It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But but but I saw it on the Interwebz so it Must be True......

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Making it up as they go along is much more effective it seems.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08

The Pope convicted and sentenced to twenty five years in prison, all Vatican property to be given back to the people.

Hugo Chavez is dead.

You heard it here first folks!!

See? I R Jurnilist!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

The problem you see on the interwebs existed before the interwebs came about. Except before it was so and so said so.. so it must be true.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have a father in-law that prints stuff or shares it on facebook all the time, sometimes really obnoxious political things. I hate being the one to tell him the bad news, haha..but Geez ..I have an uncle that thinks LOL means Lots Of Love. Yeah, so ...one time he says, "Mom just passed away, LOL.".... he still does it..and I don't know how to tell him otherwise.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Violetshy

I can vividly remember sitting in an IRC chatroom, way back in the day, and nearly having an aneurysm trying to figure out what "ROFLMAO" stood for. I had no clue, but didn't want to out myself as not knowing because, even though I was net and computer savvy.. I was a noob at social networking. I didn't want to get tarred and feathered with the noob label universally.

In hindsight that might explain why I got such a kick out of DDoSing folks on IRC.....

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Not so much though, back before the net took over, there were real journalists who actually went out and found stories, checked sources and the like and actually spent time putting a story together. Whereas today, it's all about being the first with a story and getting as many hits as possible, if it's wrong, it can just be changed later.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Wait...You mean to tell me that videos like 'Pig Rescues Baby Goat' might not be true!?!?!

Why I could never believe that anyone would ever go to the trouble of faking something like that. And to prove it, I'm going to do a bit of Googling and show you...um........er.....ah, nevermind...Guess it's fake.

edit on 28-2-2013 by bhornbuckle75 because: vid fix

edit on 28-2-2013 by bhornbuckle75 because: Pig video made me hungry for Bar-B-Q

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
something i found on the interwebs that was actually usefull.

Here be dragons, an aid to critical thinking

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I saw this on the Internet this morning and feel like it needs sharing. I believe it to be true but of course I could be wrong. Given I've only left one comment before, I am unable to post this in the 911 forum but feel it's important information that really could do with being highlighted to as many people as possible.

www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
S&F.

Next thing you know people will even be using the bible to support their outrageous claims. Imagine that?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Violetshy

I can vividly remember sitting in an IRC chatroom, way back in the day, and nearly having an aneurysm trying to figure out what "ROFLMAO" stood for. I had no clue, but didn't want to out myself as not knowing because, even though I was net and computer savvy.. I was a noob at social networking. I didn't want to get tarred and feathered with the noob label universally.

In hindsight that might explain why I got such a kick out of DDoSing folks on IRC.....

I remember my days on IRC.. that was just after the Compuserve chat rooms

I think somewhere I even still have a list of all the commands that mIRC used to use to do whatever /nickserv etc... ROFL...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
evrything on the internet IS real, if you dont believe me GOOGLE it

edit on 1-3-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Great rant
Since the dawning of Google search a great number of experts have arisen trusting every bit of info they find with the click of a search button. I wonder how many people actually weigh out opinions and seek alternative answers in relation to any topic of interest .

Even sites like Wiki with their professional layouts and sometimes over the top jargon can be modified by the public, yet people still take claims by it as the ultimate truth. Ironic how most of us crave the truth but we don't really even know what the truth is anymore.

It's quite a daunting prospect to regard everything we are subjected to in regards of information to be misleading or completely false not only on the web but on paper as well. Suppose one would be studying a certain subject and your textbook is your gateway to knowledge about that subject. If you have no prior experience of the subject, how would you really know that the book is giving you truthful information (unless it is of theoretical/philosophical stature)

I presume if we are still in the process of evolution then the very ideal of truth its self will forever adapt to suit our psyche. I can at least commemorate the ones who seek answers than the ones who dish them out without even considering the outcomes if they are wrong.

Good things

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

edit on 3/1/2013 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

I think this joke has run it's course... seriously..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join