It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Waiting Game: Careful what you post

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
ATS has become such a facebookish dating site... that silly Skeptic Overlord will rue the day he disregarded and laughed at my ATS affiliate "Paranoid Partners" pay dating site proposition I floated several yrs ago.....

Where the hell could I find someone that is so like minded? I'd totally sign up for this one!! Imagine that, we could be paranoid together, so paranoid that we actually try to improve our spiritual selves instead of driving like an idiot on the roads and thinking everything is wonderful as I go out to "get mine" each day..

Lets not watch TV and lets not be victims of fashion. Lets not inject our lips with botox and actually improve who we are from within.

It sounds like such a bad idea doesn't it.
edit on 1-3-2013 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzarkIke

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by OzarkIke

I actually visited an actual Marxist regime and let me tell you right now, we're not even remotely close. Not saying that there aren't similarities between present day US and USSR of old. I'd cite issues with the press, a growing distrust for police, and more broad sweeping legislation that does, in fact, impinge on our civil liberties would all be areas where we are similar to the USSR. In the USSR, the people were afraid of reporting being victims of criminal activities for fear of the police deciding they didn't like you and disappearing. That was an actual fear. Here, it's a portion of the population, through possible good cause, that are loathe to call the police for fear of getting a beating. We still don't have long lines wrapping around the corner for hygiene products like shampoo or toilet paper and our travel between states is unrestricted compared to restricted travel in the USSR.

Your response is actually schizophrenic..........after recovering from it I have decided to leave the thread: absolutely bizarre in its contradictory nature. I'm afraid that if I stay and respond any further to this craziness I'll get the bump.

You sir, have issues if you can't discern the main point of Alice's post. I'll sum it up for you in one sentence. "We are not even close to a Marxist regime, we have similarities and differences." Her opinion was from a first person viewpoint.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by darkbake
I'll put in a good word for smyleegrl, I've seen her around and she seems legitimate : )

Thank you darkbake,

That means a lot. Really. You just made my friends list. (membership entitles you to a free brainwashing pass and lifetime exemption from my identity theft scheme).

Sweet! Thanks : )
And yeah. I've seen you and your avatar around on a lot of threads for a while now.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by Advantage
ATS has become such a facebookish dating site... that silly Skeptic Overlord will rue the day he disregarded and laughed at my ATS affiliate "Paranoid Partners" pay dating site proposition I floated several yrs ago.....

It would be cool to have a dating site involved with ATS...

Funny you mentioned that, just yesterday I saw a post from someone in a thread going in detail about their likes and interests, I was like whoa ... That is new one

Ha ha ha that gives me an idea, I could write a thread like that in the relationships section if I wanted and be like BAM who wants to PM.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Anyone who gives up that type of personal info on the net is asking for trouble down the line IMO.

Anyone giving up that type of info on ATS should just spanked, scolded and spanked again...

Peace

Well now we now what you're into..

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
If anyone really wants to know who I am and where I live, they have the ability to find that out anyway. This is the internet, after all. Anonymity is largely an illusion with the right knowledge at one's disposal. Obviously the internet isn't a wholly safe place, and people should be cautious. But someone knowing an astrological sign, belief, country of residence, and a blood type isn't going to make it even easier for them than it already was.

Also, frankly... I have nothing to steal, and I don't fear anyone coming directly to my home, so...

But yes, people should always exercise caution.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Tinfoil hat much? How can asking for highest education level completed be the same as asking for an age? lol "i finished 12th grade, that puts me between the age of 19-100, Good luck guessing!"

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That's right, be super careful about your personal information. It starts with A/S/L, or age, sex, location. Then other things slip like where you work, or if you are in college. What kind of car you drive, questions about your family, if you have guns in the house, your income level, pets, et cetera.

...and then one day, your work gets a prank bomb threat called in.

True story. I told someone online where I worked and what time work started. Sorry, can't chat now, have to go to work, starts at 8 o'clock. They were a true sicko and called in a bomb threat at work. Well, now they are rotting in jail for sick tricks like that, and they had hurt dozens more people than me over a long period of time.

Don't do surveys online. Not even for a prize. Think of forums like a big bar and there is the chance of that rotten guy that is planning to steal your car outside or put something in your drink. You can find good people, but then there is that few people that ruin the whole sharing experience for everybody.

Or only answer the questions that won't put you at risk.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Thank you! I absolutely love Zeppelin, I grew up on it and the rest of my parents' records so I'm very "classic rock" minded for a 24 year old girl, LOL. Haha, good luck to the guy who tries to figure me out or "who I am" on here...seriously, good luck.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by Infi8nity

Good, cuz I sure deserve one!

Yes, that's me in my avatar. You like?

edit on 2/27/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

Me like. Lets back to this spanking thing, shall we; We need you to move the hair from your face and take a pic just to make sure you don't have a google eye because it's hard to give a girl with a google eye a good spanking.(no offense to people with google eyes). And if you have one, don't let this make you feel bad because you're very hot regardless. Plus, you like classic rock! Please don't have a google eye.

On topic:
I don't believe that the questionaire is a phishing ploy or anything else. Smylee is an MVP around here who might need a good spanking too.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

LOL, my hair regularly needs to be brushed out of my face...it's down to my waist and gets in the way quite often. Both of my eyes are the same, LOL...large and lovely. Thank you so much for the compliment! Hot girls love classic rock and need spankings too, hahaha...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

Oh Indeed, what lovely eyes you have.(with Austin Powers accent).

Long hair, classic rock, no google eye......Have mercy. Don't even tell me that you are about 5' 4'' or so. It might be too much for me to bare, I Mean, bear.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I'm 5'5", hahaha...

Long hair, classic rock, pretty eyes, and short.

Is it really too much to bare?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

He's got Megadeth quoted in his mini profile ( Peace Sells ) so he can't be all bad.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well hello there Clarise...I mean J.C..
Reooooow! Hubba Hubba

@Heff
Good eye! Peace sells, but who's buying. Did I come off a little creepy?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Haha, I can rock out to some Megadeth! Dave Mustaine was kind of a d***, though. LOL.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

LOL, hello there...no fava beans or chianti for me.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcutler12888
reply to post by Fylgje

LOL, hello there...no fava beans or chianti for me.

Nah. Beens make me fart and wine makes me crazy, and the two together is just insanity. The cops had a helluva time.
And you're right about Dave Mustaine! You know your stuff. How do you feel about Van Halen?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

I don't mind wine, LOL.

I definitely know my stuff! Are we talking David Lee Roth era Van Halen, Sammy Hagar era Van Halen, or Gary Cherone era Van Halen? Cuz David Lee Roth era is the only "real" Van Halen to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Me too! However, I liked the Sammy era too. I'm a fan of Eddie.The Gary Cherone fiasco, as I refer to it, is just embarrassing for all Halen fans. I will say though that some of the music was good, minus the vocals.
Led Zepplin -Tangerine is one of my top ten favorite songs of all time. It's good to see a fine young woman such as yourself who has good taste in music. That's a rarity these days. Hope to see you around here more!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join