It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Hugo Chavez Is Dead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Depending on whose graph you look at Venezuela is somewhere in the top 15 oil producing nations world wide. But if you look at reserve tables and the projected amount of oil that they are expected to produce in the coming years they rate in the top seven. Look at the others at the top and you wonder. How many of those countries at the top aren't in our hands? ZERO (well Iran... don't hold your breath)

searchingforthetruth.typepad.com...
edit on 27-2-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
From the OPs source:

Update 10:40 p.m.: Indeed, not even the company
that reported the news can stand behind it. CNN's
international PR team tweets, "CNN cannot
confirm reports of Hugo Chavez's death."

m.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Wow. Pretty offensive. I get the premise, but why the eagle bro?

That's a majestic bird, not only for American's but other countries as well.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wow, this is a prime example of how the msm has most of you so brainwashed its not even funny anymore. Forget everything you think you know about this man. He was a pioneer and a great man an his people loved and adored him...

If you say no way I will tell you look up some fairly recent history from a few years ago where the CIA stage a coup in Venezuela during elections to try and put a new president (one of their U.N. puppets)in office even though Chavez won majority vote by about three times as much and had Hugo wrongfully accused and thrown in jail with no proof or evidence of any wrong doing.

needless to say Chavez didn't spend more than six hours locked up because about a couple million people hit the streets protesting and got into firefights in the middle of broad daylight with authorities resposible. The new president had to leave office the same day.

Us policy has historically been to bully everyone with anything worth having ,you call Chavez a dictator why? His people vote him in every year and he can ride anywhere in his jeep with the top down with no security detail, also Venezuelan people are allowed to own firearms.(thought would throw that jab in there too)

Bottom line US villianized him because he did not want to sell oil to us. In what rule book does it say that every country has to be a US lap dog.
Hugo Chavez was a proud man doing the work his people wanted him to do.
BTW I am Cuban/american and proud of my heritage. I have no political preference and listen to all sides and options. I believe in freedom liberty for all and Venezuelan people at the very least got to say they had both during Chavez' reign as president.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Wow. Pretty offensive. I get the premise, but why the eagle bro?

Wow, educated much?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

LOL!
!!!!

Being condescending isn't needed.

I'm an American, I know about the bald eagle. I just found it offensive.

ETA: I find it funny how you take the first half of my post and not the other, and then progress with your post. It's all good though. I don't hate, just state.

-SAP-
edit on 28-2-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
6...5....4...3...2...1... put this in the hoax bin , of the 209,000 web post not one can say for fact that he is dead , 59 say he in Cuba getting better as of the 24th, the rest say things like he die in 2011 like this one www.eutimes.net... msnbc has no news of this, fox nothing... NHK not one word, yahoo well just as bad as fox then this one www.foxnews.com... you would think if this was true all the head lines would be saying "Hugo Chavez is dead" not just the blog sites or the put you post/ message here sites.
and when i truly doubt look in horses mouth edition.cnn.com... and then us.cnn.com... does any one see a link saying he is dead or has died or is said to have died?
edit on 28-2-2013 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

LOL!
!!!!

When stupid questions are asked it is very much needed, carry on.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah
Wow, this is a prime example of how the msm has most of you so brainwashed its not even funny anymore. Forget everything you think you know about this man. He was a pioneer and a great man an his people loved and adored him...

oh the irony...
www.idu.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

LOL!
!!!!

When stupid questions are asked it is very much needed, carry on.

Tell me, how is that a stupid question.

Also could you please show a little respect as I am giving it to you?

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Tell me, how is that a stupid question.

Because it was an American flag with the bald eagle in front of it and you take time out of your busy day to ask me why when you know the bald eagle is the national bird.

Also could you please show a little respect as I am giving it to you?

Motion considered...
Motion denied!
If it would please the court I would like to point out the fact that very little respect has been given making a request for "a little respect" redundant.

-SAP-

What does that stand for??
See that is a stupid question because it is obviously a signature that is an abbreviation for your name.
A good question would be "why do you not just put your name in the signature box instead of constantly writing it out with each post?"

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
any credible reports confirming this? the guy that supposedly leaked the info has been making phony reports about chavez for some time now, who knows castro is knocking on deaths door as well. should be interesting to see the worlds reaction if indeed true. if true good for him for dying on his own and not the same route as qaddafi.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

No not one but with this us.cnn.com... you can see for your self no word , not one or here edition.cnn.com... if that does not satisfy you, then go to fox news they might have something by now

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
6...5....4...3...2...1... put this in the hoax bin , of the 209,000 web post not one can say for fact that he is dead , 59 say he in Cuba getting better as of the 24th, the rest say things like he die in 2011 like this one www.eutimes.net... msnbc has no news of this, fox nothing... NHK not one word, yahoo well just as bad as fox then this one www.foxnews.com... you would think if this was true all the head lines would be saying "Hugo Chavez is dead" not just the blog sites or the put you post/ message here sites.
and when i truly doubt look in horses mouth edition.cnn.com... and then us.cnn.com... does any one see a link saying he is dead or has died or is said to have died?
edit on 28-2-2013 by bekod because: (no reason given)

I sent a mod alert for the Hoax Bin because I debunked the photo in the OP a while back. It is a stll captured from an episode of The Lost, and photoshopped. See my post on page6. I posted about it originally in TA's thread, also linked in my post on page 6.

And linked above FROM THE OPs SOURCE, they cannot verify it.

Hoax Bin? No, but it will the first subject on ATS Live, tonight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hour 1

Show Intro's...

Current Events

Note: these may change as they update

BREAKING: Hugo Chavez Is Dead

Posted after I alerted it was a HOAX.

Oh, he went home the weekend of the 18-19. He wasn't even in Cuba anymore. Cnn themselves ran photos of him, and the story was updated on the 22nd.

Whatever.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
any credible reports confirming this? the guy that supposedly leaked the info has been making phony reports about chavez for some time now, who knows castro is knocking on deaths door as well. should be interesting to see the worlds reaction if indeed true. if true good for him for dying on his own and not the same route as qaddafi.

Look up a few posts, the OPs own source cannot verify the news now.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I might have been sacking my head in disbelief as to how many pages are to this, wonder how many i would get making a thread based on a unconfirmed text message from DPRK, to China saying their attacking the south in one hour.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I might have been sacking my head in disbelief as to how many pages are to this, wonder how many i would get making a thread based on a unconfirmed text message from DPRK, to China saying their attacking the south in one hour.

Try it bro, there is no reason not to.
I don't believe most of the stuff I read here. All of the news in the alternative news forum comes from the MSM which people claim to not believe and when something does come from an alternative source its a hoax because the MSM cannot confirm it. That's doublethink isn't it?
If people can claim to be aliens here I see no reason why you couldn't dump that stinker in skunkworks and have at it.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

First off relax. "If it would please the court"?
Okay then.

How dare I ask for respect on internet. I should know better...

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. First I'll respond to why I put "-SAP-" in every post.

Simple answer really, I do it because it's a lot easier then typing my name out and also I go by "SAP" a lot with my gamer tag when I game online. When I post on other forums (the game forums) I do that all the time. I wasn't expecting someone to get so bent out of shape about it and pry it a part. Actually you are the first who even questioned it. But thank you for doing so.

I think you missed my point about the eagle. However it's way off subject and I am actually suprised I haven't had my posts modded.

But arguing with someone on the internet is like beating your head against a wall... All it does it make your head hurt. I don't hate and I don't think you should either.

Cheers!

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I agree, just find one news source, and you can bet no one will look into it for a while.

Shame, that. You may even make ATS Live!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

yea well knowing the way things go , knowing my luck it would turn out to be fact, and then be blamed for starting a war no thanks ill pass on that one, besides having one thread up is all i can take for one night

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join