same book. Whats the difference? Do you have a different interpretation of the bible or something?

The Catholic church claims that they are above the Bible and have made many changes to get the Catholics to follow their authority. Some of these changes in doctrine much of Protestant Christianity has taken up, other changes less so. The majority of Christianity, Catholic and the variations of Protestantism have doctrines that can be detrimental to their relationship with God, help them to be deceived about the end time deception, have incorrect assumptions about how we should live our lives ect ect all these false teachings are dispelled when someone has a strong understanding of the Bible and does not drop whole themes or multiple texts to remain in their error.

It will be the role of the remnant people of God during the Last Days that will lead all others into the Truth (both existing Christian's in apostasy and all other religions). This group is described in Revelation as they who keep His commandments and have the spirit of prophecy (Revelation 12:17). This will be the group who in Revelation 14:9 call out to the people of the Earth in a loud voice about the beast's mark and to follow the creator instead (Rev. 14:7).

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

If I'm wrong in my faith I alienate people like you,no loss.If I'm right you burn in hell.
Might want to start hedging bets there ace. Thank you however for your opinion,it seems many have them.
Though insults are petty and ineffective in swaying a faith I've been raised in and have been comforted by when I was in a war

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

Please note, Jesus' world government is initially in Heaven for 1000 years before the Heavenly city is brought down to Earth where it is then established to reign forever.

Any Jesus figure trying to establish a world government on present Earth is fake and Jesus has warned us about this.

Matthew 24:24-26 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. See, I have told you ahead of time.
So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Jesus' feet never touch the ground during His second coming.

Then we, which are alive and remain, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Master in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Master." 1Thessalonians 4:17

It is only in His third coming that He touches the Earth and establishes His kingdom, by then the redeemed have already spent a 1000 years with Him in Heaven so there is no doubt of who He is.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

There is no "jesus", there is no "god" who is watching your every move and thought, there is no heaven, there is no hell.

Let's see if you can dismantle my arguments for Jesus, Heaven and hell (Lake of Fire) presented Here. No one else can....good luck!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join